No announcement yet.

The Raptors and the 2014 Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chad Ford's 3.0 mock draft is up on ESPN Insider. Wiggins still at #2 behind Embiid, Ennis jumps up to #8, Nik Stauskas jumps to #15, and he has the Raps taking Chris Walker at #20.

Full list:

1. Embiid
    2. Wiggins
    3. Exum
    4. Parker
    5. Smart
    6. Randle
    7. Aaron Gordon
    8. Ennis
    9. James Young
    10. Noah Vonleh
    11. Gary Harris
    12. Dario Saric
    13. Rodney Hood
    14. Doug McDermott
    15. Stauskas
    16. Jerami Grant
    17. KJ McDaniels
    18. Clint Capella
    19. Zach LaVine
    20. Walker
    21. Willie Cauley-Stein
    22. PJ Hairston
    23. Mario Hezonja
    24. Sam Dekker
    25. Montrezl Harrell
    26. Adriean Payne
    27. Jusuf Nurkic
    28. Wayne Selden
    29. Vasilije Micic
    30. Bogdan Bogdonivic

Comment

• magoon wrote: View Post
      Chad Ford's 3.0 mock draft is up on ESPN Insider. Wiggins still at #2 behind Embiid, Ennis jumps up to #8, Nik Stauskas jumps to #15, and he has the Raps taking Chris Walker at #20.

Full list:

1. Embiid
      2. Wiggins
      3. Exum
      4. Parker
      5. Smart
      6. Randle
      7. Aaron Gordon
      8. Ennis
      9. James Young
      10. Noah Vonleh
      11. Gary Harris
      12. Dario Saric
      13. Rodney Hood
      14. Doug McDermott
      15. Stauskas
      16. Jerami Grant
      17. KJ McDaniels
      18. Clint Capella
      19. Zach LaVine
      20. Walker
      21. Willie Cauley-Stein
      22. PJ Hairston
      23. Mario Hezonja
      24. Sam Dekker
      25. Montrezl Harrell
      26. Adriean Payne
      27. Jusuf Nurkic
      28. Wayne Selden
      29. Vasilije Micic
      30. Bogdan Bogdonivic
      If we take Walker he's gonna be a major project but if he develops he would be like a Larry Sanders with offense
      "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• Elfrid Payton is going to be a good late pick up. Defense first guard with very good size. Great back-up material who has made some nice improvements each college season. Lacks range. Tailor made for defensive disruptor though

Comment

• 20 Chris Walker COLLEGE: Florida AGE: 18 HT: 6-9 WT: 195 POS: SF

Analysis: Walker is another player who could've been a lottery pick had he played a full season with Florida. He's getting limited minutes on the No. 1 team in the country, but the potential is there, and Toronto GM Masai Ujiri has never shied away from grabbing a player based on what he can become. If Walker puts in the work, the Raptors could have a steal this late in the draft.

PLAYER CARD

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Is 7-5, Etobicoke Indian Sim Bhullar worth drafting for Raptors in 2nd round?

This guy is actually intriguiing, even though he looks like a project.
            He's 7-5, over 300 pounds and has not been a bust for New Mexico.
            He still has some conditioning to do and has to get more used to the speed of the game.

But if we can get him in the 2nd round next year, he can be a decent backup center or a third string center.
            Its better than getting another point guard/combo guard.

But from a marketing standpoint:

He's from Toronto, specifically Etobicoke in my neighbourhood
            He would be the first Indian NBA player

Comment

• He hasn't really played much at Florida, so here's his high school mix for context:

Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

• Bhullar's size is impressive. He is a long way from being ready but he could end up in the NBA someday. He's a redshirt freshman coming off the bench at New Mexico State. It would be wise to stay in school for another 2 or 3 years.

Jordan Bachynski is a 7'2" Canadian center at Arizona State that is a lot more ready for pro basketball at this point.

Comment

• I see Chris Walker in the same light as Perry Jones III. Hyper athletic, long, but needs some work before he can become a SF in the NBA seeing as he has primarily played PF his entire life. I wouldn't mind grabbing him in the second round and putting him in the D-League, like OKC has done with PJ3 (who is turning into an effective player already)

Comment

• The draft process and hype around it can be so fickle.

I wonder what Syracuse's recent skid will do to Ennis.

Comment

• Interesting, Zach LaVine is at 19, right before the Raptors pick. I didn't realize he was dropping so much. I remember him around #7 not that long ago.

Comment

• 2kfeen wrote: View Post
                        This guy is actually intriguiing, even though he looks like a project.
                        He's 7-5, over 300 pounds and has not been a bust for New Mexico.
                        He still has some conditioning to do and has to get more used to the speed of the game.

But if we can get him in the 2nd round next year, he can be a decent backup center or a third string center.
                        Its better than getting another point guard/combo guard.

But from a marketing standpoint:

He's from Toronto, specifically Etobicoke in my neighbourhood
                        He would be the first Indian NBA player
                        I think he'll stay until he's a senior, so 2016 draft class. But he's still got a lot of growth to do before he's a legit NBA player. He made a lot of improvement last year (great improvement from early season to late season) but hasn't really taken that next step this year. Sophomore slump perhaps. I think it makes sense for him to get as much development in college as possible. Third in the NCAA in FG% is a great stat to have, although NMSU has some very good scorers (37th in PPG and 12th in FG%), so they haven't needed to feature him, and his usage is pretty low compared to other high-percentage scorers. Really, he should be able to get to his spot in the post, back down just about any other college player in the country, and dunk with great efficiency.
                        Rebounding numbers are lower than you'd expect from his size, but from the times I've watched (mostly last year), he does do a decent job of finding his guy and boxing out, often resulting in a rebound for his team. Some of these things - getting position in the post, backing down, blocking-out - are skills that should translate to the NBA... needs to be a much better FT shooter though.

Comment

• Watching the louisville smu game, russ smith is going off.

Comment

• Another Canadian I don't think anyone has mentioned: Malcolm Duvivier.

I played against him last year.. he's now a freshman at Oregon State. Only getting around 10 minutes a game but I've watched a big chunk of Beavers' games, he's showing flashes on the offensive end.

Hopefully his development goes well.. I'd love to see him get picked up in the second round a few years down the road.
                            Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                              He looks like a very interesting prospect

Comment

• BigCamB wrote: View Post
                                He looks like a very interesting prospect
                                Last name says it all!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                                @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Working...