Best of 2000's Rock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best of 2000's Rock

Stealing Apollo's thunder..but, there was still some good output in the 2000's and seeing how that decade is finished..

What better way to segway into the 2000's than with a supergroup that consists of a mash-up between two of the biggest 90's bands.
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Nice idea. Imitation is the greatest form of flattery ha, ha.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

I don't look back on the 2000s nearly as fondly as I do the 90s for Rock Music.
              The 90s were like the 60s in terms of revolutionizing music.
              The 2000s were like the 70s where took all that and made Disco... Lol

And there's also this...
              "Nickelback named Band of the 2000's by Billboard"
              Last edited by Joey; Tue Sep 10, 2013, 10:18 PM.

Comment

Comment

There. Helped you kick start it.

Comment

Saw them at Saddledome earlier in the year. Everybody in the sold out stadium must have belted out every lyric the whole way through the song. It was amazing. Best concert I've ever been to.

Comment

Underrated band.
                      Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
                        I don't look back on the 2000s nearly as fondly as I do the 90s for Rock Music.
                        The 90s were like the 60s in terms of revolutionizing music.
                        The 2000s were like the 70s where took all that and made Disco... Lol

And there's also this...
                        "Nickelback named Band of the 2000's by Billboard"
                        I can't go with you there, man. I mean the 70's gave us Queen,Zeppelin,Floyd,Genesis..pretty revolutionary there.

Certainly, there's some crap to get through. But, purely rock. Can't agree with you.
                        Last edited by LBF; Tue Sep 10, 2013, 11:08 PM.
                        If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

LBF wrote: View Post
                          I can't go with you there, man. I mean the 70's gave us Queen,Zeppelin,Floyd,Genesis..pretty revolutionary there.

Certainly, there's some crap to get through. But, purely rock. Can't agree with you.
                          Its an analogy.
                          The 60s are generally regarded as the 'Hippy Renaisance' and birth of Classic Rock; the 70s are generally known for the birth of Disco.

90s the birth of Grunge Rock, and rebirth of Rock n Roll as Mainstream. 2000s sorta bastardized that concept with your pop-punks and Nickelbacks and Avril Lavines and what not.

Not saying nothing good came out of the 2000s .. but most of it was influenced by better 90s Rock.
                          Last edited by Joey; Wed Sep 11, 2013, 12:11 AM.

Comment

The 2000's stunk compared to the 90's and prior. Rap and pop were pushed like never before and I think it limited a lot of bands' potential. Same can be said for today.

Comment

Anything by Tenacious D.

Comment

Working...
                              X