No announcement yet.

Sammy Yatim: Whats your opinion?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What I think is police should be better trained to deescalate situations by speaking, I mean, any person can say "put the knife down" and then shoot the person nine times. Anyone could do that, as a police office though you should be better than that and not have to resort to that option so quickly.
    You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

Not to mention the police were wearing vests and had tasers so the chance of Sammy stabbing one of those police officers to death had they simply tasered him and then subdued him is highly unlikely.

The kid did not have to die, he was clearly in the wrong but he didn't deserve death.

Comment

Mr.Z wrote: View Post
        Not to mention the police were wearing vests and had tasers so the chance of Sammy stabbing one of those police officers to death had they simply tasered him and then subdued him is highly unlikely.

The kid did not have to die, he was clearly in the wrong but he didn't deserve death.
        The sergeant on squad is the only one with a taser and if you check out the video in that second article I posted it explains the situation in the video step-by-step
        If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
          While I can't disagree with the 'excessive force' argument, the fact remains, no police officer should be put into the scenario where they are forced to try and take this guy down when he's got a knife and won't drop it, despite warning and commands from armed police officers. At this point, if you've got a gun pointed at him, and he still doesn't drop it (and calls you a pussy), you know he's looking for trouble.

I honestly think this guy was trying to commit 'suicide by cop'.
          http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suicide_by_cop
          They are police officers, they're paid to deal with these sorts of situations.

Comment

Mr.Z wrote: View Post
            They are police officers, they're paid to deal with these sorts of situations.
            I don't know how this is in Canada, but most police officers over here don't get into these kind of situations daily. It also doesn't matter that they are paid to deal with these situations, it's more about proper training and evaluating whether they are capable of handling these kind of situations.

Comment

Just going by the looks of it, it certainly doesn't look like they are well prepared to handle this. That's something which should be taken into account in the possible actions taken against these police man(men). You can't expect people who aren't prepared extensively to make sound decisions in a high stress situation.

Comment

Soft Euro wrote: View Post
                I don't know how this is in Canada, but most police officers over here don't get into these kind of situations daily. It also doesn't matter that they are paid to deal with these situations, it's more about proper training and evaluating whether they are capable of handling these kind of situations.
                Well that the thing, they should have the proper training because although it's not every day this stuff happens it does in fact happen so they should always be prepared.

Comment

Working...
                X