Toronto's sell-off competition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Axel wrote: View Post
    Your post is completely made awesome by your JV avatar at the moment. It fits so well...
    He's like a Lithuanian, basketballing, moderating, terminator!

Comment

Boozer, Deng, Perkins come to mind

Comment

Mediumcore wrote: View Post
        Boozer/Deng are most likely.. Chicago for the first time ever had to pay luxury tax last year.. I very much doubt they would be willing to do it again when the repeater tax kicks in. I see one of Boozer/Deng being shipped by the deadline.

Perkins may be on the table but who would want him?

Comment

Mediumcore wrote: View Post
          I don't think Boozer and Perkins have much value. I meant what other teams selling might impede Toronto from getting max value in any possible deal.

But Deng. Yeah, forgot about him. There have been rumours there.

Comment

Axel wrote: View Post
            100% On Topic Post of the Day

I think the Raptors will have a harder time if they try to move Lowry this year. The PG market seems to have dried up as more teams are either set, think they are set, or are tanking hard. Utah would have been a prime example of a team that clearly needed a PG to go with Millsap, Favors, Haywood, Al Jeff, etc but now they are so clearly going the other direction (tank) that they wouldn't want to take him on except as an expiring deal.

The only saving grace for moving Lowry might be if a huge bidding war starts for Rondo with 3 or more teams. In that scenario, the teams that lose out may be forced to turn to plan B (Lowry) since they will basically have already admitted that they need a better PG, it would be hard for them to walk away empty handed without any consolation prize.

I think it is more likely that Gay or Demar gets moved than Lowry.

I don't meant to be a broken record but Gay and Lowry to Charlotte just makes so much sense to me. In the past I've talked about Asik/Lin killer contracts with Asik going to Charlotte. However, I don't see Houston letting Asik go without significant upgrade coming at PF. There have been rumours of Asik for Anderson which might become reality if Anthony Davis can't handle the wear and tear of banging at C. Personally, though, I see Millsap ending up in Houston with Asik going to Atlanta. Atlanta still has not fixed the "I don't wanna play C" Horford problem. Houston couldn't sign Millsap outright. Atlanta/Houston couldn't sign and trade Josh Smith. Millsap can be traded after December 15th. Houston could also throw in Jones/Motiejunas + cash as a sweetner. From Atlanta's perspective it also gives a 21 year old Bebe time to develop when he finally comes to the NBA.

But I digress and back to Toronto perspective:

It is tough to get the numbers for a Lowry/Gay trade to work with both players together. But make two separate trades:

1) Gay/Detroit-Portland picks for Gordon/2nd round picks
            http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=jwhjlk8

2) Lowry for Kemba/Biyombo
            http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine/?tradeId=ll4bfo8

Or if you want to include Houston, keep Gay trade above but include Biyombo and do (will work September 10th):

Houston: Kemba, Novak
            Charlotte: Lowry
            Toronto: Lin, Motiejunas, 1st round pick from Houston
            http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine/?tradeId=m6oqfvc
            Last edited by mcHAPPY; Fri Aug 16, 2013, 03:24 PM.

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
              Boozer/Deng are most likely.. Chicago for the first time ever had to pay luxury tax last year.. I very much doubt they would be willing to do it again when the repeater tax kicks in. I see one of Boozer/Deng being shipped by the deadline.

Perkins may be on the table but who would want him?
              I don't know who would want Perkins, but regardless it has to be a possibility, because OKC can't go through another with Perkins playing like he did last year, and still expect to be legit contenders. If they don't trade him and he's that garbage, they're still going to have to make some kind of deal to address that. So I'd say there's a strong possibility OKC does something.

Might be a good way to get involved in some trade action in a multi-team deal. OKC doesn't have a lot of assets to deal. Some good players, but most of the non-core guys have small contracts that will be hard to convert into what they need. Unless a team is willing to take on Perk, I think they'd have to get more teams involved...although the former is still a possibility, even if he's useless, because if a shit team doesn't care about being shit and they can get another asset too, then next year he becomes an expiring deal, that could be a good trade for them.

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                I don't know who would want Perkins, but regardless it has to be a possibility, because OKC can't go through another with Perkins playing like he did last year, and still expect to be legit contenders. If they don't trade him and he's that garbage, they're still going to have to make some kind of deal to address that. So I'd say there's a strong possibility OKC does something.

Might be a good way to get involved in some trade action in a multi-team deal. OKC doesn't have a lot of assets to deal. Some good players, but most of the non-core guys have small contracts that will be hard to convert into what they need. Unless a team is willing to take on Perk, I think they'd have to get more teams involved...although the former is still a possibility, even if he's useless, because if a shit team doesn't care about being shit and they can get another asset too, then next year he becomes an expiring deal, that could be a good trade for them.
                I think Gortat goes to OKC when it is all said and done.

Comment

Every time I see this thread title, that stupid "sell-off vacations dot com" jingle pops in my head, and then I get pissed off that I'm not loungin' on a beach somewhere with a cerveza.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                    Every time I see this thread title, that stupid "sell-off vacations dot com" jingle pops in my head, and then I get pissed off that I'm not loungin' on a beach somewhere with a cerveza.

Comment

Wow. I can't believe I actually clicked 'play'....

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                        I think Gortat goes to OKC when it is all said and done.
                        Yeah, that sounds ridiculously logical at least in terms of fit. Might not be the easiest trade to work out since Gortat makes less. OKC would probably have to take on an extra contract (I'm thinking Shannon Brown or Gerald Green), and probably have to give up a pick (something they seem to be allergic to), because I'm not sure PHX would be that that strongly interested in one of their young pieces....even if they included one to make money work, not sure it's enough.

Comment

I'm not convinced Atlanta would move Millsap this year. Next year, who knows, but I think that Ferry at least gives it the full season to experiment.

Gay to Cleveland made the most sense at the draft, but in the post-draft world Charlotte probably is the most likely destination. I'd rather take back Anthony Bennett from Cleveland than basically anyone on Charlotte, and I really doubt that there is anyway we get a good 1st rounder back for this years draft.

Any trade for draft picks likely means future picks. No team is going to want to risk missing out on this draft class, so the value of 1st rounders will be inflated, while future picks are going to be offered more freely. Trading Gay for future picks isn't going to be a popular move, but it would help their lottery fortunes for this year and give them a stockpile of young assets moving forward.
                          Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

I do think it's possible to find a 2014 pick for Gay somewhere, even a 1st rounder. It would absolutely have to come from a team with an extra one. This to me is what makes Charlotte a possible trading partner...and I guess in that case Gordon could be on the table, but I still think it would not be with intent to really use him at all. It would be like "if you want to come and be around the team and be part of the system, you're welcome to, but if not, stay away until we trade you or you're a free agent". I can't see Gordon being in the team's plans in any way, even in the short term, unless Buycks, Augustin and Ross are ALL having horrible seasons...which is a definite possibility.

Comment

I do think it's possible to find a 2014 pick for Gay somewhere, even a 1st rounder. It would absolutely have to come from a team with an extra one. This to me is what makes Charlotte a possible trading partner...and I guess in that case Gordon could be on the table, but I still think it would not be with intent to really use him at all. It would be like "if you want to come and be around the team and be part of the system, you're welcome to, but if not, stay away until we trade you or you're a free agent". I can't see Gordon being in the team's plans in any way, even in the short term, unless Buycks, Augustin and Ross are ALL having horrible seasons...which is a definite possibility.
                              It's definitely possible, but I wonder if you'd be better off waiting for 2015 picks. If Gay is worth a 12-15 range pick in most years, then in 2014 maybe he's more in the 20 range. My point being, Gay might be worth more in the 2015 draft (Top 10) than in 2014, when those picks are going to be so valued.
                              Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

I could see a market for Perkins. Teams that need a solid defensive centre that does the dirty work and can be a tough guy. Clippers, Charlotte come to mind of the top. Perk has dealt with some injuries but I think it's the style of game they play in OKC that makes him look bad. He seems more like a half court type centre. Possibly good n San Antonio as well. Still under 30 I believe.

Comment

Working...
                                X