DeMar DeRozan vs. Rip Hamilton

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Axel wrote: View Post
    Sarcasm. Apparently you don't get it until you're an adult.
    If it was sarcasm, why were you defending it just a few posts ago?

You weren't being sarcastic with that post. You were trying to provide a counter-example, and picked a terrible one. Should've stuck with the Ricky Davis one or maybe Jerry Stackhouse.

Comment

• Xixak wrote: View Post
      If it was sarcasm, why were you defending it just a few posts ago?

You weren't being sarcastic with that post. You were trying to provide a counter-example, and picked a terrible one. Should've stuck with the Ricky Davis one or maybe Jerry Stackhouse.
      You love to accuse others of putting words in your mouth, and yet you do it constantly.

If you read a sentence that says "Player 1 made it to the Hall of Fame, so then Demar can improve his game because Player 1 did too" then it means:
      A) The poster is a Demar lover and delusional as to how he will progress
      B) The poster is a realist and the comment is laced with sarcasm

I didn't defend the post as a real post, I defended the intent, which was "The point is that similar stats mean nothing. The players are nothing alike, and that applies to both sets of comparisons. The teams they play on are nothing alike."
      Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
        You love to accuse others of putting words in your mouth, and yet you do it constantly.

If you read a sentence that says "Player 1 made it to the Hall of Fame, so then Demar can improve his game because Player 1 did too" then it means:
        A) The poster is a Demar lover and delusional as to how he will progress
        B) The poster is a realist and the comment is laced with sarcasm

I didn't defend the post as a real post, I defended the intent, which was "The point is that similar stats mean nothing. The players are nothing alike, and that applies to both sets of comparisons. The teams they play on are nothing alike."
        Yeah except I just explained to you why your post doesn't mean anything, because the stats of those two players aren't comparable. I'm not sure if you even looked at the stats that you posted.

If you wanted to show that similar stats =/= similar playing style or career trajectory you should've used someone who, you know, actually had similar stats to DeRozan.

Comment

• My closing arguments.

Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• DIME Magazine's Top 20 Shooting Guards List

18. DeMAR DeROZAN
            Much like his teammate Rudy Gay, DeRozan is often slammed for being a ball-stopper, and an inefficient talent who doesn’t do much else besides score. That’s partly true. Toronto’s starting two-guard shot below 45 percent from the field in each of the past two years and is barely a threat from deep. But his all-around game is starting to develop. Last season, the 6-7 athlete saw his rebounds (3.9 per game) and assists (2.5) go up to career-highs while his turnovers (1.8) dropped slightly from 2011-12. He hasn’t made any monster strides since becoming a full-time starter three years ago. Then again, he’s still better than many other two guards, and averaged 18.1 points last year.
            http://dimemag.com/2013/10/top-20-sh...nba-right-now/

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
              DIME Magazine's Top 20 Shooting Guards List

http://dimemag.com/2013/10/top-20-sh...nba-right-now/
              Wow. Demar is ranked behind: Jimmy Butler, JJ Redick, Dion Waiters, Klay Thompson, Iman Shumpert, Bradley Beal, Tyreke Evans, Tony Allen and JR Smith? First of all, it really shows the sad state of SG position in the NBA. Secondly, being ranked behind that group should hopefully give Demar some serious motivation.

Basically, it's Kobe, Wade & Harden followed by a glut of players who are basically of the same value and replaceable for each other.
              Last edited by golden; Tue Oct 1, 2013, 03:19 PM.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                Wow. Demar is ranked behind: Jimmy Butler, JJ Redick, Dion Waiters, Klay Thompson, Iman Shumpert, Bradley Beal, Tyreke Evans, Tony Allen and JR Smith? First of all, it really shows the sad state of SG position in the NBA. Secondly, being ranked behind that group should hopefully give Demar some serious motivation.

Basically, it's Kobe, Wade & Harden followed by a glut of players who are basically of the same value and replaceable for each other.
                Kind of an odd ranking. Iguodala made the list, even though he's probably more of a small forward. And I can't understand how Tyreke Evans was so high.

Comment

• ESPN SportsNation - fan voting - ranked him 16 out of 20 this summer.

http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/post...hooting-guards
                  "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

Makes sense to me. The only guys on there I wouldn't take over DeMar are Waiters (even more inefficient, bad defender), Shumpert (overrated, no offensive game to speak of), and Smith (older, coming off surgery, just as much of a black hole as DeMar, only slightly more efficient).

Comment

• Excellent points Xixak. One I like (in particular) is Demar's ability to post smaller guards. Whereas Rip pretty much HAD to get open to get his shot off (something he was excellent at, almost as good as Allen or Reggie Reggie-the best), Demar hugely improved in this aspect last year. Hopefully:
                      1. He builds on it;
                      2. less likely to be double teamed due to Gay being here whole season.
                      Both mean more opportunities.

Comment

Working...
                      X