Signs Of Tanking?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jimmie wrote: View Post
    That sounds like it would be more attractive to the average American pro basketball player, not less attractive... ;-)
    Be very careful what you say. That wasn't even remotely close to being funny

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
      So we can agree everyone is creating narratives to suit their opinion - myself included?
      haha, so true

Comment

That sounds like it would be more attractive to the average American pro basketball player, not less attractive... ;-)
        Unless you're an Afro- American. Remember, The #1,2,3 sport of the people who created that law is NASCAR, where I see a virtual all white community.

Comment

• Xixak wrote: View Post
          That's rich.
          Definition of Statistics: The science of producing unreliable facts from reliable figures.

Comment

Gilbert Arenas, Javaris Crittenton, Stephen Jackson, Terrence Williams and Delonte West beg to differ lol

Yosemite_Sam.jpg

It was only a joke.. lighten up a little!

LINK: http://basketball.about.com/od/histo...uspensions.htm

Comment

• Comment

• CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                Gilbert Arenas, Javaris Crittenton, Stephen Jackson, Terrence Williams and Delonte West beg to differ lol

[ATTACH=CONFIG]108[/ATTACH]

It was only a joke.. lighten up a little!

LINK: http://basketball.about.com/od/histo...uspensions.htm
                It's a tasteless joke. The actions of a few do not represent the desires and/or actions of an entire group.

Not funny at all.

Comment

It's a tasteless joke. The actions of a few do not represent the desires and/or actions of an entire group.

Not funny at all.
                  Oh come on, seriously? The NBA has long had a reputation of being a 'gangster/thug' league, from all the gun/drug incidents, to teams fighting in the stands, to Stern famously air-brushing AI's tattoos off for a magazine cover, to the league's enforced dress code for players. lol

Not funny to you, perhaps. You're hardly the official RR authority on all things humor.

Comment

Not funny at all.
                    Holy crap..make the world a better place and punch Xixak in the face.

Buddy, you've insulted and degraded so many posters on here that your personal feelings on subjects are null in-void.

You take issue with a joke and want something to be done about it? You should of thought of that before you went around calling everyone sarcastically "dude" and "bro" and telling them to "stop" and that they're "on crack" and "what on earth (are they talking about?)..."
                    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

• LBF wrote: View Post
                      Holy crap..make the world a better place and punch Xixak in the face.

Buddy, you've insulted and degraded so many posters on here that your personal feelings on subjects are null in-void.

You take issue with a joke and want something to be done about it? You should of thought of that before you went around calling everyone sarcastically "dude" and "bro" and telling them to "stop" and that they're "on crack" and "what on earth (are they talking about?)..."
                      Umm calling someone "dude" or "bro" is not an insult by any stretch of the imagination. I start conversations with my friends like that... so if you're taking it as trying to degrade someone, then Lord help you.

Saying "stop" or "what on earth" and making a general reference (not I did not say any specific poster was on crack) to being "on crack" are not even in the same category as making a racially charged joke. Just because some "thugs" or "gangsters" might have played in the NBA before or still play in it currently does not mean that the players in the league would find a gun-favoring environment attractive. It's an incredibly ignorant thing to say. And I'm only using the word "ignorant" to put it lightly.

Comment

Umm calling someone "dude" or "bro" is not an insult by any stretch of the imagination. I start conversations with my friends like that... so if you're taking it as trying to degrade someone, then Lord help you.

Saying "stop" or "what on earth" and making a general reference (not I did not say any specific poster was on crack) to being "on crack" are not even in the same category as making a racially charged joke. Just because some "thugs" or "gangsters" might have played in the NBA before or still play in it currently does not mean that the players in the league would find a gun-favoring environment attractive. It's an incredibly ignorant thing to say. And I'm only using the word "ignorant" to put it lightly.
                        First, it's a joke making fun of the NBA's history with guns. There was nothing racially motivated in the joke, as the NBA is one big happy international family.

Second, it's not ignorant, especially in light of the fact that enough North Carolinans (of all backgrounds) obviously supported that "gun-favoring environment" enough for the real legislation to pass.

EDIT: unfortunately this discussion about a joke is a clear sign that this thread is tanking... and fast.
                        Last edited by CalgaryRapsFan; Thu Aug 15, 2013, 05:57 PM.

Comment

You should stop putting it lightly and just say what you mean. You don't appear to have a hard time doing that elsewhere. And I'm a big boy, I can take it.

But calling what I posted "a racially charged joke" when I didn't mention race at all? You should tread carefully, 'cause that's an extrapolation of my statement that I will not accept "lightly"...
                          Definition of Statistics: The science of producing unreliable facts from reliable figures.

Comment

You should stop putting it lightly and just say what you mean. You don't appear to have a hard time doing that elsewhere. And I'm a big boy, I can take it.

But calling what I posted "a racially charged joke" when I didn't mention race at all? You should tread carefully, 'cause that's an extrapolation of my statement that I will not accept "lightly"...
                            Lol you won't accept it. Alright then.

Comment

• Hang in there Xixak. For all the talk about respectful dialog here, it sometimes doesn't encompass respecting sensitivities of some posters. Most of us have lines to cross about what's "funny" and what's not, but I haven't figured out yet where that line is here. Hell, if I let my often twisted sense of humour loose, I'd likely be banned within hours, no matter how much I called it just a joke.

I guess the general rule of thumb is that in reference to someone outside the RR club, it's free game, despite the fact it's a public forum, but gawd help you if you apply the same sense of humour directly to someone here. A bit of a double standard perhaps, but what the hell can you do? My advice would be that if you find something to be distasteful, state it once and let it be, no matter what the flood of responses that may come.

Comment

Lol you won't accept it. Alright then.
                                Hoo, boy. You are a unique one, that's for sure. I thought Multipaul had the market cornered; but I was wrong, there are more of you everywhere! Good old Xix, can't beat the Xix...

Comment

Working...
                                X