Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lamar Odom Crack Problem? Makes sense actually.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Miekenstien wrote: View Post
    poor man. if he makes it out of this without brain damage i hope he gets off the drugs.
    Unfortunately, I think they've already confirmed brain damage. He had a massive stroke while unconscious, due to lack of blood to the brain.

Comment

CNN...

Comment

rocwell wrote: View Post

CNN...
        Sooo that should really read "Lamar Odom's Medical Decisions up to Ryan Seacrest and E!" .. man that's messed up. And apparently it was an episode of that damn show and seeing something with her in the first place that sent him bat shit crazy.

Comment

love this!!

Comment

i find it sadder when someone like odom, who as a child saw what can happen. makes it out of poverty and then falls back into it. one crack head is a crack head but i agree with joey, especially if you have paid your union dues. there should be a safety net

Comment

rocwell wrote: View Post

CNN...
              So lucky we didn't sign him. Poor San Antonio fans.

Comment

I saw in a news feed this morning that he's suffered some brain damage, possibly a stroke and found with every drug imaginable in his system. He had been staying at a brothel for four days, racking up nearly a $100k bill.

Sounds like he has some serious demons he's dealing with. I hope he recovers and gets his life on the right track. You'd think he has all the resources needed to live a long, healthy and rewarding life.

Comment

Odom has virtually no chance of ever leading a normal life per multiple media reports.

Poor guy.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                    You'd think he has all the resources needed to live a long, healthy and rewarding life.
                    Unfortunately, he also has all the resources needed to live a drug riddled, horribly unrewarding life as well. And when you've got Demons like Odom does, and no real support structure of people who genuinely care for his well being, the chances of him using said resources to improve his life, really aren't that great.
                    Last edited by Joey; Fri Oct 16, 2015, 11:28 AM.

Comment

Joey wrote: View Post
                      Unfortunately, he also has all the resources needed to live a drug riddled, horribly unrewarding life as well. And when you've got Demons like Odom does, and no real support structure of people who genuinely care for his well being, the chances of him using said resources to improve his life, really aren't that great.
                      There are rehab facilities, counseling, church programs, etc. The help is out there. The support is out there.

Doctors should be allowed to release him from hospital without going through the options he has available to turn his life around. They're calling this non-suicidal drug overdose but it looks like the actions of someone with a death wish to me.
                      Last edited by Apollo; Fri Oct 16, 2015, 12:43 PM. Reason: .

Comment

This is why there is rehap, counseling, church programs, etc. The help is out there. The support is out there.
                        But unless someone wants to help themselves, they won't.

And Lamar Odom is obviously in a bit more of a unique situation that your typical Sunday Church Program or Local Community Counselors are completely prepared to deal with. The guy is sick, and has unlimited money to finance it, and no one around him to tell him he should do otherwise. Yes, he's a grown man, but he's a grown man who was never shown how to properly handle his completely unique situation in life, and was left to figure it out on his own.. which clearly didn't work out well.
                        Last edited by Joey; Fri Oct 16, 2015, 12:43 PM.

Comment

If he's a danger to himself then professionals have the power by law to detain him. People get committed to hospitals all the time.

To me this whole thing sounds similar to Michael Jackson. He surrounded himself by 'yes men' and they only helped facilitate his nose dive.

Comment

If he's a danger to himself then professionals have the power by law to detain him. People get committed to hospitals all the time.
                            I'd like to see a much more compassionate, and proactive, approach. I'm sure those suffering would as well. As just locking them up does nothing to address the real cause of their problem.

Apollo wrote:
                            To me this whole thing sounds similar to Michael Jackson. He surrounded himself by 'yes men' and they only helped facilitate his nose dive.
                            I don't think its so much "yes men" as it is people actively working to exploit his tragic situation for their own personal gain. But unfortunately, I don't doubt he ultimately sees the same fate as MJ.
                            Last edited by Joey; Fri Oct 16, 2015, 01:09 PM.

Comment

Joey wrote: View Post
                              I'd like to see a much more compassionate, and proactive, approach. I'm sure those suffering would as well. As just locking them up does nothing to address the real cause of their problem.

I don't think its so much "yes men" as it is people actively working to exploit his tragic situation for their own personal gain. But unfortunately, I don't doubt he ultimately sees the same fate as MJ.
                              When people are committed it is by compassion. It's all about protecting them from themselves and helping them while they prove they're again fit to return to daily life. It's all about compassion. What is uncompassionate is to let someone go off with the means and the mindset to do themselves harm.

The best thing anyone could do for him is to eliminate drugs from the situation and help him face his problems head on and eliminate them. No easy task I'm sure.

Sent from my Note 3 using Tapatalk

Comment

Apparently taking every drug imaginable puts you in a coma , good to know

Comment

Working...
                                X