No announcement yet.

FIBA Americas Tournament

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yep, and Argentina just lost to Jamaica earlier today (lost both their 2nd round games so far), so Puerto Rico looks like the only tough team and we probably won't have to play them until the gold medal game assuming we end up ranked 1 and 2.

Comment

Wow this is a close game ... Canada was down by 9 at the half, and had trimmed it to 1, before VEN scored again. At least its a game again!

Comment

This is one ugly-ass game. Seems like Canada goes as Cory Joseph does, this tournament. The only other game we lost was his 2-10 stinker against Puerto Rico.

Comment

Also, this announcer is really fucking annoying. You're in Venezuela, and you can't learn to pronounce the name of the country?

Comment

Going to be a tough fourth quarter, starting down nine to Venezuela. Gotta find more offense somewhere. Thompson an absolute beast on the boards though. Need to got Rautins or Heslip hot, that might be the only chance to get back in.

Comment

Canada is getting destroyed by a team they should beat.....just no heart. Gotta dig deep and an up

Comment

ugh. not impressed.

Comment

Craig wrote: View Post
                  Canada is getting destroyed by a team they should beat.....just no heart. Gotta dig deep and an up
                  You watching the same game I am? I see plenty of heart, but unfriendly rims and too many turnovers.

edit: And fucking awful refs. Really makes you appreciate NBA refs.

Comment

I dunno...for me there are two types of effort. Just trying hard isn't enough, at all. Trying hard is just physical, playing hard is mental as well. You gotta man up, step up, and execute. Historically, canadian teams in many sports seem to lack that sort of winning focus. Its baffling to me.

Comment

Is Heslip that Kid that drained a trillion 3's in the NCAA's?

Comment

13-0 run is warming me up

Comment

Yup, fourth year Baylor player. I've said it before, I'm not sure he makes the NBA but he could be a great international player.

Comment

Canada's last 3 mins, very triano-esque

Comment

Tough loss, but a win over Argentina or Dominican is probably still enough to qualify. They lost their margin for error, though.

Comment

Very tough loss to the host country, you could tell the crowd was getting into Canada's head. Still glad to see we battled back and won the 2nd half. The first half felt like we couldn't buy a bucket and Venezuela couldn't miss a 3 pointer. Really didn't help that Nicholson got 5 fouls in only 9:39. We need his scoring, especially when Rautins and Heslip aren't on fire. Joseph had an off game too, going 6-16 FG and 0-5 from downtown. At least Thompson was a monster on the boards with 20 rebounds. Our next game against DR should be easier, and the fact Argentina lost to Jamaica means they're very beatable as well.

All in all pretty happy so far. You could tell if this team included Bennett and Olynyk it would easily be the top team, not even mentioning Wiggins who could conceivably play for Canada next summer too. Just gotta qualify and then bring the A-Team to the World Championships. So much easier to get excited about Canada Basketball now.

Comment

Working...
                                X