The Raptors and the 2014 Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TRex wrote: View Post
    Offense is WAY easier to learn than defense.
    not really
    @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
      I'm talking draft. Stauskas will be better than Anderson in the NBA. I also think Stauskas isn't as bad athletically as you think.
      Right but ceez said specifically that he thinks stauskas has qualities that will make him successful on D. So that's what I was responding to.

I think stauskas' floor is higher than Anderson's. I think his ceiling is lower. And I think they're both niche role players in a way.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
      Last edited by white men can't jump; Tue Apr 8, 2014, 02:12 PM.

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
        Right by Vera said specifically that he thinks stauskas has qualities that will make him successful on D. So that's what I was responding to.

I think stauskas' floor is higher than Anderson's. I think his ceiling is lower. And I think they're both niche role players in a way.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
        If Stauskas can become an average defender, then he's a solid 6th man SG/SF. I don't think that's a huge stretch for him.

Anderson would need to develop a lot to even warrant significant minutes imo. Risk/reward - he's worth a 2nd round pick to me, but not a first
        Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• stooley wrote: View Post
          I can say that he's being used that way this year in Chicago. It may be a result of Thib's system, but who knows.
          haha, very evasive. It's not like he's an unknown entity. He's been the league for years and was here at the start of the season. So Thib's system is just a small sample of his career, it's fair to say what he is and what he isn't is a scorer.
          Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
            not really
            Have you ever play competitive basketball in your life??
            Mamba Mentality

Comment

haha, very evasive. It's not like he's an unknown entity. He's been the league for years and was here at the start of the season. So Thib's system is just a small sample of his career, it's fair to say what he is and what he isn't is a scorer.
              ok, ok. geeze. you got me.
              "Bruno?
              Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
              He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                Have you ever play competitive basketball in your life??
                you mean where you put the ball in the basket?
                @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• As much as people want Ennis with our 20th pick, he'll probably go around 15. I say we take Napier. I love his game and I'd be happy with either him or Ennis.

Comment

• Not sure it's been mentioned, but Smart declared yesterday and TJ Warren declared for the draft today.

http://espn.go.com/nba/draft2014/sto...aded-nba-draft

Comment

• Jordan Evans wrote: View Post
                      As much as people want Ennis with our 20th pick, he'll probably go around 15. I say we take Napier. I love his game and I'd be happy with either him or Ennis.
                      I said this yesterday further up in this thread, but picks 14-19 (as things now stand, 14-20 not counting ours if we lose the 3rd spot to Chicago) are all owned by teams with multiple picks. Also pick #10 is owned by Philly and is their second pick in the draft (via NOP).

It may be possible to not make a very big trade and move up a few spots. I'm all for that if it means grabbing Ennis. Could even be possible with a straight swap of picks depending on how things play out.

Comment

• Stauskas IMO has one of the highest ceilings in the draft. If he ill realize it or not is a whole different story. That shooting stroke with the addition of ball handing and driving doesn't come by very often. Smart kid and its blown up that he's bad on d. maybe so he will fall to Masai lol!

Comment

I'm talking draft. Stauskas will be better than Anderson in the NBA. I also think Stauskas isn't as bad athletically as you think.
                          Of course he thinks he's bad athletically, look at his user name.
                          The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• RaptorsFohEva wrote: View Post
                            Of course he thinks he's bad athletically, look at his user name.

It's supposed to be ironic. I am white, and while I can't jump for shit now, I'm pretty short and could grab the rim until I was 24. And I like the movie, and in the movie the dude can actually dunk when it counts.

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post

It's supposed to be ironic. I am white, and while I can't jump for shit now, I'm pretty short and could grab the rim until I was 24. And I like the movie, and in the movie the dude can actually dunk when it counts.
                              It was a joke based on the available material I have on you, which is your username and your stance on a couple draft prospects.
                              The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• RaptorsFohEva wrote: View Post
                                It was a joke based on the available material I have on you, which is your username and your stance on a couple draft prospects.
                                Well then for future reference, it is ironic...and actually meant to imply the opposite being more than a little possible.

I don't think Stauskas will struggle because he's white. He's got a pretty low level of athleticism by NBA standards. He's also lacking in length, and not particularly strong at his position. Now this doesn't make him an automatic bust. I can see him strugglin defensively, though, quite easily. And I can see him having a hard time translating his non-outside shooting based offence to the NBA.

Comment

Working...
                                X