No announcement yet.

Best of 2000's Rock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wizards of the Rock fucking us all gently!

Comment

Not a great decade for rock. I'd go with: A Perfect Circle, Tool, Modest Mouse, Flaming Lips, The Strokes, The Shins...

Comment

Via 2001:

Comment

Foo Fighters - Best of you via 2005:

Comment

The 90's were better, but there were some solid artists in the 2000's including the Foo Fighters, White Stripes, Radiohead, Kings of Leon, Linkin Park, Coldplay and the Killers. Green Day's best work also came out in the 2000's.

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
              The 90's were better, but there were some solid artists in the 2000's including the Foo Fighters, White Stripes, Radiohead, Kings of Leon, Linkin Park, Coldplay and the Killers. Green Day's best work also came out in the 2000's.
              Foo Fighers best stuff was in the 90s though.
              "The Color and the Shape" is one of the best Rock albums of All time.
              But I'll still give them one of the best bands of 2000s.

And you really think Green Days best work was in the 2000s? I disagree.
              Kerplunk, Dookie, Insomniac and Nimrod all came out before 2000.
              American Idiot was the only good one in the 2000s, and it wasn't even one of my Top 3 GD albums.
              Last edited by Joey; Wed Sep 11, 2013, 03:34 PM.

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
                Foo Fighers best stuff was in the 90s though.
                "The Color and the Shape" is one of the best Rock albums of All time.
                But I'll still give them one of the best bands of 2000s.

And you really think Green Days best work was in the 2000s? I disagree.
                Kerplunk, Dookie, Insomniac and Nimrod all came out before 2000.
                American Idiot was the only good one in the 2000s, and it wasn't even one of my Top 3 GD albums.
                I felt they were far more punk in the 90's and I'm not into punk (anymore).. I prefer the albums from the 2000s - American Idiot and 21st Century Breakdown are my personal favourites. I will admit though Dookie got a lot of playing time on my old multi-cd player back in the day.

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
                  Its an analogy.
                  The 60s are generally regarded as the 'Hippy Renaisance' and birth of Classic Rock; the 70s are generally known for the birth of Disco.

90s the birth of Grunge Rock, and rebirth of Rock n Roll as Mainstream. 2000s sorta bastardized that concept with your pop-punks and Nickelbacks and Avril Lavines and what not.

Not saying nothing good came out of the 2000s .. but most of it was influenced by better 90s Rock.
                  Now, that I can definitely 100% get behind.
                  If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

Audioslave was definitely one of, if not the best bands of the 2000's..Their debut album is in my top 10 for sure
                    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Comment

Morello's solo in this is...sweeeet

Comment

I remember when this dropped. I was thinking "WTF?", I had no clue they were going to release this; I was a little excited and sad at the same time.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X