No announcement yet.

The Raptors and the 2014 Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• it's kinda funny after that Tim.W article about March Madness where he was going off about how he can't wait to see Wiggins, Parker react to big lights and how stars are made in this tournament. Well so much for that.
    Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• blackjitsu wrote: View Post
      If you're a scout and you judge Wiggins on that last game instead of looking at the amount of growth he made throughout a full season you don't deserve to earn a paycheck.
      all I can say is the scouts are EARNING their pay cheque for this draft... you just cant say the peck order in this draft.. So much talent but so hard to put them in an order... GMs gonna have a tough time making their decisions.. Im glad we got Masai making those draft decisions tho

Comment

• blackjitsu wrote: View Post
        If you're a scout and you judge Wiggins on that last game instead of looking at the amount of growth he made throughout a full season you don't deserve to earn a paycheck.
        Oh I completely agree. But he wouldn't be the first person to have their Draft stock take a massive hit due to their performance in the NCAA Tournament. And as Mack11 points out, he also wouldn't be the first to go unaffected by it.

Comment

• Indiana's Noah Vonleh told CBSSports.com on Sunday that he will enter the 2014 NBA Draft.

"It's going to suck leaving college without an NCAA Tournament," Vonleh, a 6-foot-10 freshman, said by phone. "But I have to do what's best for me."

Vonleh averaged 11.3 points and 9.0 rebounds this season for the Hoosiers, who missed the NCAA Tournament for the first time since 2011. NBA sources have told CBSSports.com that he's guaranteed to go in the lottery, and that the top five of the draft is a possibility.

"I've heard the fourth pick to the 12th pick is wide open," Vonleh said. "[I think I'll be selected] anywhere in that range."

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebask...2014-nba-draft
          I believe he is one of, if not THE, youngest in this draft. Does not turn 19 until August 24th.

Comment

• Chris Mannix: NBA execs aren't overreacting to clunkers submitted by Wiggins, Parker, McDermott. Texts I'm getting say they will have little to no impact Twitter @ChrisMannixSI
            So there you go....

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
              I believe he is one of, if not THE, youngest in this draft. Does not turn 19 until August 24th.
              I really like the kid. Think he will be the best PF in the draft.

I don't know the age 'stats', but I think Gary Harris is the youngest sophomore (doesn't turn 20 until Sept 14th), so if Vonleh is August, it stands to reason that he'd be one of, if not the, youngest of the freshman.
              Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Axel wrote: View Post

I don't know the age 'stats', but I think Gary Harris is the youngest sophomore (doesn't turn 20 until Sept 14th), so if Vonleh is August, it stands to reason that he'd be one of, if not the, youngest of the freshman.
                So a 30 sec stint of research found that Aaron Gordon is younger (turns 19 on Sept 16th).
                Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• I feel really bad for brady heslip with this being his last year. If he had six more inches he could be one of the best shooters in the nba. That is one pure stroke but gonna be tough for him to find a job anywhere because of his height and lack of handle.

Comment

• Chad Ford via ESPN Insider is reporting Saric has a 3 year contract agreed to in principle for a Turkish team.

I think a really good NBA team is going to get him late lottery and stash him.... or he will pull out of the draft - again.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                      yes, he will be great i think. Randle is hell of a player but so is NV.

I really don't see a star in Parker. I think he's a good player who is like a poor mans Carmelo. I think Carmelo is so talented but not a player you want to win with by style of player. Both have no defence. And Parker reminds me too much of Rudy who also somewhat fits into the Melo example.

Comment

Chad Ford via ESPN Insider is reporting Saric has a 3 year contract agreed to in principle for a Turkish team.

I think a really good NBA team is going to get him late lottery and stash him.... or he will pull out of the draft - again.
                        Late lottery may even be a stretch. Teams had the same concerns about Nikola Mirotic and when (if?) he would come to the NBA. It hurt his draft stock so much he fell to 23rd overall in the 2011 draft. Could Saric have a similar downfall in the mocks?

Either way, someone is going to get a solid stash player...and it will probably be the Spurs somehow.
                        http://twitter.com/m_shantz

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                          Vonleh is going to be the better player for sure, due solely that he is already a very good help defender, is more mobile than Randle, and is able to go both ways in the post, Randle can only go left and has no shot...

Burnit482 wrote: View Post
                          I really don't see a star in Parker. I think he's a good player who is like a poor mans Carmelo. I think Carmelo is so talented but not a player you want to win with by style of player. Both have no defence. And Parker reminds me too much of Rudy who also somewhat fits into the Melo example.
                          This^

I think he will be a fringe star who shoots a lot on low seeded playoff teams, that's his ceiling IMO

Comment

• Burnit482 wrote: View Post
                            yes, he will be great i think. Randle is hell of a player but so is NV.

Yeh he reminds me more of Rudy than Carmelo at this stage..

Neither Vonleh or Randle can really jump, Randle might even be more explosive off the bounce and that isn't saying much, but Vonleh has a huge advantage in terms of wingspan, and has much better defensive potential. I like his floor spacing potential as well, he has a pretty shot.

Comment

• Parker to me is more Glenn "Big Dog" Robinson than Rudy Gay or Melo.
                              Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

• Seems like a good comparison tbh, although my memory of Big Dog is a little sketchy.

Comment

Working...
                                X