No announcement yet.

Nickname Jerseys? - Fill out the Raps roster with nicknames

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rudy's jersey could have "Gay" over the top and under the number 22 should be added "not that there is anything wrong with that."

Comment

That's gold!

Comment

"not this guy" killed me
        @sweatpantsjer

Comment

I don't think there's anyone on our team right now that might garner a nickname. Guys get names because they're mentioned in the news a lot and are given a shorter moniker to refer them to. Others might have been infamous for something they did and get a name for that. I'm not sure that we have that right now. There might be some nicknames in the forums here because we're all fanboys, but realistically where you put something in and the general public (average fan) looks and says "Ha, that makes total sense."? I can't think of a single player on our team right now that would deserve that.
          your pal,
          ebrian

Comment

ebrian wrote: View Post
            I don't think there's anyone on our team right now that might garner a nickname. Guys get names because they're mentioned in the news a lot and are given a shorter moniker to refer them to. Others might have been infamous for something they did and get a name for that. I'm not sure that we have that right now. There might be some nicknames in the forums here because we're all fanboys, but realistically where you put something in and the general public (average fan) looks and says "Ha, that makes total sense."? I can't think of a single player on our team right now that would deserve that.
            Very true, but if the NBA does roll out and nickname jersey game (see the link in the OP), then every player is going to have something, whether it is earned or not. It's easy for LeBron, Wade and Bosh to have something earned, but even Dexter Pittman, Joel Anthony, and Norris Cole are going to have them. That absurdity is part of the entertainment value intended for this thread. I mean, Aaron Gray as "Sex Falcon" or "White Panther"? lol.
            Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

From what I understand, the nickname jerseys are just going to be used for the Heat and the Nets. So we don't really need to come up with realistic ones, just hilarious ones
              Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

Lowry - Captain KLOE
                Gay - Clutch (it's what we hope he can be)
                Derozan - DeRizen One (The Risen One sounds blasphemous but talking about his hops)
                Amir - 'Mir (he plays that mirror defense)
                Valanciunas - Valaciunasty
                Acy - Pocket Aces
                Novak - Trey (obvious reason)
                Hansborough - Psycho T
                Fields - Golden [fields]
                Gray - Gandolf
                Buycks - Tryke (short for tricycle)
                Augustin - DJ remix
                Daye - Light Knight

Comment

In the style of Chris Berman....

Rudy “Openly” Gay
                  Demar “we are together, de happier we’ll be” Derozan
                  Amir “I love pounding my” Johnson
                  Watch “yo own ass” Valanciunas
                  Acy “DC”
                  Steve “the obligatory white guy who can hit wide open 3s when left wide open” Novak
                  Tyler “don’t f**kin call me Psycho T” Hansbrough
                  Landry “Mrs” or “Misses” Fields
                  Aaron “White Charcoal” Gray
                  Dwight “riding the pine and the stationary” Buycks
                  DJ “EZ Rock” Augustin
                  Austin “Never see the light of” Daye

Comment

isaacthompson wrote: View Post
                    From what I understand, the nickname jerseys are just going to be used for the Heat and the Nets. So we don't really need to come up with realistic ones, just hilarious ones
                    Oh but what if that is just the beginning? Yes, the plan is for 1 game with 2 teams, but can you really see any team not wanting to jump on that bandwagon (think of the jersey sales revenue from that 1 game). It may take years before the Raps are involved in such a game, but like the playoffs, we can always dream in the meantime.
                    Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

golden wrote: View Post

Rudy “Openly” Gay
                      Acy “DC”
                      Steve “the obligatory white guy who can hit wide open 3s when left wide open” Novak
                      DJ “EZ Rock” Augustin
                      Shit, made my eyes water with some of those, good stuff. Seriously though, this is all well and good for commentary and a few laughs, but am I the only one that thinks putting nicknames on jerseys in reality is a stupid f#$%ing idea? I mean, for some guys that have been around awhile and are popular and well known around the league and already have nicknames, I can maybe understand, but what about the rest of the league? Are they just gonna make shit up just for the sake of it? This all seems rather amateur-ish to me for a league that is supposed to be sporting the best professional basketball players on Earth.

Comment

The NBA is in the business of selling merchandise, in this case some oddball jerseys. Be the first on your block to own one.

Comment

golden wrote: View Post

Rudy “Openly” Gay
                          Acy “DC”
                          DJ “EZ Rock” Augustin
                          You lost some steam at the end .. but the demar one is classic berman .. I can picture him saying it (if the raps ever made espn) .. well done, these were hilarious

Comment

Working...
                          X