Raptors Front Office Changes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raptors Front Office Changes

Nothing huge, but Raptors news nevertheless.

my mom used to work with Mark Eversley back when he was with Nike.

Really nice guy she said, too bad.

Comment

I am not happy to see people lose their jobs, though I am sure these guys will all be fine, but I am pleased that the front office has been purged. It was necessary to clear out the stink of bad decisions and aura of losing that surrounded this organization.

EDIT: Who's going to make the first McIntosh/Fruitman joke? Where's heinz?
      Last edited by slaw; Wed Aug 7, 2013, 02:59 PM.

Comment

slaw wrote: View Post
        I am not happy to see people lose their jobs, though I am sure these guys will all be fine, but I am pleased that the front office has been purged. It was necessary to clear out the stink of bad decisions and aura of losing that surrounded this organization.

EDIT: Who's going to make the first McIntosh/Fruitman joke? Where's heinz?
        Yes, agreed........yet they managed to keep most of the players and the head coach who have been a part of that same losnig aura and bad stink.

Comment

sleepz wrote: View Post
          Yes, agreed........yet they managed to keep most of the players and the head coach who have been a part of that same losnig aura and bad stink.
          Hansbrough, Augusutin, Novak, Daye, Buycks, Qrich all new

4 new assistant coaches (2 of which could easily slide into the head coach job)

New GM - Head Scout - Assistant GM. All changes made since July.

the head coach still has a year left and deserves a shot to coach his way given all the meddling by BC.

Considering the guy has barely been around 60 days, I'd say if this is all he changes before the season starts, I can live with it.
          For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

It's a brand new era for Raptor ball. The back office has been wiped clean... hope this leads to a positive turnaround for the franchise as the Raptors have some of the best fans in the league and they deserve some success for all the crap they have had to endure for 18 years.

Comment

Only players here longer than 1 year are in bold, 1 full season underline, less than a full season or new italic:

Lowry/Augustine/Buycks
              DeRozan/Ross/Fields
              Gay/Novak/Daye/Richardson
              Amir/Hansbrough/Acy
              JV/Gray

Three players longer than 1 year service.
              Five players 1 year or less.
              Six players brand spanking new (Richardson not likely to appear).

I think Casey gets a little longer leash because I'm pretty sure it is evident he was a puppet and was not coaching his desired way. However, his coaching staff has essentially been purged of assistants.

Comment

Well, they got rid of Bargs. Calderon is gone. Gay and Lowry are new and have both played for good teams. Val was just a rook. The only significant holdovers player-wise from the 2008-2012 era of awfulness are Derozan and Amir.

Casey, well, I don't know what to say about him. I always felt like he got way too much credit in year one and way too much blame last season. I also think (with absolutely no evidence for this view other than my observations) that he was poorly served by a medicore coaching staff.

Comment

Well, they got rid of Bargs. Calderon is gone. Gay and Lowry are new and have both played for good teams. Val was just a rook. The only significant holdovers player-wise from the 2008-2012 era of awfulness are Derozan and Amir.

Casey, well, I don't know what to say about him. I always felt like he got way too much credit in year one and way too much blame last season. I also think (with absolutely no evidence for this view other than my observations) that he was poorly served by a medicore coaching staff.

Earlier this year I posted a thread/link to an article citing the influence an agent Warren Legarie had on the Raptors coaching and admin. staff. He was not only BC's agent but also that of the entire coaching staff including Casey. I had thought that a bit odd and unhealthy with all sort of conflict flags. I must point out though that Legarie is the major domo of agents in the NBA management area.

ps...would not be surprised who MU's agent is. Lol.

Comment

His fourth quarter rotations need improvement. MU has taken away some options which have been his downfall.

Comment

Working...
                    X