Aldridge/Rondo Trade Proposal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aldridge/Rondo Trade Proposal

Lemme preface this by saying I know it would never happen.

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=n5rhthz

Raptors Get:
    Courtney Lee
    Rajon Rondo
    MarShon Brooks
    LaMarcus Aldridge

Portland Gets:
    DeMar DeRozan
    Amir Johnson
    Aaron Gray
    Raptors 2016 1st Round Pick
    Knicks/Nuggets 2016 1st Round Pick

Celtics Get:
    Kyle Lowry
    Terrence Ross
    Raptors 2014 1st Round Pick
    Landry Fields

Toronto gets two all-stars in Rondo and Aldridge, and move forward with this lineup:

Rondo/Buycks/Augustin
    Lee/Brooks
    Gay/Novak/Daye
    Aldridge/Hansbrough/Acy
    Valanciunas/???

The Celtics essentially shave a year off Lee's contract, get another 2014 1st round pick, a young prospect in Terrence Ross at the 2, free up some cap space in the offseason, and also acquire Lowry who could be flipped maybe for another pick or prospect.

The Blazers go into full rebuild, getting back a young 2-guard in DeRozan to play next to Lillard in the backcourt, 2 2016 1st Round Picks and Amir Johnson to take Aldridge's place at PF on the cheap

This is technically 2 separate trades.

I dont think celtics care to pull.
    The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

Meh. Leaves us very slim at SG, which is a bad thing if we're going for a championship run (what this roster looks like).

I wonder if there's any way to flip Rudy instead of DeMar. Portland's packed with shooting guards, so not sure if they would be willing to go for another one.
      Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

I don't understand the point if you know it'll never happen. It's like those people in the bottom 3 in a competition show that get asked who they would eliminate and they say "Probably me. But..". You've done the work and eliminated yourself.
        If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

LBF wrote: View Post
          I don't understand the point if you know it'll never happen. It's like those people in the bottom 3 in a competition show that get asked who they would eliminate and they say "Probably me. But..". You've done the work and eliminated yourself.
          The point is I'm bored and it's August.

Comment

If you tell these teams that you will have Rondo-Lee-Gay-Aldridge-Jonas, they will treat your first rounders no better than the Pacers 1st rounders. I.e. might be worth a Scola, but not much more than that.

Which is why this shouldn't be a 3-teamer, btw.

Anyway, lowball.

Comment

Xixak wrote: View Post
              Lemme preface this by saying I know it would never happen.

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=n5rhthz

Raptors Get:
              Courtney Lee
              Rajon Rondo
              MarShon Brooks
              LaMarcus Aldridge

Portland Gets:
              DeMar DeRozan
              Amir Johnson
              Aaron Gray
              Raptors 2016 1st Round Pick
              Knicks/Nuggets 2016 1st Round Pick

Celtics Get:
              Kyle Lowry
              Terrence Ross
              Raptors 2014 1st Round Pick
              Landry Fields

Toronto gets two all-stars in Rondo and Aldridge, and move forward with this lineup:

Rondo/Buycks/Augustin
              Lee/Brooks
              Gay/Novak/Daye
              Aldridge/Hansbrough/Acy
              Valanciunas/???

The Celtics essentially shave a year off Lee's contract, get another 2014 1st round pick, a young prospect in Terrence Ross at the 2, free up some cap space in the offseason, and also acquire Lowry who could be flipped maybe for another pick or prospect.

The Blazers go into full rebuild, getting back a young 2-guard in DeRozan to play next to Lillard in the backcourt, 2 2016 1st Round Picks and Amir Johnson to take Aldridge's place at PF on the cheap
              Rondo would dog it in TDot. We need to keep our draft picks.

Comment

Working...
              X