Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ESPN 5-on-5: Rudy Gay most Overrated Small Forward.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
    Don't forget Carmelo.
    What about Carmelo?

George shot 39-27-60 in the Knicks series.

Comment

• Xixak wrote: View Post
      What about Carmelo?

George shot 39-27-60 in the Knicks series.
      Yes he did.

But his team won and he contributed in other ways.

Efficiency is only the be all and end all when you don't do anything other than score.

Comment

• Efficiency by itself certainly doesn't make you an all-star/superstar player, but inefficiency can definitely disqualify you. I think most of his hype comes from his age and his late growth spurt, to be honest. He's obviously a good player, but I think people are expecting a lot of improvement in the next one to two years because he's still so young. Putting the cart before the horse, so to speak.

Comment

• Carmelo only scores thats it but honestly as a pure scorer Melo is probably the best next to Durant... However Id much rather have my Franchise guy be KD. Paul George does a lot averaged what 5 ast a game and 6 boards with 17 ppg.. pretty good everywhere bad defender though. and his Fg% is awful at 39% yikes.

Comment

• TRX wrote: View Post
            Efficiency by itself certainly doesn't make you an all-star/superstar player, but inefficiency can definitely disqualify you. I think most of his hype comes from his age and his late growth spurt, to be honest. He's obviously a good player, but I think people are expecting a lot of improvement in the next one to two years because he's still so young. Putting the cart before the horse, so to speak.
            Superstar - yes.

All-Star - probably not.

I agree with your overall sentiments though.

I wonder what reactions and opinions would be if George was a Raptor?

Comment

• The way you guys talk about some players I'd be surprised if you even watch the games instead of only looking at stats.

Comment

• Letter N wrote: View Post
                The way you guys talk about some players I'd be surprised if you even watch the games instead of only looking at stats.
                DeMar DeRozan anyone?

Comment

• Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
                  Carmelo only scores thats it but honestly as a pure scorer Melo is probably the best next to Durant... However Id much rather have my Franchise guy be KD. Paul George does a lot averaged what 5 ast a game and 6 boards with 17 ppg.. pretty good everywhere bad defender though. and his Fg% is awful at 39% yikes.
                  He was on the NBA All-Defensive 2nd Team.

Comment

• Sam17 wrote: View Post
                    He was on the NBA All-Defensive 2nd Team.
                    Was he? well I missed that I just remeber him getting torched in the playoffs all night every night, but I guess playing against LBJ and Melo will do that to you when you are a lean 2 guard playing the 3 spot.

Comment

• Xixak wrote: View Post
                      I'd really like to know how George is better than Deng in his 3rd season (18.8ppg, 7.1rpg on 51.7% shooting) or Rudy Gay in his 3rd season (18.9ppg, 5.5rpg on 45.3% shooting) tbh.
                      Defense.

Btw, when analyzing George, you have to keep in mind that he didn't break out at the start of the year, even if that's more convenient to assume when collecting stats. He absolutely sucked for the first month or so, after being thrown into that bigger role. Once he adjusted, he was a different player.

Now superstar, non superstar, i don't know, he still needs to improve. I wouldn't be surprised, considering how much he's added to his game every year.

Comment

• Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
                        Carmelo only scores thats it but honestly as a pure scorer Melo is probably the best next to Durant... However Id much rather have my Franchise guy be KD. Paul George does a lot averaged what 5 ast a game and 6 boards with 17 ppg.. pretty good everywhere bad defender though. and his Fg% is awful at 39% yikes.
                        Are you sure you are talking about Paul George btw? Like, everything in bold is wrong, unless you mean somebody else.

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
                          Superstar - yes.

All-Star - probably not.

I agree with your overall sentiments though.

I wonder what reactions and opinions would be if George was a Raptor?
                          Around the league? Probably lower since the team wouldn't be in the playoffs.

In Toronto, we'd probably be overrating him including myself.

Comment

• BobLoblaw wrote: View Post
                            Defense.

Btw, when analyzing George, you have to keep in mind that he didn't break out at the start of the year, even if that's more convenient to assume when collecting stats. He absolutely sucked for the first month or so, after being thrown into that bigger role. Once he adjusted, he was a different player.

Now superstar, non superstar, i don't know, he still needs to improve. I wouldn't be surprised, considering how much he's added to his game every year.
                            Luol Deng has always been considered an elite defender. I mean he was 5th in the league in DWS that year, and his length and versatility allow him to guard 3 sometimes 4 positions.

George had a mediocre 1st month yeah, but he also played poorly after the ASB, and terribly towards the end of the season. His play was relatively consistent throughout the year though. I wouldn't say he was a different player, he was about the same guy for 60+ games.

Comment

• I still think that overall Rudy Gay is a better player.
                              @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                                I still think that overall Rudy Gay is a better player.
                                Than George? I don't think so man.

George does almost everything better. I'd say Gay is a more versatile scorer and has been more efficient up until last season, but there's not much else he has on PG.

Comment

Working...
                                X