Signs Of Tanking?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Signs Of Tanking?

Most of the outside media i have read says that the Raptors will be tanking next season and its only a matter of time before Ujiri will dismantle the team. Personally, i don't see how they came to this conclusion before we even see this team on the court. So im curious if maybe i am missing something? What leads them to think that the Raps will be aiming for lottery balls? (I havent seen any indication) I also wanted to pose the question: When do you know that the Raptors will be going in the opposite direction and what signs make you come to that realization? (ie. Trading Rudy/Demar)

I dont think poeple think the raps are going to tank, i think its more of a ''the raptors should tank'' or a ''I want the raptors to tank''
    What they got to say now? Nothing they can say now. Mobbin' on the low. Winnin' on the low
    The city embraced me, made me feel at home. The only difference [between Compton and Toronto] for me is the cold. -DeMar
    No Where Near the South Side #WeTheNorth

Comment

lilmamba_ wrote: View Post
      I dont think poeple think the raps are going to tank,
      they just think we are bad

Comment

Miekenstien wrote: View Post
        they just think we are bad
        Pretty much.

Comment

"Most of the outside media"? Probably need to provide some sources for this one buddy.

If it's ESPN or anything like that, I wouldn't listen.
          Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

I saw a dude dressed in full military gear the other day.

Pretty sure that means we're tanking.

Comment

let me give you this, the day ross starts.. consider its a tank
              What they got to say now? Nothing they can say now. Mobbin' on the low. Winnin' on the low
              The city embraced me, made me feel at home. The only difference [between Compton and Toronto] for me is the cold. -DeMar

Comment

isaacthompson wrote: View Post
                "Most of the outside media"? Probably need to provide some sources for this one buddy.

or if its TSN or sportsnet, they dont know anything either.. atleast they dont care

Comment

isaacthompson wrote: View Post

Sorry about not citing a source but I just keep reading this from all of the article links on the RR homepage. Specifically, all the power rankings i read seem to think the Raptors will be in rebuilding mode (Bleacherreport especially) not that they know any better but i just thought that maybe they see some sort of signal that ive missed...

Comment

It's simple. They don't know what they're talking about. Not a surprise really.
                    Mamba Mentality

Comment

Tankers, Just Wanna Point Something Out

There's already a 4 lottery picks on this team:

Jonas Valanciunas - 5th -2011
                      Terrence Ross - 8th - 2012
                      Rudy Gay - 8th - 2006
                      DeMar DeRozan - 9th - 2009

So I just want an explanation for how tanking is guaranteed to yield better players than those. That's all.

Comment

Xixak wrote: View Post

Rudy Gay - 8th - 2006

So I just want an explanation for how tanking is guaranteed to yield better players than those. That's all.
                        No need to have yet another thread referring to tanking, so I merged yours with yesterday's "tanking" reference.

Comment

Xixak wrote: View Post

Rudy Gay - 8th - 2006

don't forget augustin, hansborough, and daye (1 pick out).

team is loaded with top shelf talent. now we just sit on it and let the playoff wins roll in for years to come.

Comment

EuroBaller wrote: View Post
                            Most of the outside media i have read says that the Raptors will be tanking next season and its only a matter of time before Ujiri will dismantle the team. Personally, i don't see how they came to this conclusion before we even see this team on the court. So im curious if maybe i am missing something? What leads them to think that the Raps will be aiming for lottery balls? (I havent seen any indication) I also wanted to pose the question: When do you know that the Raptors will be going in the opposite direction and what signs make you come to that realization? (ie. Trading Rudy/Demar)
                            Of everything I've read, the only consensus tank teams so far are Philly, Utah and Orlando. Most seem to think Boston will join them at some point, and Charlotte are probably bad enough to be considered tanking in spite of the fact that they added a fairly decent free agent (which is kind of hilarious).

But I think that Masai has positioned us to tank, simply because none of the players he added move the needle much in terms of making the team better right now. If he was really interested in improving the team for next year, he probably could have used the mid-level* to go out and get some kind of upgrade. Like Colangelo would always do**.

So as it stands, we're a Rudy Gay trade away from tanking. And I'm fully expecting a mid-season Gay trade.

*If we had a mid-level.

**Or at least, Colangelo thought he was upgrading, but it turned out he never was.
                            "Stop eating your sushi."
                            "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                            "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                            - Jack Armstrong

Comment

chris wrote: View Post
                              don't forget augustin, hansborough, and daye (1 pick out).

team is loaded with top shelf talent. now we just sit on it and let the playoff wins roll in for years to come.

Comment

Working...
                              X