The Raptors and the 2014 Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BigCamB wrote: View Post
    Indeed, Anderson is also a bit shifty in terms of his moves where as Stauskus is more of a straight line driver only. I think in terms of pure leaping ability, Stauskus has him beat pretty easily (but that isn't saying much).
    That being said, Stauskus I'm sure is going to at least be a rotation guy, I am eager to see what Anderson can do when he doesn't have the ball in his hands all the time and have the entire offense built around his solid overall game.
    Well that's why I said Stauskas has a higher floor. If he can be even just slightly below average on D, he's at least an 8-10 guy in a rotation as a shooter.

Anderson has a lot of risk and could struggle to find his niche, but if he can be passable on D, he has more tools to impact the game with. And his size and passing ability make him very intriguing for what it can offer when trying to cause problems for the other team matching up against you.

And for what it's worth, I feel like guys with good size and passing ability have a pretty good track record in the NBA, despite some of them having pretty unspectacular athleticism. Maybe Anderson is going to be an overdue bust for that type of player, or maybe he just keeps up the solid track record.

Comment

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
      Here's my take on this debate about Kyle Anderson and Nik Stauskas

I'm my opinion these guys prime stats and roles would most likely be

Kyle Anderson - 15ppg 6reb 6asts
      Starting SF or PF for small ball

Nik Stauskas - 17ppg 4reb 3asts 43% from 3
      Sixth man or starting SG for a solid defensive team ala J.J Redick
      I don't know where you got those stats....They don't match their DX profiles or sport-reference (basketball reference for college) pages. Specifically your rebound stats. Stauskas averages 2.9 REB....Anderson 8.8.
      **Oh, nevermind, didn't notice you said these were stats you thought were possible. For some reason just assumed they were college stats that you were basing your opinion on...my bad...the stats you posted are almost exactly their college stats from this year.

I see a Redick-type role as Stauskas' ceiling in the best-case. I see a Jodie Meeks as hopefully his floor. And for bust risk I see a slim chance he's a Kapono or Fredette.

I see a role similar to young Diaw for Anderson, with his ceiling being higher, and hopefully his floor being not too much lower. For a bust risk, I don't have a good comparison, because I'm strongly to think of passing forwards who washed out off the top of my head, but he certainly has the chance to bust and wash out.

Comment

J.J has willed himself to become a good defensive player over the journey, despite his mediocre physical attributes. Would be a good player for Stauskus to model his work ethic on.
        It took years of SVG hammering him for it though. Stauskas needs to be drafted by a team where he'll get similar treatment.

Comment

• Chad Ford's newest Big Board:

1. Wiggins
          2. Parker
          3. Embiid
          4. Exum
          5. Randle
          6. Aaron Gordon
          7. Noah Vonleh
          8. Marcus Smart
          9. Tyler Ennis
          10. Gary Harris
          11. Clint Capela
          12. Doug McDermott
          13. Zach LaVine
          14. Dario Saric
          15. PJ Hairston
          16. Montrezl Harrell
          17. James Young
          18. Jerami Grant
          19. Nik Stauskas
          20. Willie Cauley-Stein
          21. Adreian Payne
          22. Rodney Hood
          23. Cleanthony Early
          24. Rondae Hollis-Jefferson
          25. KJ McDaniels
          26. Shabazz Napier
          27. Kyle Anderson
          28. TJ Warren
          29. Chris Walker
          30. Jusuf Nurkic

Comment

• Yes Please @ Cauley-Stein.

Comment

Yes Please @ Cauley-Stein.
              +1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Yeah, all the guys I want us to draft in the five spots right before us. That's probably how it'll go down. If any of those 13-19 guys drop to 20, that's who I'd want.

Interesting to see Hollis-Jefferson on the list, I thought he was generally considered a lock to go back to Arizona last year... did something change with his status? Most mocks have had him as a 2015 lottery pick. He's super-raw and has no shot yet, but has very intriguing defensive potential. He really should go back to college, but if he does declare, he'd be a very high upside project for a late first-rounder.

Comment

• octothorp wrote: View Post
                  Yeah, all the guys I want us to draft in the five spots right before us. That's probably how it'll go down. If any of those 13-19 guys drop to 20, that's who I'd want.

Interesting to see Hollis-Jefferson on the list, I thought he was generally considered a lock to go back to Arizona last year... did something change with his status? Most mocks have had him as a 2015 lottery pick. He's super-raw and has no shot yet, but has very intriguing defensive potential. He really should go back to college, but if he does declare, he'd be a very high upside project for a late first-rounder.
                  Hollis-Jefferson jumped out to me also, he's my favourite wing prospect I think, lots of potential. But I agree he's likely to return to school, most people seem to think he would.

Comment

• If Cauley-Stein is there at 20! That's the steal of the draft.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Hollis-Jefferson jumped out to me also, he's my favourite wing prospect I think, lots of potential. But I agree he's likely to return to school, most people seem to think he would.
                      I like him as well, he has some flash but his overall offense isn't quite there yet. Had a very solid tournament, Arizona wouldn't have made it out of the second round without him.
                      Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

• Honestly, I kind of want to grab Shabazz at this point. He seems like a younger Lowry in a lot of ways.

Comment

• magoon wrote: View Post
                          Honestly, I kind of want to grab Shabazz at this point. He seems like a younger Lowry in a lot of ways.

He forgot Exum, Smart, Ennis. C'mon Lebron.

Comment

• magoon wrote: View Post
                            Honestly, I kind of want to grab Shabazz at this point. He seems like a younger Lowry in a lot of ways.
                            I don't see it at all
                            "Bruno?
                            Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
                            He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

• stooley wrote: View Post
                              I don't see it at all
                              me neither. Very different styles. Honestly, I see a little Monta Ellis in him. Lights out shooter who can harass to get some steals.
                              Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• I see a lot of Jarret Jack than Monta or any other PG.. Monta is EXPLOSIVEEEE

Comment

Working...
                                X