• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Parker reminds me a lot of Melo.
    Mamba Mentality

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
      Jabari Parker highlights:

... he kind of reminds me of Grant Hill. Probably because he's on Duke, but impressed so far nonetheless.
      His move at the very beginning reminded me of Tyreke Evans, for some reason.
      Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

G. Robinson III 15 Pts, 7 Reb, 4 Ast, 3 Stl
        on 4/8 fg and 7/10 ft.
        3 of his misses were 3pt attempts (0/3)

Comment

Comment

i think the thing is wiggins as the most elite potential. in the sense like... in 5 years wiggins is going to be the best player from this class. i'm pretty sure parker and guys like randle and smart are going to have better first years and maybe second years, kind of like Wade and Melo did over Lebron, but deep down you know when Wiggins matures into his body and his game he's going to be THE dude. that's what everyones banking on.
            @sweatpantsjer

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
              i think the thing is wiggins as the most elite potential. in the sense like... in 5 years wiggins is going to be the best player from this class. i'm pretty sure parker and guys like randle and smart are going to have better first years and maybe second years, kind of like Wade and Melo did over Lebron, but deep down you know when Wiggins matures into his body and his game he's going to be THE dude. that's what everyones banking on.
              If that's the case, then I'd rather wait until he's a FA instead.

Comment

peanutwoozle wrote: View Post
                Thats what i was thinking. Give him the max and go crazy

Comment

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                  Thats what i was thinking. Give him the max and go crazy
                  offer him his value actually.

Comment

offer him his value actually.
                    which will be max lol

Comment

So eight years? That's kind of brilliant. Why would we want a star player growing into his game over 2-3 seasons, really, when we can have eight years of not having him instead?

Comment

2014 draft Hypotheticaly speaking....

Picking nº1 overall, who would you take? Wiggins or Marcus Smart?

Discuss

Comment

Why not Parker? Or randle? Or exum?

Oh... And why not wait until at least march madness?

I think this us early but to answer your question, wiggins.

Comment

What about those Euros?

Some interesting European talent this year led by Saric who chose not to enter last year's draft when he was likely a low lottery pick:

Dario Saric (6’10”, PF, 1994, Croatia, Cibona)

Saric is showing remarkable consistency in his performances through the first part of the 2013/2014 season, which will probably lead to his declaration into 2014 NBA draft (according to the player his buyout is 1.2 million). The Croatian forward is collecting strong stats, and playing on a consistent basis as the starting PF for Cibona Zagreb, both in ABA League and Eurocup competitions. But the issues regarding the transition of his game to the NBA level remain the same: he’s still a tweener, without a precise role among the two forward spots. He’s really effective in transition game, exploiting his superior ball handling skills and mobility, but he struggles in half-court game when he has to beat the defender from the dribble, since he lacks the necessary first step and explosiveness. His ability to play as a point forward could led to a tactical role in NBA, but this transition will be bonded to a better consistency of his outside shot (less than 30% from 3 points this season). He’s averaging 13.3 points and 7 rebounds in ABA league.

Video of Larsen was posted earlier in thread:

Rasmus Larsen (7’0”, C, 1994, Denmark, Manresa)

The Danish talent seems to have fully recovered from the injury that sidelined him for most of the last season. He was the best performer of the first round of ACB, as he collected 21 points and 13 rebounds showing his impressive all around skill set: soft hands, deep range, mobility, sense of position and a good athleticism. Since then his performances have slightly trailed off, but he’s definitely one of the most intriguing prospect currently playing in Europe. He’s averaging 9 points and 7 rebounds in ACB.

Micic is a guy I am following this year. Love tall point guards... especially ones who can run a team:

Vasilje Micic (6’5”, PG, 1994, Serbia, Mega Vizura)

Micic is the starting point guard of a young and talented team, that has collected some of the best Serbian prospects (Miljenovic, Jokic, Dangubic among the others) around veteran bigman Ratko Varda. Micic is showing great maturity and poise in leading his team, with the usual offensive skill set based on fake moves, speed and direction changes and use of pivot feet. His shot is showing improvement (50% from the field in ABA league) especially from 3 point, an aspect which could enhance his draft stock. His stats are 11 points 5.8 assists and 2.7 rebounds thus far in ABA League.

Source: http://www.nbadraft.net/bogdanovic-stepping

Comment

magoon wrote: View Post
                              So eight years? That's kind of brilliant. Why would we want a star player growing into his game over 2-3 seasons, really, when we can have eight years of not having him instead?
                              If he wants to come here, he can force his way here.

Comment

I understand there's a lot of "if's" still to be answered, but being Smart a much more established player at the college level wouldn't you take him over Wiggins bearing in mind that pg is our most weak position in the depth chart?

Or better yet: consider we have the 2nd pick overall and wiggins has beeen taken nº1

Comment

Working...
                                X