No announcement yet.

Congrats Mo Pete

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can barely stand reading half the comments to any of the threads anymore.

So many pessimistic dick-heads trying to kill anyones good vibe.
    You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

p00ka wrote: View Post
      If you'd left it at "seriously, my bad", some degree of sincerity may have been taken "seriously". The subsequent paragraph is a bloody expansion upon your original grumpy comment. So which is it? You "didn't mean to take the air out of the Mo Pete love in", or you mean to take more air out? Confusing.

As far as "we have been forced to fall in love with sub par talent in this town", who is forcing you? You do understand that being a fan of a team is a choice, right? You sound like some spoiled, self-entitled brat who mistakenly believes he has earned more than players giving their all,,,,,, unless you're actually being forced that is.
      hahahaha pooka F T W!!!

Comment

TheGloveinRapsUniform wrote: View Post
        Whats wrong with suggesting such things?

Hanging a jersey in the rafters does not connote huge stats, championships, etc. Teams can retire player jerseys/numbers based on other factors not just stats or achievements.

Just slapping Vince deserves a spot in the rafters, IMO.
        Hahahaha, that was a great moment for sure.

But a jersey retired? Not sure about that. But what if a wing of the ACC was filled with glass cases containing game-worn shoes of the most endearing members of the franchise? Seems like a good way to acknowledge their contributions, without going whole-hog and retiring the jerseys of lesser players.

Plus, there's the possible added bonus of NOT having Vince's shoes there.

Or T-Mac's, for that matter.

The stipulation could be, "the player must have played at least half their career in a Raptors' jersey."
        "Stop eating your sushi."
        "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
        "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
        - Jack Armstrong

Comment

One of the players who actually did worse when he left Toronto..cheers to mo pete
          If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

p00ka wrote: View Post
            If you'd left it at "seriously, my bad", some degree of sincerity may have been taken "seriously". The subsequent paragraph is a bloody expansion upon your original grumpy comment. So which is it? You "didn't mean to take the air out of the Mo Pete love in", or you mean to take more air out? Confusing.

As far as "we have been forced to fall in love with sub par talent in this town", who is forcing you? You do understand that being a fan of a team is a choice, right? You sound like some spoiled, self-entitled brat who mistakenly believes he has earned more than players giving their all,,,,,, unless you're actually being forced that is.
            Oh my....Doc.... what are my options here Sir?

Comment

JimiCliff wrote: View Post

But a jersey retired? Not sure about that. But what if a wing of the ACC was filled with glass cases containing game-worn shoes of the most endearing members of the franchise? Seems like a good way to acknowledge their contributions, without going whole-hog and retiring the jerseys of lesser players.

The stipulation could be, "the player must have played at least half their career in a Raptors' jersey."
              I'm all for that idea, though maybe not necessarily shoes. I'd suppose it'd have to also be implemented for hockey players too. But do I think that it is a great idea. Plus we'd finally get to appreciate players of the likes of Joey Graham, Sonny Weems and Solomon Alabi. I always loved to watch those guys play.

Comment

JimiCliff wrote: View Post

I actually like that display case idea, but I hope you're joking re: Vince's shoes. The FIRST thing I would put in there would be his dunk contest And 1's.

Last edited by S.R.; Wed Sep 11, 2013, 10:00 AM.
                "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

I don't know if displaying shoes is that great an idea, but I like the idea of having some sort of area to honour former players. I mean, it doesn't have to be a hall of "fame", but something similar where maybe a picture and jersey of a guy is up there with a brief writeup explaining/thanking them for their time in TO. Guys like Alvin, Mo Pete, Anthony Parker, Jose (after he retires of course)...some guys who were true pros, played well for us, were big parts of the team, and who will always be thought of fondly for their time in Toronto. It doesn't require retiring jerseys or even any kind of formal ceremonies. You can bet if Amir is here another year or two he'd be a lock for that kind of thing too.

*Edit: It may be hard to disclude guys like Vince and Bosh because of their status as all-stars while here...but I'd rather put them in this kind of thing then have to debate about whether to retire their jerseys. I don't look back on Bosh's time here fondly (building around him was a mistake from day one), and I think if Vince even just left on better terms, it would be a no-brainer to retire his jersey, but the way things ended will take a long time before the fanbase could accept it....like 10-15 years after he retires at least.
                  Last edited by white men can't jump; Wed Sep 11, 2013, 10:06 AM.

Comment

Craig wrote: View Post

You're just misunderstood man. People will eventually get you one day.

Comment

I think I made the right decision. haha.

Comment

S.R. wrote: View Post
                        I actually like that display case idea, but I hope you're joking re: Vince's shoes. The FIRST thing I would put in there would be his dunk contest And 1's.
                        There is an office at MLSE, their board room area. They have shelving on the walls at about eye level. Wrapping around the room are really awesome framed photo's, shoes, sticks, and memo's written by past Toronto Raptor and Leaf players saying thank you for their time in Toronto. Its really quite amazing to look at. I wonder if Peddie is no longer part of this thing, if they might consider moving this stuff down to the arena like you mentioned here. It might be pretty cool....although some of it seemed like stuff they might just like to keep in the war room.

Really cool though, I was pretty interested to see the side of the game we NEVER get to see, where the players aren't as selfish and ungrateful as people think...including guys like Carter and Davis, who give very honest gratitude in saying think you for having me on the team.... it was nice to see.

Comment

Well, I don't know what your other problems are, but in response to your issues in this thread, an Optirectomy would be a good start.

Comment

Pooka. You and I, were just internet names on a messageboard ok. I'm not interested in having these types of petty exchanges so can we just put that behind and move forward? Thanks bud.

Comment

Pooka. You and I, were just internet names on a messageboard ok. I'm not interested in having these types of petty exchanges so can we just put that behind and move forward? Thanks bud.
                              You asked a smartass question, and I responded in kind. Now you want to whine about "petty exchange"? hahaha, okay bud

Comment

About what I expected.

Comment

Working...
                                X