No announcement yet.

Hansbrough Will Surprise You

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So was I the only one happy about the Hansborough signing? wow lol I think he will have a significant impact on the team.

Comment

BobLoblaw wrote: View Post
      ...I'm not sure the Jonas play was intentional, btw. Jonas tends to ram into people with all he's got, as if he's pushing a car, and if the car suddenly disappears, he goes flying.
      You grab a guy by the arm and spin around while throwing him to the floor. this does not constitute ramming into someone "...with all he's got, as if he's pushing a car, and if the car suddenly disappears, he goes flying."

Having said that I am waiting to see Hansbrough's play.

Comment

Puffer wrote: View Post
        You grab a guy by the arm and spin around while throwing him to the floor. this does not constitute ramming into someone "...with all he's got, as if he's pushing a car, and if the car suddenly disappears, he goes flying."

Having said that I am waiting to see Hansbrough's play.
        Is this what happened? Or does Jonas knock Hansbrough out of balance by ramming into him, Hansbrough tries to grab onto Jonas to regain his balance and they both fall down? I guess if Hansbrough was generally a dirty player, I might see it strictly like you do. Now, I'm not sure.

Comment

I watched every Pacer game last year. I don't see Hansbrough as a dirty player. What he is is a little awkward like a lot of big men, super agressive, and a guy who will fight for the ball (with passion) and for position. Add all of this together and yes it can appear he is dirty. What he is not is an intentionally dirty player. No way.

I have not seen Amir Johnson play except against the Pacers and he did not make enough of an impression on me for me to remember him. That means nothing of course and I have read many good things about him on the forum. I am in his corner but I can guarantee you that if you give Hansbrough 20 to 25 minutes a night you are going to get more than 10 points a game out of him. I say that based on history. I also think it is safe to say you will get an equal amount of rebounds from him as you get from Amir. The two of them ought to make a good team at the power forward position. I think you will now have 2 Amir's in uniform or 2 Tyler's however you want to look at it.

Now I have a question. Does anyone know if League Pass will show the preseason games? I have not yet signed up.

Comment

There was a brief stretch of 6-8 games in late March where Hansborough was getting 25-30 mpg and putting up double-doubles fairly consistently.

Comment

Said it before I think that Tyler might win the starting spot.
              @Chr1st1anL

Comment

BobLoblaw wrote: View Post
                Is this what happened? Or does Jonas knock Hansbrough out of balance by ramming into him, Hansbrough tries to grab onto Jonas to regain his balance and they both fall down? I guess if Hansbrough was generally a dirty player, I might see it strictly like you do. Now, I'm not sure.

Even coach Vogel, who had a good view of it all, immediately stood up pointed out Hansbrough and benched him 3 seconds later (really respect coach Vogel for that btw, benching a player for dirty plays even if its his own player)
                You decide.

Comment

OldSchool wrote:
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xg6epjY0Icc

Even coach Vogel, who had a good view of it all, immediately pointed out Hansbrough and benched him 3 seconds later (really respect coach Vogel for that btw, benching a player for dirty plays even if its his own player)
                  You decide.
                  Yeah, if that's not a dirty play, then I'd want to know what is.

Psycho-T is kind of dirty, in that he's borderline out of control - partly from his extreme aggressiveness, partly because he wants to draw contact at both ends of the court, and partly because his body control seems a little out to lunch (a lot of incidental contact just because he's always flailing and throwing himself around). That's the basis of everything he does. It's effective in limited amounts, but re: giving him more minutes - he'd be abused by a lot of starting PF's with strong post games (Z-Bo) or effective outside shooting (Dirk). Tyler's not big enough to stick with the big boys on the inside for extended minutes, and he doesn't have the range to chase Dirk/Garnett/etc. for extended minutes. In limited minutes though, he's a good guy to mix things up and present opposing teams with a different (read: chaotic) look.

I'd define him as "dirty" in that he wants any kind of contact, and accidentally initiates lots of contact, and doesn't seem concerned about the consequences. Most players realize there are certain types of contact to initiate and certain types to avoid (i.e. injury causing). Psycho-T doesn't seem to care or doesn't have the body control/quick judgement to differentiate. He's more of a "Hulk smash" kind of guy. I don't like him much, but I think he'll be useful.
                  "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

in the video Jack says "he's a hack, Ive said it before, the guys a hack" Its gonna be funny to hear Jack suddenly change his tune about Tyler when he commentates. Jack's probably gonna be the loudest one on the Hansbrough bandwagon lol

Comment

OldSchool wrote: View Post

Even coach Vogel, who had a good view of it all, immediately stood up pointed out Hansbrough and benched him 3 seconds later (really respect coach Vogel for that btw, benching a player for dirty plays even if its his own player)
                      You decide.
                      Or he replaced Hansbrough with an all star caliber player (David West) in the 4th quarter of a close game. I think it's possible that there's a bit of a "lets avoid escalation" in this, but I wouldn't read too much into it.

Comment

Indiana65 wrote: View Post
                        I watched every Pacer game last year. I don't see Hansbrough as a dirty player. What he is is a little awkward like a lot of big men, super agressive, and a guy who will fight for the ball (with passion) and for position. Add all of this together and yes it can appear he is dirty. What he is not is an intentionally dirty player. No way.

I have not seen Amir Johnson play except against the Pacers and he did not make enough of an impression on me for me to remember him. That means nothing of course and I have read many good things about him on the forum. I am in his corner but I can guarantee you that if you give Hansbrough 20 to 25 minutes a night you are going to get more than 10 points a game out of him. I say that based on history. I also think it is safe to say you will get an equal amount of rebounds from him as you get from Amir. The two of them ought to make a good team at the power forward position. I think you will now have 2 Amir's in uniform or 2 Tyler's however you want to look at it.

Now I have a question. Does anyone know if League Pass will show the preseason games? I have not yet signed up.
                        The thing Amir has up on Hansbrough is that there's no way Tyler is as good a defender as him. Not one-on-one against either PFs or Cs, and not as an anchor for a team's D. Amir doesn't wow you with stats (especially basic ones), because he's a glue guy who does his job very well. And he had by far the biggest impact on the team's D when on the floor out of all guys on the roster.

Now I don't know who Casey will start, but I'd prefer Amir's strong D and versatility there on the starting unit, and Tyler's energy and how that can help the team off the bench. I think in the end, they will both be getting 25-30 minutes so it's on Casey to utilize the rotation properly to maximize both. So both should be able to thrive on the same team without taking anything away from each other.

I also think Tyler would get more opportunities on the 2nd unit, as he does have a better offensive game (with the ball in his hands) than Amir, and there just won't be any touches left with JV, Rudy, DeMar and Kyle on the starting unit. I would also always want one of him or JV on the floor if possible, so I'd stagger their minutes (harder to do if they start together) as they are the best post threats and will thus help open things up for the wings.

Comment

You may be right but you might want to look at this first from Bleacherreport on the best defensive power forwards in the league: http://tinyurl.com/mt78lr6

Comment

You may be right but you might want to look at this first from Bleacherreport on the best defensive power forwards in the league: http://tinyurl.com/mt78lr6
                            Wow. Thanks for sharing that. That's really good to know about Tyler. What I find funny is a lot of people hate on Demar's defense but he is actually ranked higher at his position than Amir. And we weren't a good defensive team last year so no one can say it's because he was on a good defensive team and that's why he's ranked slightly above average. But I do understand that he guards the teams worse offensive player and Amir guards the better offensive big man. Maybe that's why but I still think we might be hating on Demar a little too much in terms of his defense. He definitely needs to improve it though.
                            I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

I was ready to dismiss that article, seeing as its BleacherReport, but thats actually probably their most in-depth analysis they've EVER done. Lol Great article. Nice find!

Comment

And then they go and put Lamar Odom as the Second Best Defensive PF in the League ... Gosh darnit BleacherReport.. you just can't help it, can you?! Haha

Comment

Working...
                                X