No announcement yet.

2013/2014 bold predictions thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Terrence Ross is starting by season's end.
    Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
      I like this.

The only problem is the Raptors are left with 10 guys on the roster!
      I think the "heap of garbage contracts" he mentioned would fix that though lol.

If Masai can actually get 2 2014 picks and 6 total 1sts out of those guys I'm all for it. That would be an incredible return on 2 expirings, a middling prospect and an effective role player.

Comment

Rudy AND Demar get traded
        @sweatpantsjer

Comment

magoon wrote: View Post
          1. Rudy, Kyle, TRoss, and Amir are all traded before January 1. The Rudy trade is a complicated three-team trade. Masai's return on those three is as follows: six first-round draft picks (two in 2014, one in 2015, three in 2016), 2-3 young players who haven't yet panned out for other teams but still have upside, and a heap of garbage contracts - but nothing lasting past 2015.
          2. Following the trades, Jonas becomes the offensive focal point of the team and goes from being the 17-and-8 player he was to a 20-10 player. His defense improves dramatically over the season and he dominates at the rising stars game at the All-Star Break. (Also showing improvement: Dwight Buycks, Austin Daye, Landry Fields.)
          3. Jonas suffers a minor hand injury close to the trade deadline and the Raptors announce that team doctors have diagnosed it as being very very very serious and he sits out most of the rest of the year.
          4. At the trade deadline Masai moves Steve Novak, Austin Daye and DJ Augustin for second-round picks for playoff-bound teams desperate for more three-point shooting from the bench. He also moves Aaron Gray to a team that needs a solid backup centre, also for a second-rounder.
          5. The Raptors close out the season at 24-58, good for fourth-worst overall in the draft, and end up getting the second pick overall.
          read this and started fanning myself
          @sweatpantsjer

Comment

JV: 18ppg, 10reb.

Comment

magoon wrote: View Post
              1. Rudy, Kyle, TRoss, and Amir are all traded before January 1. The Rudy trade is a complicated three-team trade. Masai's return on those three is as follows: six first-round draft picks (two in 2014, one in 2015, three in 2016), 2-3 young players who haven't yet panned out for other teams but still have upside, and a heap of garbage contracts - but nothing lasting past 2015.
              2. Following the trades, Jonas becomes the offensive focal point of the team and goes from being the 17-and-8 player he was to a 20-10 player. His defense improves dramatically over the season and he dominates at the rising stars game at the All-Star Break. (Also showing improvement: Dwight Buycks, Austin Daye, Landry Fields.)
              3. Jonas suffers a minor hand injury close to the trade deadline and the Raptors announce that team doctors have diagnosed it as being very very very serious and he sits out most of the rest of the year.
              4. At the trade deadline Masai moves Steve Novak, Austin Daye and DJ Augustin for second-round picks for playoff-bound teams desperate for more three-point shooting from the bench. He also moves Aaron Gray to a team that needs a solid backup centre, also for a second-rounder.
              5. The Raptors close out the season at 24-58, good for fourth-worst overall in the draft, and end up getting the second pick overall.
              First .. if anything remotely close to this happened .. I would be the happiest Raps fan alive. But, just to critique a little
              1. Considering the rumoured Gay deal on the table didnt have any first rounders .. I your your six in total is a little high. Like 4-5 too high. And, none will be in 2014.
              2. Like it
              3. Like it more.
              4. None of those players are worth any 2nd rounders .. least of all Gray. Recall that we could barely move Barbosa for a 2nd rounder (who is a much more productive player than any of these guys. Novak may be worth a 2nd rounder.
              5. Sounds not far off.

So .. net net, Im with you, except, we likely have 2 first rounders and a 2nd, maybe still have a few stiffs like Daye and Gray along with shitty contracts.

My question to others .. would you co-sign my version? I think I still would (except Id keep Ross unless he got you a 2014 pick .. which he might in combo with one of these other deals).

Comment

mountio wrote: View Post
                First .. if anything remotely close to this happened .. I would be the happiest Raps fan alive. But, just to critique a little
                1. Considering the rumoured Gay deal on the table didnt have any first rounders .. I your your six in total is a little high. Like 4-5 too high. And, none will be in 2014.
                2. Like it
                3. Like it more.
                4. None of those players are worth any 2nd rounders .. least of all Gray. Recall that we could barely move Barbosa for a 2nd rounder (who is a much more productive player than any of these guys. Novak may be worth a 2nd rounder.
                5. Sounds not far off.

So .. net net, Im with you, except, we likely have 2 first rounders and a 2nd, maybe still have a few stiffs like Daye and Gray along with shitty contracts.

My question to others .. would you co-sign my version? I think I still would (except Id keep Ross unless he got you a 2014 pick .. which he might in combo with one of these other deals).
                It's a BOLD prediction thread my man. I think you're reading too much into it.

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
                  Rudy AND Demar get traded
                  I think Lowry gets moved with one of those guys, but I wouldn't be surprised to see all three being moved. My fear is that we are in a playoff position and Ujiri starts moving these guys for picks and expirings. I fear it only because I desire playoff basketball, but I think Ujiri will use this season to shop these guys so he can build his own team, especially if Rudy and Lowry come out playing like one suspects in a contract year.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                    I like this.

The only problem is the Raptors are left with 10 guys on the roster!
                    The only problem is we get the 2nd pick. Even in our wildest dreams we fail

Comment

Letter N wrote: View Post
                      The only problem is we get the 2nd pick. Even in our wildest dreams we fail
                      Wildest dreams might fail but there are still some pretty good wet dreams too.

When the college season is all said and done, the wildest dream might not even be #1.

Comment

Wiggins does not get drafted #1.

Julius Randle goes #1 shocking everyone except Marty McFly.

Comment

- Raptors get the 6 seed and eliminate the Knicks in the 1st round in 7
                          - Andrew Wiggins' birth certificate reveals that he's 25, causing his stock to plummet to mid-round
                          - Wiggins falls and the Raptors select him 18th, at which point he reveals that his birth certificate was fake, and his real one says that he's 18
                          - The Raptors hoodwink everyone in the NBA, and people rejoice in the streets of Toronto.

Comment

- The Raptors do not tank.. they try to make the playoffs but fail landing in the 9th seed in the East, and 10th worst overall.
                            - The lottery Gods are helpful and they move up in the lottery into 3rd and draft Exum.
                            - Lowry is not traded, but becomes a UFA.
                            - Gay opts out and resigns for 4 years / $50M
                            - DD suffers an injury and only plays 35 games. He is not traded.
                            - JV makes the highlight reels by blocking Lebron at the end of Toronto's first win against the 'big 3'.

Comment

- The entire team buys in to Casey's team defense and they become top 8 defense
                              - Lowry finally gets it and becomes a play-making PG, while gambling less on defense and rebounding
                              - Rudy regains his 3 pt shooting and raises his average to 38-40%
                              - Demar improves his 3 pt shooting to 34%, but still doesn't shoot that many
                              - With these above two improving their efficiency, coupled with effective 3s from Novak, Ross, Fields, Jonas gets overshadowed a little on offense in many games, but develops into the defensive anchor the team needs
                              - And to be really BOLD, they make the 6th seed and advance to the second round,,,,,,,,,, OR, Masai finds a way to swing a trade(s) and get Wiggins

Comment

p00ka wrote: View Post
                                - The entire team buys in to Casey's team defense and they become top 8 defense
                                - Lowry finally gets it and becomes a play-making PG, while gambling less on defense and rebounding
                                - Rudy regains his 3 pt shooting and raises his average to 38-40%
                                - Demar improves his 3 pt shooting to 34%, but still doesn't shoot that many
                                - With these above two improving their efficiency, coupled with effective 3s from Novak, Ross, Fields, Jonas gets overshadowed a little on offense in many games, but develops into the defensive anchor the team needs
                                - And to be really BOLD, they make the 6th seed and advance to the second round,,,,,,,,,, OR, Masai finds a way to swing a trade(s) and get Wiggins
                                If this happens, I'm fairly confident that a COY or EOY award would follow

Comment

Working...
                                X