Syrian war

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Apollo wrote: View Post
    Cooler heads sound to be prevailing in the U.K.

They're going to do it the legal, and rational way: through parliamentary debate, through democracy. Then and only then will they determine what actions to take. This is how Canada must handle this as well.
    This is how every country should handle... Sadly not every country can.

Comment

The U.S. can't? Their constitution and bill of rights suggests they have to. The President simply chooses to ignore it and no elected official chooses to block him.

rocwell wrote: View Post
      Amazing! UK parliament voted against military action! They'll act accordingly.

If Syria gov. is guilty, I hope they'll receive some kind serious response but not military related. There are ways how to harm Syria's gov. without military action.
      I agree. If it is the Syrian government, America's love bombs delivered by drones is going to kill a lot of innocent people. I'm not sure how they should handle this whole nightmare but I hope it's not through killing a bunch of people. Killing a bunch of innocent people does not sound like the right way to handle a event where a bunch of innocent people were killed...

Comment

The U.S. can't? Their constitution and bill of rights suggests they have to. The President simply chooses to ignore it and no elected official chooses to block him.

I agree. If it is the Syrian government, America's love bombs delivered by drones is going to kill a lot of innocent people. I'm not sure how they should handle this whole nightmare but I hope it's not through killing a bunch of people. Killing a bunch of innocent people does not sound like the right way to handle a event where a bunch of innocent people were killed...
        I feel like U.S. already decided to launch an attack on Syria. France also backs them up. (no surprise) Russia confirmed that U.S. doesn't show the intelligence they gathered. ( WTF? ) More and more it looks like U.S. 's real target is Iran, not Syria.

Every country should find the way how to work this out .Put the political and diplomatic pressure on Assad and HELP SYRIAN PEOPLE. That's what they need, they need help, no more innocent victims..
        Last edited by rocwell; Fri Aug 30, 2013, 07:10 AM.

Comment

Assad's son facebook post. Confident dude.

Comment

rocwell wrote: View Post
            I feel like U.S. already decided to launch an attack on Syria. France also backs them up. (no surprise) Russia confirmed that U.S. doesn't show the intelligence they gathered. ( WTF? ) More and more it looks like U.S. 's real target is Iran, not Syria.

Every country should find the way how to work this out .Put the political and diplomatic pressure on Assad and HELP SYRIAN PEOPLE. That's what they need, they need help, no more innocent victims..
            Their congress is against it. The people are against it. He's not even legally allowed to launch it. I don't think it happens now.

Comment

John Kerry is telling that at least 426 childrens were killed during this chemical attack.... omg.

"Syrian regime was preparing for chemical weapons' use three days before attack."
              Last edited by rocwell; Fri Aug 30, 2013, 01:09 PM.

Comment

Stop, investigate, think, discuss, then act accordingly:

Where's his proof? Hearsay statements are not evidence. People still remember the farce that happened in Iraq and all the needless death due to the WMD "proof". They need to show this evidence because otherwise people are not going to believe this. This is not 2003, the U.S. government has lost a lot of credibility since then.

Google what Ron and Rand Paul are saying about all this. If they go in there to bomb, there are Russian troops on the ground already, and if they bomb the wrong place and kill Russian troops that will trigger a massive war, probably WWIII; Russia would have no choice but to retaliate.

Like Ron Paul says, the right thing is to investigate, find out what really happened and put that out there for all to see; to show the evidence and only then determine what is right to do. America isn't at threat, neither is the U.K, France, Canada, etc.

Kerry is out there daily trying to incite rage to sway public opinion or that's what it appears as because he's not bringing anything real to the table. Nothing that he can or is willing to backup with evidence anyway. Based on everything I've read it seems like it's the rebels, not the Syrian government. Maybe the U.N. should be focused on ending the civil war in Syria and maybe America should be supporting such an effort. Then they can bring who's to blame to justice through the international courts.

If vigilante justice is not ok for the people, why is it ok for those they elect to represent them?

Comment

Where's his proof? Hearsay statements are not evidence. People still remember the farce that happened in Iraq and all the needless death due to the WMD "proof". They need to show this evidence because otherwise people are not going to believe this. This is not 2003, the U.S. government has lost a lot of credibility since then.
                  White House announced attack assessment - http://m.whitehouse.gov/the-press-of...pons-august-21

I don't believe that we will never see any clear, honest evidences from U.S. side.

Comment

LOL!

Found interesting article about U.S. and Syria from Jan 2013. LOL.

http://news.yahoo.com/us-backed-plan...045648224.html

Comment

Really? I cant believe it, somethings wrong here, US gov cannot be so stupid, to leave this in the internet while...
                      Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

"US President Barack Obama says he is to seek Congressional authorisation for military operations against Syria"

Comment

Putin came out today and called Kerry a liar ahead of G20.

Comment

Britain has confirmed evidence that Sarin Gas was used.

They've also said it is HIGHLY unlikely the rebels had access to such sophisticated weapons.

Bashar did it. Its pretty obvious. The guy would do anything to ensure his power was maintained.

Comment

But he was winning and it would have to been the dumbest guy on earth to think he could get away with it. I don't think it's obvious at all that he did it based on what we've been allowed to know and in fact I just read that the Russians have put together a 1000 page report indicating that it's the rebels.

And I'm of the belief you don't start a war based on speculation. So they say they think the rebels don't have access to such weapons but is that really enough to bomb the crap out of the place and kill a lot of innocent people in the process? Where is the cold hard evidence that it was their government? While we're speculating, to me, it makes no sense for it to be them. What do they gain? They saw what happened to Sadaam after evidence of WMDs; which turned out to be bogus evidence.

To me this stinks of Iraq 2003 all over again. At least then Canada stayed out of it.

Comment

so I found this randomly... it totally belongs here...

https://mapsengine.google.com/map/vi...4.kwd5NMDbqwEc

Comment

Working...
                                X