Marvel v DC: Superhero Movies Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apollo wrote: View Post
    I've yet to see it but I will say that reviews tend to be influenced by expectations. We see it across all mediums of entertainment where products are hyped to no end to drive sale and it becomes darn near impossible for the product to meet the expectations created by the hype. Something spectacular is immune but something great is only good in reviews. Something good is average or sub par and something average is absolute failure, pure trash.

I can list many examples in movies, TV, music and video games. Then again its all subjective and so one could argue that I'm wrong and BVS is actually BS, the reviewers are correct.
    This makes sense logically, but didn't seem to affect The Force Awakens, the biggest hyped movie of the past decade. Critics loved it.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
      This makes sense logically, but didn't seem to affect The Force Awakens, the biggest hyped movie of the past decade. Critics loved it.
      Star Wars was a well-made, entertaining movie with interesting characters who had motivations and emotions and a simple story that made sense. Batman v Superman was...... none of those things.

Comment

• Binge-watched Daredevil Season 2 last weekend. I am now going to randomly spout "ONE BATCH TWO BATCH, Penny and a Dime".

Blondie is good to look at and many will point out her top mouth mole, but it's like a pretty hot and relate-able flaw that makes you feel you got a chance with her
        Last edited by tonious35; Mon Mar 28, 2016, 05:30 PM.

Comment

• Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
            Star Wars was a well-made, entertaining movie with interesting characters who had motivations and emotions and a simple story that made sense. Batman v Superman was...... none of those things.
            So you're saying BvS wasn't a victim of overhyping. It just wasn't very good, period.

Comment

So you're saying BvS wasn't a victim of overhyping. It just wasn't very good, period.
              I haven't seen the movie (I dont plan on now) but is this review true....? If so...hahahaha...

It says a lot of very depressing things about our world right now that this astonishingly dumb film has real-life parallels. Batman V Superman: Dawn Of Justice is the story of a self-important billionaire with a casual attitude to the truth, who becomes paranoid about a segment of the immigrant population. He decides to take brutal and - as it happens - entirely unjustified and even self-endangering action against that immigrant, to the benefit of a rich psychopath who wants to distract everyone from their own nefarious grasp at power.

http://www.gq-magazine.co.uk/article...uperman-review

Comment

Yeah. It's funny cause I went in with Man of Steel as my bar and that was a terrible movie. I didn't hate BvS but I am wondering if that was because Man of Steel was so bad that any crap would have been okay. I didn't hate BvS, I really liked the Batman stuff and the fight scene was enjoyable but the film wasn't well-made and the overall direction and story(ies) of these movies just doesn't appeal to me.

I'm interested in the standalone Batman movie with Affleck cause I think that will be good. The Wonder Woman one is going to be terrible if it's that actress from BvS cause she is fucking awful and she can't carry a feature movie. The Aquaman 'teaser' looks like a practical joke - I have zero desire to see that. The Flash could be fun but I'm sure they'll suck all the life out of it....

Comment

• I've decided to watch it when it lands on Netflix. I've been happy at the relatively new movies on there.

Comment

• Bendit wrote: View Post
                    I haven't seen the movie (I dont plan on now) but is this review true....? If so...hahahaha...
                    Not really. Based on how Superman behaves in these movies Luthor and Batman are entirely justified in trying to kill him.

Comment

Yeah. It's funny cause I went in with Man of Steel as my bar and that was a terrible movie. I didn't hate BvS but I am wondering if that was because Man of Steel was so bad that any crap would have been okay. I didn't hate BvS, I really liked the Batman stuff and the fight scene was enjoyable but the film wasn't well-made and the overall direction and story(ies) of these movies just doesn't appeal to me.

I'm interested in the standalone Batman movie with Affleck cause I think that will be good. The Wonder Woman one is going to be terrible if it's that actress from BvS cause she is fucking awful and she can't carry a feature movie. The Aquaman 'teaser' looks like a practical joke - I have zero desire to see that. The Flash could be fun but I'm sure they'll suck all the life out of it....
                      I laughed out loud reading this.

Comment

she has great tits.

are we allowed to openly talk about the movie yet? with details? the story wasn't as broken, i think, as it is being proclaimed to have been.

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
                          she has great tits.

are we allowed to openly talk about the movie yet? with details? the story wasn't as broken, i think, as it is being proclaimed to have been.
                          I'm still yet to see it, but I can't imagine there's anything left that the Trailers didn't spoil already. I'm pretty sure I could tell you the plot. Lol

Comment

• so that is joey, does everyone else not care?

Comment

• ok, some spoilers. it seems either people have watched it or don't plan to until net flix releases it. all the cameos aren't cameos. they are lex's research files which bruce stole. lex orchestrated the first half of the movie and everything that happens is him manipulating bruce. batman IS a psychopath. the drinking and the hallucinations is all frank miller. that story wasn't a happy story. it was the parallel between batman and the joker. bruce is seriously fucked in the head. lex wanted to break supermans' aura of invincibility and played batman like a flute. he knew that either batman would kill superman and then doomsday would kill batman or vice versa, that was his plan. the flash dream was not a dream, flash came from the future or another universe to warn bruce about superman going rogue, which the entire justice league does on crisis on infinite earths. introducing the multiverse is huge for dc. it seemed like a dream sequence because it was tied to a dream sequence. bruce knows at the end that superman isn't dead because he knows that the flash, someone he had never met but then saw research tapes on warned him about things that haven't transpired yet so still need to. that is why he needs to unite all the superheroes. lex got access to the knowledge of 100,00 known galaxies, ignoring how impossible one person learning all that information is, he clearly references darkseid and they don't show us how darkseid is on the way but maybe deleted scene will delve into that. seems they are setting up crisis on infinite earths and war to me.

we are maggots to superman. imagine if you lived in a world of maggots, people you literally have to slow your time down to even listen to them and walk amongst them. we are snails. then somehow you find the one maggot you happen to love and have a single actual connection to the world of maggots, of course he is holding on to that with everything he has. there is never a moment in supermans' life where he isn't surrounded by people who move millions of times slower than him. actually delving into that aspect of his character is a great idea.
                              Last edited by Miekenstien; Tue Mar 29, 2016, 11:23 PM.

Comment

• it seemed like a dream sequence because it was tied to a dream sequence. bruce knows at the end that superman isn't dead because he knows that the flash, someone he had never met but then saw research tapes on warned him about things that haven't transpired yet so still need to.
                                Ok, see, I wasn't sure about that. That entire dream sequence part was so fucking boring, pointless and confusing I gave up trying to figure out what was happening. One of the people I went with thought it was the Flash but it wasn't entirely clear to any of us what was going on.

Comment

Working...
                                X