Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

rocwell wrote: View Post
    Fuck. Fuck.

Canada just been buried by the refs in the 4th quarter. At least Nicholson had great game tonight.
    Sorry I can't agree. Puerto Rico outplayed Canada in the 4th, especially on defense. The breakaway fouls were fouls in the FIBA game and when Arroyo kicks out on 3 point shots drawing contact, international refs typically call the foul unlike the NBA. Berea, Arroyo, and Balkman were the difference, not the refs.

Solid games from Thompson and Nicholson.

Comment

Not having watched the game, but looking at the boxscore, Canada wasn't taking and making its 3 point shots. We need Heslip and Joseph to have decent shooting games, so were not reliant on Thompson and Nicholson to carry us. I hope we can finish 4th in the tournament.
      -"You can’t run from me. I mean, my heart don’t bleed Kool-Aid."
      -"“I ain’t no diva! I don’t have no blond hair, red hair. I’m Reggie Evans.”

Comment

anyone know where i can download the Fiba games. I missed the first two vs Jamaica and Brazil

Comment

They played Puerto Rico also.

Comment

stretch wrote: View Post
            They played Puerto Rico also.
            So does anyone have any links to these games?

Comment

OldSchool wrote: View Post
              So does anyone have any links to these games?
              You can thank LBF for finding this
              http://www.livebasketball.tv/

Comment

Canada is looking strong in the Fiba Americas. I think we're the 3rd best team and could win it all the way we've been playing lately. Seems like Corey Joseph has found his groove and is playing awesome. We just demolished Brazil, Uruguay, and Jamaica, and barely lost to Puerto Rico on a late collapse. I like our chances in the 2nd round.

Comment

Primer wrote: View Post
                  Canada is looking strong in the Fiba Americas. I think we're the 3rd best team and could win it all the way we've been playing lately. Seems like Corey Joseph has found his groove and is playing awesome. We just demolished Brazil, Uruguay, and Jamaica, and barely lost to Puerto Rico on a late collapse. I like our chances in the 2nd round.
                  All remaining teams play 4 days in a row starting tomorrow. Canada, being among the youngest teams in Caracas, are in a good position to qualify for Spain next year.

Levon Kendall, and Tristan Thompson have been dominating on the boards. Andrew Nicholson has been scoring inside and out.
                  Last edited by stretch; Wed Sep 4, 2013, 08:41 AM.

Comment

So if we Qualify for the official summer Olympics next year can Bennett and Wiggins be a part of that team or no? I'm not too familiar with how Fiba works since i don't usually get a chance to watch it much.

Comment

Summer Olympics are 2016, next summer is FIBA worlds. But yes, you can declare your roster for each tournament. Most of the strong teams like Argentina and Brazil are okay with their stars skipping a tournament like the Americas, because they can include them in the big tournament the following summer (and because their ranking gives them an excellent shot at a wildcard berth even if they miss qualifying).

So for Canada, if the make the worlds, they'll have another selection camp next summer.

Comment

octothorp wrote: View Post
                        Summer Olympics are 2016, next summer is FIBA worlds. But yes, you can declare your roster for each tournament. Most of the strong teams like Argentina and Brazil are okay with their stars skipping a tournament like the Americas, because they can include them in the big tournament the following summer (and because their ranking gives them an excellent shot at a wildcard berth even if they miss qualifying).

So for Canada, if the make the worlds, they'll have another selection camp next summer.
                        Dope. Wiggs and Bennett better be there, this team is gonna be beast!

Comment

Canada just crushed Mexico today, all but guaranteeing a top 4 finish as Mexico was our main competition for the 3rd-4th spot.

Final Score 89-67.

Corey Joseph had another amazing game and is really emerging in this tournament (17pts, 8reb, 6ast). Thompson and Nicholson were also solid, and we got great contributions from non-NBA'ers Rautins (19pts, 4-6 3pt) and Heslip (21pts, 5-8 3pt). Our guard play worried me in the warmup games but the guards have looked great in the actual tournament.

Next up is Venezuela tomorrow, another team which could potentially place top 4, so if we crush them as well then I give us a great shot of winning the whole thing.

Comment

Thanks for these updates Primer!!

Comment

Am I reading the standings correctly..?
                              If Canada wins against Venezuala tonight, and Puerto Rico loses to Dominican Republic; then Canada is in First Place?? Or tied for First anyway?

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
                                Am I reading the standings correctly..?
                                If Canada wins against Venezuala tonight, and Puerto Rico loses to Dominican Republic; then Canada is in First Place?? Or tied for First anyway?
                                Yes. And point differential breaks ties. (Canada's currently +53, PR is +60, so unless both games were extremely close, Canada would be in first.)

Comment

Working...
                                X