The Raptors and the 2014 Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mediumcore wrote: View Post
    Only problem is that until the Chicago combines, you can't tell for sure how tall anyone is. 6' 9" becomes 6" 7.5" without shoes and so on.
    It's a good thing nobody plays basketball barefoot

Comment

• That [Parker] kid is amazing," Durant said. "I think he is the best player in the country. Him and Wiggins are like '1A' and '1B.' Those guys are going to do the one-and-done thing, do it early. They are going to do really well in college and lead their teams to, I think, the Final Four. That's kind of like, 'Close your eyes and pick one.' You're good with either one of those guys.

"I love Jabari's game. He's so skilled. He has it all right now. Wiggins is on another level with God-given ability. You look at him, you can tell he's going to be really big and fill out a lot. He's really athletic."

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--ke...medium=twitter

Now imagine having one of those two players, JV, another top pick in 2015, enough cap space to go after another top free agent in '15, and Drake egging him to Toronto in '16 during all-star weekend after his relationship with Westbrook finally blows up and he tires of owners refusing to spend in to the luxury tax.

THINK BIG

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
        A nice Marcus Smart pic of his 9 steals in the last game. All from different spots/situations.

I freakin love this kid's D. I keep wondering if he's the best defensive guard prospect since Payton. He's big, relentless, can guard both guard spots, seems to have a knack for getting his hands on the ball...Want him pretty badly.

Comment

• Raptor_11 wrote: View Post
          Randle's height kinda worries me.. I don't know what his wingspan is however, that could make a difference. You just don't see many star big's that are under 6'10
          Dawight Howard!
          "Stop eating your sushi."
          "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
          "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
          - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• JimiCliff wrote: View Post
            Dawight Howard!
            except he's listed at 6'11 and is a FREAK athlete

Comment

except he's listed at 6'11 and is a FREAK athlete
              But he is really 6'9" barefoot with a 7'4.5" wingspan.

DraftExpress profile.

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
                But he is really 6'9" barefoot with a 7'4.5" wingspan.

DraftExpress profile.
                With that wingspan he could be 6'9 with shoes and still be a beast

Comment

With that wingspan he could be 6'9 with shoes and still be a beast
                  Like biyombo?

Comment

Like biyombo?
                    sure, like Biyombo lol

Comment

Like biyombo?
                      Biyombo has zero offensive game and even his defense is average, he just has long arms so he can block shots. I remember someone here saying that Biyombo is the next Ben Wallace and that he will be better than JV hahaha

Comment

• NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                        Biyombo has zero offensive game and even his defense is average, he just has long arms so he can block shots. I remember someone here saying that Biyombo is the next Ben Wallace and that he will be better than JV hahaha
                        Well I'm glad raptors_11 got the sarcasm

Comment

Well I'm glad raptors_11 got the sarcasm
                          I did indeed get the sarcasm. I just felt like ripping on Biyombo for the hell of it

Comment

• This isn't a normal class of freshmen.
                            http://espn.go.com/mens-college-bask...eshmen-special

Comment

• Seems that the early season performances have only caused more confusion among NBA GMs:

Yet as fun and memorable a night as it was for fans and NBA executives alike, one general manager who asked for anonymity because league rules prevent him from talking about prospects likely spoke for the masses when he told USA TODAY Sports, "To be honest, I think (Tuesday) night muddied the waters even more."

The beauty of this draft, though, is that it's expected to be so good that any team in the top 10 should be fine even if those waters don't clear up between now and June. That was the overlooked aspect of Tuesday night's event, the fact that — as much as Randle, Parker and Wiggins "opened up the imagination," as one executive put it — they aren't alone when it comes to top-tier talent coming out of the college game. To wit, a second general manager shared his personal top-five list as it currently stands after the Champions Classic and listed Randle fifth behind Wiggins, Parker, Australian combo guard Dante Exum and Arizona freshman forward Aaron Gordon.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports...-to-z/3568275/

Comment

• At this point we're still sitting 2nd in the Atlantic... My main concern is that we'll accidentally win the division, making the playoffs despite having a bottom-5 record in the east.

Comment

Working...
                                X