Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What would you like to see each Raptor improve on for next season?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

JV's pump fake is effective, and he also mixes it up with a baby hook,and lets not forget his range.

If he can finesse the back to the basket moves he will be well on his way to becoming a dominant offensive center.
    NBADoppelgangers.tumblr.com

Comment

e2thed wrote: View Post
      JV's pump fake is effective, and he also mixes it up with a baby hook,and lets not forget his range.

If he can finesse the back to the basket moves he will be well on his way to becoming a dominant offensive center.
      I was about to reply and say how stupid the bold is, but then I did research:

JV
      10-16 feet: 17-39 43.6%
      16-3pt line: 15-28 39.5%

DeMar
      10-16 feet: 90-230 39.1%
      16-3pt line: 186-449 41.4%

Think about this for a second. JV's an on-par if not better mid-range shooter than DeMar already.

Oh boy...
      Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
        Casey: Take the first 20-25 games to decide on a 9-man rotation and stick with it, dammit! (bearing any injuries).
        Hopefully not 4-19 by that point.....

Comment

Ross: 3 point shooting
          Gay: Efficiency
          DD: 3 point shooting
          Lowry: Attitude
          Fields: 3 point shooting
          Gray: Neckbeard
          Val: Post defense
          Amir: Fouling
          Casey: Stop being a fucktard
          @sweatpantsjer

Comment

isaacthompson wrote: View Post
            I was about to reply and say how stupid the bold is, but then I did research:

JV
            10-16 feet: 17-39 43.6%
            16-3pt line: 15-28 39.5%

DeMar
            10-16 feet: 90-230 39.1%
            16-3pt line: 186-449 41.4%

Think about this for a second. JV's an on-par if not better mid-range shooter than DeMar already.

Oh boy...
            I don't normally come to DeMar's defense, but in his defense, I would guess that Jonas' numbers may have benefited from a small sample size.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
              I don't normally come to DeMar's defense, but in his defense, I would guess that Jonas' numbers may have benefited from a small sample size.
              Val also tends to be very, very wide open when he takes those shots.

That said, we know he's an excellent free throw shooter, so I don't see any reason that the jumper shouldn't follow. Maybe he could also become the stretch big we need?
              "Stop eating your sushi."
              "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
              "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
              - Jack Armstrong

Comment

Lowry: Maturity, aggressiveness, leadership
                Demar: post play, aggressiveness, handles, less ISO, less distance shooting
                Rudy: shot selection, post play, leadership, less ISO
                Amir: less fouls
                JV: post play, passing, help D
                Fields: shooting
                Ross: shooting, aggressiveness

I like how we have 3 pretty good post players in our starting lineup. I think we should utilize this asset as much as possible. Watching the video from the TMac in Toronto thread, and all I could think was that Rudy and Demar should attempt to play more like that. More post ups and movement in the paint.

Comment

JawsGT wrote: View Post
                  Lowry: Maturity, aggressiveness, leadership
                  Demar: post play, aggressiveness, handles, less ISO, less distance shooting
                  Rudy: shot selection, post play, leadership, less ISO
                  Amir: less fouls
                  JV: post play, passing, help D
                  Fields: shooting
                  Ross: shooting, aggressiveness

I like how we have 3 pretty good post players in our starting lineup. I think we should utilize this asset as much as possible. Watching the video from the TMac in Toronto thread, and all I could think was that Rudy and Demar should attempt to play more like that. More post ups and movement in the paint.
                  A good list, except I don't share the common concern about Amir's fouls. Over the years, as his role and minutes have increased, his fouls per 36 Min. has steadily decreased, especially since he's been getting starts. Over the last couple of years, I even think many of his fouls have come from covering up from teammates mistakes, which I can well imagine may drop this coming year with Casey able to implement his team defense with better players than he had 2 years ago.

Comment

p00ka wrote: View Post
                    A good list, except I don't share the common concern about Amir's fouls. Over the years, as his role and minutes have increased, his fouls per 36 Min. has steadily decreased, especially since he's been getting starts. Over the last couple of years, I even think many of his fouls have come from covering up from teammates mistakes, which I can well imagine may drop this coming year with Casey able to implement his team defense with better players than he had 2 years ago.
                    I agree, but I felt I had to put something in for Amir lol. I think he plays his role perfectly, and I don't doubt that alot of his fouls are a result of someone else's poor defence.

Comment

Lowry: find the balance between running the offense and attacking the basket
                      JV: pick up Psycho-T and body slam him in the middle of practice. A suplex will also do. Follow that up with a flying elbow to the chest. Let's call it a season!
                      "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

Craig wrote: View Post
                        Kyle Lowry: Maturity and leadership. He has every tool in the book, maturity will fix ego, leadership will help fix Raptors.

Rudy Gay: Eyesight. KISS rule for shot selection. He is great, he can shake guys down for shots, but sometimes a very simple up fake one dribble, set feet and shoot easy peasey jumper works better, sometimes a simple curl off a screen will do. Other than that, I like this dude.

DeMar DeRozan: See Rudy Gay. Add 2000 three's a day in the gym. Demar with range is VERY terrifying.

Amir Johnson: Physical strength. He's a horse, he needs a better base and core. Aggression offensively. He is there now, but if he turned it up...wow.

Jonas Valanciunas: Stay the course...he's following his training to a "T" so far, so keep at it. His post moves going left on the low block with a seal are emerging, keep pounding those, Hakeem and McHale for visual breakfast, lunch, and summer. Also, stay away from the nasty chicks yo...no outside stresses.

Terrence Ross: Maturity, leadership, confidence and see Rudy Gay and Demar Re: K.I.S.S. rule times 100

I don't mention defence, as they can all play defence. Positivity and cohesion on offence, maturity and focus make playing defence very easy. Defence is mental. Once a guy, becomes, when melded with 4 others as a team, a moving part...it all gets so easy. And that doesnt happen until overall Basketball IQ rises as a team.

2000 3 pts a day... like do we even believe athletes are human any more? Go take 30 3's in a row and tell me youre not tired and that it changes your shot...

Comment

Burnit482 wrote: View Post
                          2000 3 pts a day... like do we even believe athletes are human any more? Go take 30 3's in a row and tell me youre not tired and that it changes your shot...
                          Lol this x1000

Comment

Burnit482 wrote: View Post
                            lol, I don't think anyone suggested 2000 in a row.

Comment

I would like to see the following improvements

Kyle Lowry - Lose the baby fat

DeMar DeRozan - Lose the acne

Rudy Gay - Improve your vision because something hassss to be wrong with your eyes because you shoot like a ....oh wait

Amir Johnson - Improve your haircuts

Jonas Valanciunas - Vinglish, Vinglish Vinglish

Tyler Hansbrough - Find a legal way to bodyslam...there has to be a way..go find it.

Terrence Ross - Lose the swag til ya earn it son..it's blinding

Landry Fields - Get on the phones and find a GM willing to trade for you, then report back to Masai, leave the misses here on the way out.

Aaron Gray - Wouldn't mind seeing you shave, I dunno just curious.

Quincy Acy - See Aaron Gray.

Dwight Buycks - Let's see a picture of a pedal bike next to your name on your jersey just for announcers.

D.J Augustin - Let's see a picture of a nurse in scrubs on the back of your jersey..because well....

Steve Novak - Work on your tan

Austin Daye - Work on your Delts, Triceps, Traps, Lats, etc. etc. etc. we don't wanna lose you to a crack in the ACC floor.

Dwane Casey - Rotations, Rotations, Rotations....for real son.

Comment

Sheptor wrote: View Post
                                I would like to see the following improvements

Kyle Lowry - Lose the baby fat

DeMar DeRozan - Lose the acne

Rudy Gay - Improve your vision because something hassss to be wrong with your eyes because you shoot like a ....oh wait

Amir Johnson - Improve your haircuts

Jonas Valanciunas - Vinglish, Vinglish Vinglish

Tyler Hansbrough - Find a legal way to bodyslam...there has to be a way..go find it.

Terrence Ross - Lose the swag til ya earn it son..it's blinding

Landry Fields - Get on the phones and find a GM willing to trade for you, then report back to Masai, leave the misses here on the way out.

Aaron Gray - Wouldn't mind seeing you shave, I dunno just curious.

Quincy Acy - See Aaron Gray.

Dwight Buycks - Let's see a picture of a pedal bike next to your name on your jersey just for announcers.

D.J Augustin - Let's see a picture of a nurse in scrubs on the back of your jersey..because well....

Steve Novak - Work on your tan

Austin Daye - Work on your Delts, Triceps, Traps, Lats, etc. etc. etc. we don't wanna lose you to a crack in the ACC floor.

Dwane Casey - Rotations, Rotations, Rotations....for real son.
                                a few improvements got me giggling, Sheptor your the best
                                What they got to say now? Nothing they can say now. Mobbin' on the low. Winnin' on the low
                                The city embraced me, made me feel at home. The only difference [between Compton and Toronto] for me is the cold. -DeMar
                                No Where Near the South Side #WeTheNorth

Comment

Working...
                                X