2016 NBA Allstar Games In Toronto!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

phez wrote: View Post
    How much would you spend for all star tickets?
    They could be in superbowl price range...

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
      I'll settle for Randle though.
      I'll settle for Marcus Smart. The thought of pairing him with JV for years as a PG/C tandem has me drooling all over myself.

Comment

At the same time, I don't really like how you guys are using the word "settle" for top 3 prospects. There's no guarantee we even have a top 3 pick, even if we blew up the roster and tanked Orlando, Phoenix, Sacramento, Philly, etc are all hot garbage (Boston could join that group by trading Rondo).

Let's not forget that in 2012 we finished 3rd last and ended up picking 5th. That's the kind of thing that could happen in 2014 after a tank and suddenly Wiggins, Randle, etc are off the board and there's a lower chance that the guy we take ever makes an all-star team.

People have been comparing this draft to 2003, but if it really is like the 2003 draft, then there's only all-stars right at the top of it, so it would require a lot of luck to get one even if you tank.

Comment

Xixak wrote: View Post
          At the same time, I don't really like how you guys are using the word "settle" for top 3 prospects. There's no guarantee we even have a top 3 pick, even if we blew up the roster and tanked Orlando, Phoenix, Sacramento, Philly, etc are all hot garbage (Boston could join that group by trading Rondo).

Let's not forget that in 2012 we finished 3rd last and ended up picking 5th. That's the kind of thing that could happen in 2014 after a tank and suddenly Wiggins, Randle, etc are off the board and there's a lower chance that the guy we take ever makes an all-star team.

People have been comparing this draft to 2003, but if it really is like the 2003 draft, then there's only all-stars right at the top of it, so it would require a lot of luck to get one even if you tank.
          Time to move along people.

The FUN-Police is here.

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
            I'll settle for Marcus Smart. The thought of pairing him with JV for years as a PG/C tandem has me drooling all over myself.
            Exum intrigues me at Point.

Later in the draft Vicic is also intriguing.

Don't get me wrong, Smart is on the desired list too.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
              Exum intrigues me at Point.

Later in the draft Vicic is also intriguing.

Don't get me wrong, Smart is on the desired list too.
              I haven't seen nearly enough of Exum to have a fully formed opinion. Very intriguing, but still don't know his game enough.

I also just love Smart's personality. It may have been dumb to stay in college another year, but his intangibles, as they say, just seem off the charts on top of his talent. The effort and desperation he seems to play with, along with his leadership qualities...Seems like the perfect fit next to JV who has very similar qualities.

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
                Why is it no longer an issue then? Its not like a Convention Center has suddenly opened up.
                I never really bought into that argument .. The Metro Toronto Convention Center is literally just up the street from the ACC... and its massive. And I believe the Ritz and the Marriot are both connected to the MTCC, with the Royal York hotel right across the street.

That argument from Doug just never made sense to me.
                Perhaps its legit, but I'm not sure why that would've changed under TL.
                I hate Doug Smith, I hate him -- but he was right. The NBA ASG is a huge HUGE money grab and things need to be right for them to have come here. The hotel situation has boomed significantly (see Ritz-Carleton) in the last few years which helps a lot, and the MTCC had been in dire need of some serious renovations for years. That finally happened a couple years back, likely to save themselves of any embarrassment during G7/G20.

Accessibility to MTCC has always been an issue. Keep in mind this is mid to end of February in Canada. For you and I, a brisk walk for 10-15 minutes is not a big deal but from the perspective of silly Americans? That's 10 minutes walking in the cold tundra. Yes it's linked to the subway but it's still not easy to get to. Lots of twists and turns and the PATH isn't always easy to navigate through. Even to this day I have to check the map once in awhile and I've been working downtown for the past 12 years.

Again, I still think this is a major coup for the City of Toronto.. it's huge for us. I just wouldn't harp on Doug Smith. The reasons he gave for us not ever landing the ASG were legit. I give big props to Tim Leiweke for pulling this off.
                your pal,
                ebrian

Comment

ebrian wrote: View Post
                  Accessibility to MTCC has always been an issue. Keep in mind this is mid to end of February in Canada. For you and I, a brisk walk for 10-15 minutes is not a big deal but from the perspective of silly Americans? That's 10 minutes walking in the cold tundra.
                  Have you never even been to New York?

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                    I haven't seen nearly enough of Exum to have a fully formed opinion. Very intriguing, but still don't know his game enough.

I also just love Smart's personality. It may have been dumb to stay in college another year, but his intangibles, as they say, just seem off the charts on top of his talent. The effort and desperation he seems to play with, along with his leadership qualities...Seems like the perfect fit next to JV who has very similar qualities.
                    Exum is also lauded for his work ethic and intangibles as well.

This is a good draft class.

I'll wait until the NCAA season is underway before calling it great.

Still sticking to the belief that the Raps have a great opportunity to build with the hardest piece to acquire under contract for another 3 years - and likely up to 8.

Comment

i'd take Exum over Smart, but isn't Exum more of a combo guard? i thought he was a 2 if anything?

I don't know how i feel about Smart at all. When he was on he was amazing but there's aspects of his game that make me kinda :/

i'd go:
                      Wiggins
                      Randle
                      Exum
                      Parker
                      Smart
                      @sweatpantsjer

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
                        i'd take Exum over Smart, but isn't Exum more of a combo guard? i thought he was a 2 if anything?

I don't know how i feel about Smart at all. When he was on he was amazing but there's aspects of his game that make me kinda :/

i'd go:
                        Wiggins
                        Randle
                        Exum
                        Parker
                        Smart
                        They're both "combo" guards, but both are more than capable of being distributors. These aren't Lou Williams type combo guards where you have a PG body but are a SG. They have SG bodies with good all around guard skills.

Comment

Here is a good start for all our scouting 'experts'... me included

Smart:

Comment

Exum:

Comment

No love for Aaron Gordon? He's definitely a dark horse.
                              Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

phez wrote: View Post
                                Have you never even been to New York?
                                NYC is an exception to the (justified) perception. It's the sports capital of the world.

You could have a hurricane and ebola breakout hit the city on that weekend and the NBA would still consider holding their precious ASG there. Americans are silly people.
                                your pal,
                                ebrian

Comment

Working...
                                X