2016 NBA Allstar Games In Toronto!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Matt52 wrote: View Post
    The lack of convention centre space within a short distance (i.e. couple minutes walk) to accommodate all the hoopla that goes on surrounding the actual game itself was the issue. I believe a lack of quality hotels was an issue too.
    Why is it no longer an issue then? Its not like a Convention Center has suddenly opened up.
    I never really bought into that argument .. The Metro Toronto Convention Center is literally just up the street from the ACC... and its massive. And I believe the Ritz and the Marriot are both connected to the MTCC, with the Royal York hotel right across the street.

That argument from Doug just never made sense to me.
    Perhaps its legit, but I'm not sure why that would've changed under TL.

Comment

Finally!

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
        Not to mention WHITE VEGAS baby, Woo!! This is going to be one sloppy game. Haha

Toronto Tourism ad: 'White Vegas' from The Basketball Jones on Vimeo.

LOL. But OMG, Jilly's is an absolute dive or at least used to be back in the day, or so I heard. Oh, and I guess this guarantees that JV will make the ASG in 2016.

Comment

Why dont people realize??

I dont understand how people think the 2016 allstar will be during the raptors 20th season in the nba. This year is the raptors 19th therfore 2014-15 will be the 20th. The allstar will not b here for hour 20th season, itll b for our 21st season. Just to show u the raps 10th year anny was in 2004/05 not 2005/06. 04/05 was there 10th year. 14/15 is there 20th
          Live. Breath. Sleep. Raptors

Comment

TorontoRaptors4Eva wrote: View Post
            I dont understand how people think the 2016 allstar will be during the raptors 20th season in the nba. This year is the raptors 19th therfore 2014-15 will be the 20th. The allstar will not b here for hour 20th season, itll b for our 21st season. Just to show u the raps 10th year anny was in 2004/05 not 2005/06. 04/05 was there 10th year. 14/15 is there 20th
            2004/05 may have been their 10th season, but the 2005/06 season would have been the 10th anniversary of their first season - confusing I know. Do you celebrate at the beginning or end of the 'year'? Think of it like your birthday - you're living in the # year for an entire year before you celebrate that birthday (ie: when you celebrate your 10th birthday, you're done living your 10th year, yet you are considered to be 10 for a whole year more).

Frankly I could care less about the semantics and am just excited to have an all-star game hosted in Toronto!

Now I just have to figure out my strategy to convince the wife to plan a trip back to Toronto that just happens to coincide with the all-star game...
            Last edited by CalgaryRapsFan; Tue Sep 24, 2013, 06:11 PM.

Comment

Look at the logo for 2004/05 season, it says 10th year anniversary
              Live. Breath. Sleep. Raptors

Comment

The first year the Raptors played was 1995-96.

I have a feeling that in 2004/2005 the 10th year celebrations feel under such sales campaign pushes as Young Gunz/Onez. They were heading in to a sh!tty year and needed to hype something.

And CRF birthday nails it.

You are right though.

Last edited by mcHAPPY; Tue Sep 24, 2013, 07:26 PM.

Comment

its 10th year, because that's the season the front office & Business work started including the 1995 draft, and i guess the team existed on paper. But the first season played is the 1995-1996. Which will be 20th Anniversary.

Comment

All you guys looking to avoid it are nuts. I'm gonna be fighting to get tickets to both the events and the game. It's basically once in a lifetime event.

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
                      Wow ... well there goes Doug Smith's long standing opinion that Toronto will never get the ASG, because it's somehow not suited to host it .... Idiot. Lol

This is absolutely amazing news, and proof that TL is a man of his word and gets things done.
                      Maybe we can ban him from game! Lol.

Comment

Letter N wrote: View Post
                        All you guys looking to avoid it are nuts. I'm gonna be fighting to get tickets to both the events and the game. It's basically once in a lifetime event.
                        It will be interesting to see how tickets are distributed....

Comment

ya, I'm definitely going to do my best to be there. But, I'll be 23-24... somewhere in that age range..So..I understand the older guys on the board like puffer(jab jab) avoiding it..
                          If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

LBF wrote: View Post
                            ya, I'm definitely going to do my best to be there. But, I'll be 23-24... somewhere in that age range..So..I understand the older guys on the board like puffer(jab jab) avoiding it..
                            Damn kids. And your crazy music and dope.

Comment

Puffer wrote: View Post
                              Damn kids. And your crazy music and dope.
                              I don't listen to that crazy music, but I do smoke quite a bit of dope. As meatloaf said "2 outta 3 ain't bad"!
                              If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

LBF wrote: View Post
                                I don't listen to that crazy music, but I do smoke quite a bit of dope. As meatloaf said "2 outta 3 ain't bad"!
                                ...LBF ... I just ... I can't even.

Comment

Working...
                                X