No announcement yet.

Signs Of Tanking?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That trade doesn't work mathematically though. (Charlotte is taking on like 5M too much salary).

Comment

• Xixak wrote: View Post
      Even if he were don't they have Kemba Walker? By all accounts he showed some promise last year. 18-6-4 on 42-32-80 shooting with a PER of 19 and 2 steals per game.

Btw you don't need to make rude sarcastic remarks towards me man. We're just debating there's no need for any animosity.
      I'm tempted to log on the desktop site and reply to this post with every post you've made..

You are the least respectful "rude" poster on this site and then some..

Infact, I recommend Matt throw another 1000 "rude sarcastic remarks" towards you. Then maybe you might have some competition..
      If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

• LBF wrote: View Post
        I'm tempted to log on the desktop site and reply to this post with every post you've made..

You are the least respectful "rude" poster on this site and then some..

Infact, I recommend Matt throw another 1000 "rude sarcastic remarks" towards you. Then maybe you might have some competition..
        Whatever floats your boat bud

Comment

If this happened I would cream my pants and sign my soul over to Ujiri.

Charlotte would have to be silly to take that deal.
          It's most often fantasy scenarios that are spoken of when pushed to present something that makes sense in a Raptors tank "plan"

Comment

If this happened I would cream my pants and sign my soul over to Ujiri.

Charlotte would have to be silly to take that deal.
            Really?

You are trading starter for starter in Lowry/Kemba.

Biyombo is nothing more than an energy back up which I think he'd excel at. With Zeller, Jefferson, and McBob plus Haywood not sure how much development Biyombo gets moving forward.

Gay for Gordon and 2 protected picks (Detroit top 8 and Portland top 12).

I actually think that is pretty reasonable - assuming the Bobcats are willing to throw the future for the present which I think they are.

Comment

That trade doesn't work mathematically though. (Charlotte is taking on like 5M too much salary).
              They are taking on about $300k too much.

I'm sure if Raps sent Richardson, they would happily send back Haywood.

Comment

Was not aware of that, cross them off the list too then.

So it looks like right now there are no ideal trading partners for Gay.
                I still think Washington would make a good partner. Washington is contending (or trying to contend), Gay is from Baltimore and they have picks/prospects plus large expiring contracts like Okafor or Ariza

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
                  They are taking on about $300k too much.

I'm sure if Raps sent Richardson, they would happily send back Haywood.
                  Nvm you're right ESPN is really confusing with how they word it when you make a mistake. It said $5,289,000 or something, I thought it meant that's how much it was off by, but actually it only needs to be within $5M so yeah you're pretty close with 300K

How would you feel about this trade (with us also getting OKC's pick and the DET 1st from Charlotte --- or their 1st depending on which they'd rather move)?

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=n8ke52x

I think it makes sense on all fronts

- Charlotte if they think it'll help them contend. Also get a backup defensive big to replace Biyombo

- OKC gets a legitimate bench scorer (Gordon is 16-3-3 in his career and a 40% 3PT shooter) to replace Martin. Haywood replaces Perkins as their 0 skill big guy that can guard other centers because of size.

- We absorb Perkins' deal which isn't really an issue because it's only 2 years and we'd be looking at rebuilding anyway. Get a potential PG of the future in Walker, Biyombo who still has a lot of defensive potential and Perry Jones who is another guy who supposedly had/has high upside who could just be let go if he sucks (team option). Gomes is tossed in to make salaries work and could just be waived to clear roster space. We also get a late lottery pick and a late 1st round pick in the deal.

We could roll with

Kemba
                  DeRozan
                  PJIII
                  Biyombo
                  Jonas

If we're serious about getting a top 5 pick of our own.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                    I still think Washington would make a good partner. Washington is contending (or trying to contend), Gay is from Baltimore and they have picks/prospects plus large expiring contracts like Okafor or Ariza
                    Gay most likely ends up being redundant with Otto Porter in Washington.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                      Ahh I forgot about this. They were rumoured to have interest in Gay last year also, although they have Otto Porter so I'm not sure they make a move like that unless he's having a terrible season.

Comment

Nvm you're right ESPN is really confusing with how they word it when you make a mistake. It said $5,289,000 or something, I thought it meant that's how much it was off by, but actually it only needs to be within $5M so yeah you're pretty close with 300K

How would you feel about this trade (with us also getting OKC's pick and the DET 1st from Charlotte --- or their 1st depending on which they'd rather move)?

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=n8ke52x

I think it makes sense on all fronts

- Charlotte if they think it'll help them contend. Also get a backup defensive big to replace Biyombo

- OKC gets a legitimate bench scorer (Gordon is 16-3-3 in his career and a 40% 3PT shooter) to replace Martin. Haywood replaces Perkins as their 0 skill big guy that can guard other centers because of size.

- We absorb Perkins' deal which isn't really an issue because it's only 2 years and we'd be looking at rebuilding anyway. Get a potential PG of the future in Walker, Biyombo who still has a lot of defensive potential and Perry Jones who is another guy who supposedly had/has high upside who could just be let go if he sucks (team option). Gomes is tossed in to make salaries work and could just be waived to clear roster space. We also get a late lottery pick and a late 1st round pick in the deal.

We could roll with

Kemba
                        DeRozan
                        PJIII
                        Biyombo
                        Jonas

If we're serious about getting a top 5 pick of our own.
                        Raptors don't have roster space to do such trade.

But I don't like it. Who can shoot in that lineup besides Kemba?

Comment

Raptors don't have roster space to do such trade.

But I don't like it. Who can shoot in that lineup besides Kemba?
                          We could very easily just cut some of the players on the end of our bench or send them down to the D-League, I don't think that would be an issue. Or we could just include them in the deal (can't right now b/c they were just signed).

I thought the idea was to get as high a pick as possible? Playing that lineup would result in very few wins but also allow us to evaluate the talent level of Kemba, PJIII and Bismack. Admittedly, Casey probably wouldn't stand for this and would probably still start Amir/Hansbrough and Novak.

Comment

We could very easily just cut some of the players on the end of our bench or send them down to the D-League, I don't think that would be an issue. Or we could just include them in the deal (can't right now b/c they were just signed).

I thought the idea was to get as high a pick as possible? Playing that lineup would result in very few wins but also allow us to evaluate the talent level of Kemba, PJIII and Bismack. Admittedly, Casey probably wouldn't stand for this and would probably still start Amir/Hansbrough and Novak.
                            In this make believe fantasy land where we have control over what the Raptors will eventually do, the idea is to get as much value back as possible. Value, in my opinion, includes picks, prospects, cap space, and established players on rookie deals.

Call me crazy but with Charlotte getting the two of the three best players - if not THE best two players - in the deal, I'm not sure why one would need to include OKC.

Toronto could also have an advantage over Charlotte because one of the teams likely to want Gay would be Detroit and Charlotte owns their pick. If Detroit gets Gay, that is a disadvantage to Charlotte.

Comment

In this make believe fantasy land where we have control over what the Raptors will eventually do, the idea is to get as much value back as possible. Value, in my opinion, includes picks, prospects, cap space, and established players on rookie deals.

Call me crazy but with Charlotte getting the two of the three best players - if not THE best two players - in the deal, I'm not sure why one would need to include OKC.

Toronto could also have an advantage over Charlotte because one of the teams likely to want Gay would be Detroit and Charlotte owns their pick. If Detroit gets Gay, that is a disadvantage to Charlotte.
                              I included OKC so we could get an additional pick and also so Gordon wouldn't be either A. Rotting on our bench for 13M or B. Taking minutes away from Ross.

I wasn't suggesting lowering the amount of value we were getting back, I basically just adjusted your trade and sent BG to OKC for another pick and a contract...

Maybe we could squeeze a 2nd 1st out of Charlotte (Portland's maybe?), but I don't see what's wrong with the deal I posted. It's exactly the same as the one you suggested with us getting another pick from OKC...

Comment

I included OKC so we could get an additional pick and also so Gordon wouldn't be either A. Rotting on our bench for 13M or B. Taking minutes away from Ross.

I wasn't suggesting lowering the amount of value we were getting back, I basically just adjusted your trade and sent BG to OKC for another pick and a contract...

Maybe we could squeeze a 2nd 1st out of Charlotte (Portland's maybe?), but I don't see what's wrong with the deal I posted. It's exactly the same as the one you suggested with us getting another pick from OKC...
                                OKC just became a tax team. They pay luxury tax and miss out on revenue sharing. Don't see it being feasible.

Also in taking back Perkins you are taking up $9.5M in cap space for the next (*edit* just one) summer. I would not expect the Raptors to be players in free agency but the cap space would be great for dealing with teams worried about the luxury tax (Cleveland with Memphis) or looking to dump players to make their own runs (Portland with Houston).
                                Last edited by mcHAPPY; Thu Aug 8, 2013, 04:01 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X