Hedo's Mother Had Open Heart Surgery?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hedo's Mother Had Open Heart Surgery?

According to some dude at the RealGM who was listening to the Nets telecast he heard the commentator say that Hedo's mother had an emergency open heart surgery. Didn't say when, but if so I could understand why mentally he hasn't been into everything. Especially if his mother's health has been deteriorating over the last little while.

If this is indeed true, I wish her a successful recovery.

What I'm amazed by, is that how did the Nets commentary know of this before the Raptors one?

According to the Nets announcers, Hedo's mom had Emergency open heart surgery.

Hedo is a knows mamma's boy, in his first season in the league he would call back home multiple times a day according to the Kings.

I know this will be seen as another Hedo thread and the board has alot of those but anyway.

With his genes, Pizza should be the last thing on his mind.

Hope everything works out well for Hedo's mom.

Comment

I'd imagine that the Raptors broadcasters and journalists were aware of the situation, but respected Hedo's repeated statements that he didn't want the issue to be made public.

Seems in pretty poor taste that the Nets broadcasters would just throw it out there. Honestly, does anyone really need to know Hedo's family issues?

Comment

Damn, what's way worse than what I could've imagined - emergency open heart surgery - yikes! Hope she's doing well now.
        http://facebook.com/DiseaseMusic

Comment

Hotshot wrote: View Post
          With his genes, Pizza should be the last thing on his mind.
          Not even remotely funny...

Comment

Doug confirms the story this morning in his blog:

I mention this only because it apparently got out there during Friday’s New jersey broadcast of the Nets game, thanks to Mike Fratello, who has been a decade-long friend of Hedo and who shares representation with him, I’m told.

The quick trip back to Turkey last week was because Turk’s mom had open-heart surgery and when I talked to him about it Saturday night he said everything’s under control and she’s doing better.

And I will say this: If Fratello hadn’t said anything, I wouldn’t have asked him and if I had found out, I don’t know whether I would have told you.
            Source - Click here

Comment

photoman wrote: View Post
              Not even remotely funny...
              Yeah it was a bad joke in poor taste I admit.

Comment

Last edited by drizz; Sun Feb 21, 2010, 07:58 PM.

Comment

I disagree Vellassco. While Hedo's first impression was a bad one, sports fans are notorious for forgetting about yesterday when you win them a game today. If Hedo "turns it on" from now until playoffs, the "hating" will be turned off almost immediately... at least until he starts sucking again.

Comment

Working...
                  X