No announcement yet.

FIBA Americas Tournament

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When the tournament started, didn't they say total points scored would be used as tiebreakers, that's why teams had to keep playing until the last second regardless of score. I'm not sure it works like we're used to.

Comment

• Last night Canada was down by 5 with about 40 seconds to go and they were not fouling to get possession. I'm under the impression that the point differential was the reasoning behind the strategy.

Comment

• Now you can see why I thought Nash oughtta play this tournament. Because if you don't win, you're effin out.

And now, they are pretty much effin out.

Nash sucks

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
          Saw the game today. And i tell ya, CLASSIC Jay Triano team. Reminds me a lot of the Jay Triano Raptors team. No defence, run and gun offence. It was pathetic to watch. They were playing too fast for their own good i thought. Cory Joseph the PG was out of control most of the time. And Andrew Nicholson, their best player was on fire today, he was unstoppable in the post. But for some reason they just started chucking 3's late in the game.
          Better than Rautins
          If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

• Damn, Uruguay almost pulled it off, but D.R.'s talent won out. Now Canada's gotta take care of business against Argentina and then pray for luck.

Comment

• tkfu wrote: View Post
              The only way for Canada to advance is if Puerto Rico beats Mexico (likely), and Jamaica beats Venezuela (unlikely, but not impossible). Just for fun, I'm going to assign win probabilities to each game (just my own guesses, based on what I've seen of the tournament so far) to see how likely each scenario is.
              I think your probabilities are pretty close. However, I think Canada advances if they win and Puerto Rico wins, regardless of what happens with the Jamaica game. Jamaica wins, and Canada wins the tie-breaker with Mexico and finishes 3rd. Venezuela wins, and Canada wins the 3-way tie-breaker with Mexico and Venezuela and finishes 3rd. That's assuming my understanding of the tiebreaker scenario is right, which it may not be.

Comment

• Canada is out, so disappointing.

Comment

• Well lets hope Canada Basketball has the $500,000 required for that Wildcard spot ...

And enough goodwill to have FIBA select us.

Comment

• Dino4life wrote: View Post
                    Canada is out, so disappointing.
                    If Wiggins, Olynyk, and Bennett commit, we've probably got a good shot at a wild card bid.

Comment

• LBF wrote: View Post
                      Better than Rautins
                      That's not really saying a lot though.
                      Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Rautins and Dornekemp were atrocious. Andrew Nicholson is a scoring machine, his touch around the rim is just wow. This team has mad potential if you throw Olynck, Wiggins, and Bennett into the mix. Probably a top 5 if not top 3 team talent wise in the world. Sad to see them lose but i'm excited for the future

Comment

• tkfu wrote: View Post
                          If Wiggins, Olynyk, and Bennett commit, we've probably got a good shot at a wild card bid.
                          You're right, but in terms of result, i don't think we're gonna perform any better without a real PG and a real coach. Honestly, I've seen better run offenses at the park. Corey Joseph is a skilled player, but for a PG on the San Antonio spurs, that was disappointing. As for coach, it was our good ol, give the ball to Player X and pray plays.

Comment

• Dino4life wrote: View Post
                            You're right, but in terms of result, i don't think we're gonna perform any better without a real PG and a real coach. Honestly, I've seen better run offenses at the park. Corey Joseph is a skilled player, but for a PG on the San Antonio spurs, that was disappointing. As for coach, it was our good ol, give the ball to Player X and pray plays.
                            I don't think its Joseph's fault at all. Triano doesn't look like he knows what he's doing, maybe he hasn't had enough time i'm not sure. I think talent over comes everything, imagine the impact an athletic freak like Wiggins would have.

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                              That's not really saying a lot though.
                              No,b ut it's saying something.
                              If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

• NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                                I don't think its Joseph's fault at all. Triano doesn't look like he knows what he's doing, maybe he hasn't had enough time i'm not sure. I think talent over comes everything, imagine the impact an athletic freak like Wiggins would have.
                                Joseph is too young for it to be his fault, he will learn in time. San Antonio wouldn't waste time with him, if he didn't have the right attitude. I just hoped he led this team more like a spur rather than like Monta Ellis. Triano has been around way too long to have any excuse. With so many players in the NBA, and others who had short stints in the NBA, time shouldn't have been a problem, he had the same amount of time as the other coaches.

Comment

Working...
                                X