The Raptors and the 2014 Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• iblastoff wrote: View Post
    Too much homerism here. Spurs fans thought the same thing when they got Austin daye.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    And they won the Championship. Plan worked. What's your Point?

Comment

• raptors999 wrote: View Post
      And they won the Championship. Plan worked. What's your Point?
      They didn't win it because of Austin Daye that's for sure lol

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk
      You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

• Jamshid wrote: View Post
        That is a very flawed logic. Make a list of good players who were drafted below 20 in past 20 years and have contributed so much to their team ... I bet you that the list would be huge ... With the way our team is constructed, we will be drafting late in the draft for next few years. This is the tool that has to help us get better.

One of the things that Spurs are praised for is how they can get talent late in the draft and use them to keep themselves competitive.

If you have the logic that well, 20 pick are not usually good and if we miss, so what, we miss !!! Then might as well, trade that pick for teams who value draft and get some player. Guess who used to do that Our very OWN RR favourite for 7 years, Mr.BC.
        IMO Bruno C is exactly how Spurs do it. They swing for the fences knowing if they take BPA available after lottery, you are likely looking for avg of 10-12 mins, 5.2 pts...
        Lets look at some of their picks past No 15:
        2011 -Cory Joseph No 29 -Jurry still out
        2010 -James Anderson No 20 (Is he in NBA?)
        2009 -D Blair No 37 -Great choice, passed by many bec of bad knees.
        2005 -I Mahimi No 28 -decent back up & typical production for that spot;
        1998 -Felipe Lopez No 24
        1995 -C Alexader No 29
        1994 -Bill Curley No 22;
        As you can see -sometimes they find T Parker or Manu late, but there are a lot of duds as well.
        My point was that if you go safe with BPA, you are likely to get average production for that spot (which is not much). Or you can take a gamble, knowing if it works, you are a genius, if not, you already have a Steve Novak or Tyler or... that can give you that 5.2 pts, 2.8 RB or whatever you get out of 9,10 man on your roster.
        The only guy, I can think of that we drafted after lottery with decent value & production was Mo Pete. Beyond him, nothing doing. Lets wait & see.
        He can hardly turn out much worse than J Graham (No 16 in 2005), K Rush (No 20 in 2002), M Bradley (No 17 in 2001), C Jefferies (No 27 in 2002)...

Comment

• Mapko wrote: View Post
          IMO Bruno C is exactly how Spurs do it. They swing for the fences knowing if they take BPA available after lottery, you are likely looking for avg of 10-12 mins, 5.2 pts...
          Lets look at some of their picks past No 15:
          2011 -Cory Joseph No 29 -Jurry still out
          2010 -James Anderson No 20 (Is he in NBA?)
          2009 -D Blair No 37 -Great choice, passed by many bec of bad knees.
          2005 -I Mahimi No 28 -decent back up & typical production for that spot;
          1998 -Felipe Lopez No 24
          1995 -C Alexader No 29
          1994 -Bill Curley No 22;
          As you can see -sometimes they find T Parker or Manu late, but there are a lot of duds as well.
          My point was that if you go safe with BPA, you are likely to get average production for that spot (which is not much). Or you can take a gamble, knowing if it works, you are a genius, if not, you already have a Steve Novak or Tyler or... that can give you that 5.2 pts, 2.8 RB or whatever you get out of 9,10 man on your roster.
          The only guy, I can think of that we drafted after lottery with decent value & production was Mo Pete. Beyond him, nothing doing. Lets wait & see.
          He can hardly turn out much worse than J Graham (No 16 in 2005), K Rush (No 20 in 2002), M Bradley (No 17 in 2001), C Jefferies (No 27 in 2002)...
          We drafted PJ Tucker 35th overall. Haven't been following this argument but the raps have gotten some late picks right.

Comment

• Bonus Jonas wrote: View Post
            We drafted PJ Tucker 35th overall. Haven't been following this argument but the raps have gotten some late picks right.
            It doesn't count if a play develops for another team.

Comment

• raptors999 wrote: View Post
              It doesn't count if a play develops for another team.
              Again don't know what the argument was, just wanted to point out we've drafted guys in the second round that ended up being solid.

Comment

• Bonus Jonas wrote: View Post
                Again don't know what the argument was, just wanted to point out we've drafted guys in the second round that ended up being solid.
                P.J. gave the Raps zero value and had to spend 5 years overseas before he was able to contribute in the NBA. No team would consider a player like that a successful draft pick..
                If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• At the 3 minute mark Ennis talks about his interview with PHX

"PHX was so serious, like no joke...and I'm like oh god"

interesting...

The hole interview with Cabbie is really good, still kinda choked we didn't get him

Comment

• OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post

At the 3 minute mark Ennis talks about his interview with PHX

"PHX was so serious, like no joke...and I'm like oh god"

interesting...

The hole interview with Cabbie is really good, still kinda choked we didn't get him
                    It's unfortunate we didn't get Stauskas either eh, he's gonna be the best SG in the league in a few years right?

Comment

• imanshumpert wrote: View Post
                      It's unfortunate we didn't get Stauskas either eh, he's gonna be the best SG in the league in a few years right?
                      Well he was one of the only people out of this draft class that actually plays efficient basketball, has elite range and has the skills to be a primary ball handler...if those skills translate to the NBA, there are no current SG's who have all those skills outside of Lance (and he isn't an elite shooter), and maybe Beal.

Oh, and nice sarcastic statement that is meant to show how stupid I am.

Comment

• Zach Lavine

Presented with no comment except to say: watch it all.

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                          Zach Lavine

Goodness gracious ... that's sick, wicked and nasty!

That last one he actually catches the ball backwards, completely blind. Super impressive.

Comment

• Damn.

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                              Zach Lavine

Unfortunate that they didn't have more angles for the free throw windmill. That looked unbelievable.
                              Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

• I just went back to the draft night section of this thread, Bruno being picked has got to be the most hilarious thing to ever happen to these forums hahaha I just laughed so hard, it's gold

http://www.raptorsrepublic.com/forum...2014+NBA+Draft
                                You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

Working...
                                X