Congrats Mo Pete

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Congrats Mo Pete

So Mo Pete seems to be heading to the Michigan State U hall of fame. Good for him. He was pretty big for them in his time there and had a prosperous NBA career after. Solid player. Great guy. Congrats Mo Pete!

via hoopshype

Mike Ganter: On of the all-time good guys in pro sports Morris Peterson is being inducted into the Michigan State University Athletics Hall of Fame. Twitter @Mike_Ganter

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
    So Mo Pete seems to be heading to the Michigan State U hall of fame. Good for him. He was pretty big for them in his time there and had a prosperous NBA career after. Solid player. Great guy. Congrats Mo Pete!

via hoopshype
    +1

My favourite player all time. He deserves it!

#bringbackmopete #justkidding

Comment

Fav Raptor for sure.
      Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Meh, average player.

Comment

Craig wrote: View Post
          Meh, average player.
          You don't have to be great to be loved.
          Welp, that sucked.

Comment

Classic.

Comment

c_bcm wrote: View Post
              You don't have to be great to be loved.
              I can live with that, fair comment. Didn't mean to take the air out of the Mo Pete love in, seriously, my bad.

I guess my initial reaction was more just a gut feel I have about how much we have been forced to fall in love with sub par talent in this town. Mo Pete was a cool guy, worked hard, cared, all that great stuff. He just wasn't that good.

Comment

I can live with that, fair comment. Didn't mean to take the air out of the Mo Pete love in, seriously, my bad.

I guess my initial reaction was more just a gut feel I have about how much we have been forced to fall in love with sub par talent in this town. Mo Pete was a cool guy, worked hard, cared, all that great stuff. He just wasn't that good.
                How many players in Raps history can we really say all that about? Plus he was a great value pick at 21st overall in a weak draft. Most of good players were high draft picks who should have been really good. Mo Pete was the workman who produced and gave it all for the team. The franchise would be better off with more like him.
                Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

It's not like he's being inducted into anything that huge. He's just getting into MSU's own athletics hall of fame. It's just nice recognition for his time there, especially since he was critical to their championship run, and he's a Michigan native. It's unlikely he'd ever get honoured in any bigger way.

Comment

Do you guys think his jersey should be up in the ACC rafters?

And where is he now? Last time i checked OKC signed him. Is he still playing or about to retire??
                    Last edited by TheGloveinRapsUniform; Tue Sep 10, 2013, 10:13 AM.

Comment

TheGloveinRapsUniform wrote: View Post
                      Do you guys think his jersey should be up in the ACC rafters?

And where is he now? Last time i checked OKC signed him. Is he still playing or about to retire??
                      Nah man, he's done lol
                      You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

Mr.Z wrote: View Post
                        Nah man, he's done lol
                        That sucks. Maybe he has one last good season left in him, the Raptors should get him like what they did with Magloire so he can retire as a Raptor.

Comment

Please, no one suggest any Raptor has a jersey retired ever again.

Or at least until a HoF-worthy player accomplishes something significant while with the franchise. (Note: Making the second round does not count.)
                          "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

S.R. wrote: View Post
                            Please, no one suggest any Raptor has a jersey retired ever again.

Or at least until a HoF-worthy player accomplishes something significant while with the franchise. (Note: Making the second round does not count.)
                            Whats wrong with suggesting such things?

Hanging a jersey in the rafters does not connote huge stats, championships, etc. Teams can retire player jerseys/numbers based on other factors not just stats or achievements.

Just slapping Vince deserves a spot in the rafters, IMO.

Comment

If you'd left it at "seriously, my bad", some degree of sincerity may have been taken "seriously". The subsequent paragraph is a bloody expansion upon your original grumpy comment. So which is it? You "didn't mean to take the air out of the Mo Pete love in", or you mean to take more air out? Confusing.

As far as "we have been forced to fall in love with sub par talent in this town", who is forcing you? You do understand that being a fan of a team is a choice, right? You sound like some spoiled, self-entitled brat who mistakenly believes he has earned more than players giving their all,,,,,, unless you're actually being forced that is.

Comment

Working...
                              X