Rajon Rondo deal in the works?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LBF wrote: View Post
    Oh sorry, did I presume you meant Bargnani? Did I put words in your mouth?

I apologize. I'll make sure to do a better job of controlling myself.

So, you went from wanting Barhnani to Dirk Nowitzki..
    I think he might be thinking of someone like K. Love... but I still don't like it... it's not 2K here

Comment

BadDinosaur wrote: View Post
      I think he might be thinking of someone like K. Love... but I still don't like it... it's not 2K here
      Good luck with that. Trade away draft picks for the next four years trying to get Rondo and Love
      If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

Good luck with that. Trade away draft picks for the next four years trying to get Rondo and Love
        Exactly... there's just too many things I don't like about this idea, I'm not even interested going into detail.

Comment

If Rondo was healthy, it would be a good trade. But he isn't, so it's a little questionable.

Comment

BadDinosaur wrote: View Post
            Exactly... there's just too many things I don't like about this idea, I'm not even interested going into detail.
            Don't have the assets anyways
            If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Comment

Rondo isnt injury prone he tore his ACL ya but the guy is a competitor. Need I remind you he played with a dislocated shoulder?

HEART! Rondo aint no Tin Man and he literally was the Celtics.

Comment

I dont think Rondo injury issues are a problem, even if he gets injured he feels no pain. Dude was walking around for 24 hours before they told him he tore his ACL. I have never seen someone tear his ACL then walk around without assistance of some sort.

Comment

Dino4life wrote: View Post
                  I dont think Rondo injury issues are a problem, even if he gets injured he feels no pain. Dude was walking around for 24 hours before they told him he tore his ACL. I have never seen someone tear his ACL then walk around without assistance of some sort.
                  I tear my ACL back in 2007 playing soccer. I was able to walk, I thought It's just a usual bump nothing serious, but when the pain got worse ( week or so ) I had CT scan which confirmed that I have tear ACL.

So I'm pretty sure Rondo did not have tore acl, only a tear, that's why he was able to walk.

Comment

Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
                    Rondo isnt injury prone he tore his ACL ya but the guy is a competitor. Need I remind you he played with a dislocated shoulder?

HEART! Rondo aint no Tin Man and he literally was the Celtics.
                    I've had a dislocated shoulder and I could play basketball. Effectively, though...is another issue.

Comment

I've had a dislocated shoulder and I could play basketball. Effectively, though...is another issue.
                      Man, don't compare yourself to Rondo lol
                      You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

Mr.Z wrote: View Post
                        Man, don't compare yourself to Rondo lol
                        Who said I was comparing? I was merely relating. You can't play basketball all too effectively with a dislocated shoulder. But I suppose if you're getting shots of adrenaline and such..

Comment

Who said I was comparing? I was merely relating. You can't play basketball all too effectively with a dislocated shoulder. But I suppose if you're getting shots of adrenaline and such..

Or just an total B.A.M.F. like Rondo.
                          (Bad Ass Mother F*cker)

Comment

This feels like a Band-Aid maneuver. We are not one all-star away from eastern conference finals. This moves would take away a lot of good draft picks (which MU seems good at utilizing) for a player that would just get us into the playoffs.

Comment

I like the deal, but I would hesitate on giving up first rounders. If it did go through, I think we would need a great 3pt threat on the floor even more. Also, it would be the first big move for MU indicating he is going to scrap BC's core, and would make us very thin at the wings. It wouldn't be a bad idea to move forward with JV and Rondo as the center pieces, but who else would you want to surround them with and how would you go about getting them? A Rondo acquisition would spell the end of either Rudy or Demar or both in a Raps uniform in my mind, and I would expect them to be moved for picks and expirings. It could certainly provide an opportunity to build a better team than we currently have, that's if you have any faith in Rondo of course, and if we could get a good return on Rudy and DD.

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
                                Nailed it.
                                From Larry Coons FAQ, Q85:
                                Yes, but when determining this, you ALWAYS look ONLY ahead, never back. So since the pick was traded in the past year, at this point we CAN trade our 2014 pick, even without having another pick. But we could not trade the 2014 and 2015 picks yet.

From that same link you posted:
                                The Stepien rule applies only to future first round picks. For example, if this is the 2011-12 season, then a team can trade its 2012 first round pick without regard to whether they had traded their 2011 pick, since their 2011 pick is no longer a future pick. But they can't trade away both their 2012 and 2013 picks, since both are future picks.

Comment

Working...
                                X