No announcement yet.

Nash, Wiggins and Canadian National Team

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Solid effort in the first half most notably Hislip and Kendall on offense and great team defense. It would be more of a blow out if the Joseph brothers were not ice cold.

Comment

Solid win. Joseph had an excellent second half, and probably had the most important sequence in the game when he stopped a Jamaica run with 8 points right at the end of the third. Ultimately it's not that important a win since Jamaica will almost certainly finish at the bottom of the group. The game against Puerto Rico tomorrow, on the other hand, is huge.

Comment

Canada vs. Brazil right now at Fiba Americas. Canada had a great 2nd quarter and are up 10 at the half. C Joseph and Rautins have found their range and Jermaine Anderson has come up strong off the bench. It's a must win situation to not get ahead of competition like Brazil going into the second round.

Comment

91-62, big win for the national team. Both Huertas and his coached were ejected. Corey Joseph was the star of the game with 2 points. Next up is Uruguay on Tuesday.

Comment

Yeah, this is a massive win in terms of finishing top 4. If you assume that Canada beats the teams that are significantly worse than them (Uruguay, plus probably Mexico and Venezuela), then really the only way they don't qualify is if they lose to both Argentina and Dominican Republic, and Brazil beats both those teams. Still, Canada can't let up; the wheels have fallen off for this team in the past, they need to use this tournament as a statement that things are different now.

Comment

Anyone know where to download the Fiba games. I usually have a place i get basketball games but the dude isn't uploading the Fiba games for some reason. I'd really appreciate it if someone could PM me a link, i was on Vacation in Florida and i just got back yesterday

Comment

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                Anyone know where to download the Fiba games. I usually have a place i get basketball games but the dude isn't uploading the Fiba games for some reason. I'd really appreciate it if someone could PM me a link, i was on Vacation in Florida and i just got back yesterday
                http://lmgtfy.com/?q=where+to+watch+...ne+for+free%3F
                Last edited by LBF; Sun Sep 1, 2013, 01:54 PM.
                If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

Thanks bro. I was hoping for it to be in HD but oh well, this will do for now :P

Comment

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                    Thanks bro. I was hoping for it to be in HD but oh well, this will do for now :P
                    the game vs. Brazil replayed this evening on The Score..I mean 360
                    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

The Canada/Uruguay game has been rescheduled to 10:00pm local time, due to a national power outage in Venezuela (which I believe is 10:30 for y'all in Ontario, 8:30 for us here in Calgary).
                      Last edited by octothorp; Tue Sep 3, 2013, 03:30 PM.

Comment

octothorp wrote: View Post
                        The Canada/Uruguay game has been rescheduled to 10:00pm local time, due to a national power outage in Venezuela (which I believe is 10:30 for y'all in Ontario, 8:30 for us here in Calgary).
                        well i fucking missed it ;(

Comment

It was pretty awesome. Just dominant the whole way.

I really like the three big lineups that Triano has been using, like Thompson, Nicholson, and Doornekamp (or sometimes Kendall). It only works because Nicholson, Doornekamp and Kendall can shoot the 3 as well. But with Bennett, Olynyk, Powell, and Lyles all having a similar skillset, it's a huge advantage our program has. Imagine a lineup with Joseph, Wiggins, Bennett, Nicholson, Olynyk. Absolute matchup nightmare for most teams.

Comment

Good first half against Mexico, up 9. Again, Nicholson and Joseph leading the way, and Rautins having one of his best games of the tournament. A 7-2 lead in offensive rebounds and 9-0 lead in second chance points are a major factor for the lead. Nicholson flirting with foul trouble again, though.

Comment

Story of the game for Canada is the gunners, Heslip and Rautins. Mexico comes out in the third and cuts it to a one point game, Heslip comes in and scores 9 to create a cushion, Mexico pulls close again at the end of the third, Rautins with 9 straight to build the lead again. Those two stretches were the most important in the game.

Comment

Really liked the Mexico game, but, It's fairly clear that Jermaine Anderson should be the third point guard for Canada. For Canada to take the next step one of Cadougan, Kabongo, the kid at Gonzaga, or the kid at FSU need to take a big leap this coming season.

Ideally, Anderson's role should be a vet third pg, who can play some sg. Really like how deep this team is, and to think how many quality players aren't playing in this tournament. Wow. Interesting that the broadcaster on the Fiba feed thought that Canada had the second best team in the tournament.

Comment

Working...
                                X