Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TRex wrote: View Post
    'Assuming' is the key word.

I think Lowry is as good as gone. But if DeRozan and Amir stays, this is a team that is capable of winning 25-30 games. That's not good enough to land a top 5 draft pick unless they get lucky like back in 2006.
    Which is why those guys will likely also get traded. Their Values are high right now.
    You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

• Kansas loses again

Wiggins goes off down stretch again

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
        Kansas loses again

Wiggins goes off down stretch again
        Wiggins had no support today from the rest the KId was making shots basically from half court but nobody else took the load with him

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
          Oh how I pray raps don't pick #1.

When all said and done wiggins will not be #1. Hate to see him picked because of his passport
          I agree, if the Raptors can somehow get the lottery ball bounce in their favor I hope it will be the second overall pick.

I do not believe any team other then the Raptors would pick Wiggins first overall just because Parker appears to be very solid and Wiggins still raw with a possible higher ceiling at this point. Which ever player falls to the Raptors lap (second overall) as a result will be met with cheers either way by the Raptors fan base, and would not be scrutinized from the beginning.

ie, Raptors chose Parker overall - Raptors majority fan base and media will be like "WahhhaaaTT how can he not chose the Canadian kid!!! waaaaaaaaaaa: and if Wiggins becomes better then Parker, Masai will be scrutinized throughout his tenure (unless they somehow win the championship) for that move just like Colangelo with Bargnani. However if the Raptors were to chose Wiggins and he fails to become the elite player (maybe he will be just a poor man Rudy Gay or the pressure playing in front of a home town will be too much?!) and Parker become's an all star then the fans would turn on Wiggins and start to boo him because many of them are idiots I am afraid to say. For what Toronto has become its best to get the second overall pick.

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post
            I agree, if the Raptors can somehow get the lottery ball bounce in their favor I hope it will be the second overall pick.

I do not believe any team other then the Raptors would pick Wiggins first overall just because Parker appears to be very solid and Wiggins still raw with a possible higher ceiling at this point. Which ever player falls to the Raptors lap (second overall) as a result will be met with cheers either way by the Raptors fan base, and would not be scrutinized from the beginning.

ie, Raptors chose Parker overall - Raptors majority fan base and media will be like "WahhhaaaTT how can he not chose the Canadian kid!!! waaaaaaaaaaa: and if Wiggins becomes better then Parker, Masai will be scrutinized throughout his tenure (unless they somehow win the championship) for that move just like Colangelo with Bargnani. However if the Raptors were to chose Wiggins and he fails to become the elite player (maybe he will be just a poor man Rudy Gay or the pressure playing in front of a home town will be too much?!) and Parker become's an all star then the fans would turn on Wiggins and start to boo him because many of them are idiots I am afraid to say. For what Toronto has become its best to get the second overall pick.
            I somewhat agree i mean i have been saying this all along i think with Raps picking wiggins specially with the 1st pick will put extra presure on wiggins to perfrom the preasure of the 1st pick and also the preasure of all the country i think the second pick is the best scenerio as the extra preasue juct might derail his Career which will be sad to see

Comment

• yukhan1980 wrote: View Post
              I somewhat agree i mean i have been saying this all along i think with Raps picking wiggins specially with the 1st pick will put extra presure on wiggins to perfrom the preasure of the 1st pick and also the preasure of all the country i think the second pick is the best scenerio as the extra preasue juct might derail his Career which will be sad to see
              Yep, and if another team happens to gamble more and take Wiggins first overall, I wouldn't cry over it, I would also just be as ecstatic to get Parker.

Comment

• If you guys think Wiggins isn't #1 on 90% of the leagues draft board then you have no idea what you're talking about
                @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
                  If you guys think Wiggins isn't #1 on 90% of the leagues draft board then you have no idea what you're talking about
                  This.
                  Why would anyone ever not want the 1st overall pick. Yeah i get the KD/Oden situation but i mean you get your choice and the ball is in your court. In masai we trust.

Comment

• Burnit482 wrote: View Post
                    This.
                    Why would anyone ever not want the 1st overall pick. Yeah i get the KD/Oden situation but i mean you get your choice and the ball is in your court. In masai we trust.
                    This is the same this we said when BC selected AB 1st overall. I mean 1st overall does not always mean the best player in draft its potential we are talking about and who knows maybe exum will be the best player doen the road or maybe Aron gordon might surprise everyone

Comment

• Burnit482 wrote: View Post
                      This.
                      People used to say "In BC we trust" and look what happened. If Wiggins wasn't a Canadian then I wouldn't have a problem with the Raptors grabbing the first overall pick but because he is (and also from Toronto) then I fear other factors could be at play here which could hinder an objective selection of the first overall pick in this case.

Politics played a role in the Raptors selecting Bargnani first overall as well.

Comment

• Can someone please find this article and paste it as it is insider

Ford-Bilas: @JayBilas and I debate Wiggins vs. Parker, Joel Embiid as a No. 1 prospect & draft sleepers http://t.co/OGxKdR542D (insider)

Comment

• Yeah Wiggins played big tonight.
                          You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

• Mr.Z wrote: View Post
                            Yeah Wiggins played big tonight.
                            He showed great range today making those long threes. But what iam not understading is the fact that with his athleticism he should be attacking the rim way more and getting to the line more often and he needs to start getting more assits he had zero today

Comment

• I think Wiggins ends up in Toronto regardless who picks him.

Comment

• Wiggins wrote: View Post
                                I think Wiggins ends up in Toronto regardless who picks him.

And how exactly will this happen

Comment

Working...
                                X