No announcement yet.

The Raptors and the 2014 Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I wouldn't say overrated. Not as good as once advertised, but still, I think this will be the best draft since the 08 one - there will still be a lot of star power.

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
      Because the Raps are winning. If they were ****ing i bet you'd say this is the greatest draft class ever lol.

Anyway, nothing really much has changed. The top prospects in this draft(Wiggins, Embiid, Parker, Exum, Randle, Smart) are all going to be studs IMO.
      Andrew Wiggins doesn't not seem like franchise altering talent he was hyped to be.

Since conference play started Parker and Randle have struggled. I think Parker 3-11 tonight. His been
      Scouted and can't adapt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Wiggins with a monster game. 17pts 19rbs; Embiid with a pretty good game himself 16pts 9rbs 5blk.
        Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
          Andrew Wiggins doesn't not seem like franchise altering talent he was hyped to be.

Since conference play started Parker and Randle have struggled. I think Parker 3-11 tonight. His been
          Scouted and can't adapt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          many 'experts' expected that Jabari will struggle in Duke. I'm pretty sure he'll be just fine tho. He's a great kid, but what will happen if he decides to go on a mission? :s
          Last edited by rocwell; Tue Jan 14, 2014, 01:17 AM.

Comment

Wiggins with a monster game. 17pts 19rbs; Embiid with a pretty good game himself 16pts 9rbs 5blk.
            Yeah, and Kansas got a brutal whistle on Iowa St.'s court. Both could've had better games if the whistle were even a bit more fair.

Also, I still want to see a game where Embiid plays well and he doesn't vastly outmatch his matchup in talent. All the good games I've seen from him have been against guys who are embarrassingly bad basketball talents for the C position. Smaller, slower, sometimes fat, low-skill, no athleticism....I want to at least see him play some close to decent competition before I'll get too excited about him.

Comment

• Really good game from Wiggins though -- he nearly had that double double at halftime. A bit of a shame that Kane was playing the 2 for ISU instead of at point, but he was decent. That's two games in a row where Embiid let the opposition's big get under his skin. 2 solid games in a row for Wiggins, and finally driving for contact. It's crazy that he's trying to do so much development in a year.

Looks like Ennis had a rough game today, anyone watch it? Also, Parker struggled anyone watch that one?

Comment

• “Embiid is the best player in the country.” - ISU Coach Fred Hoiberg
                Mamba Mentality

Comment

• blackjitsu wrote: View Post
                  Really good game from Wiggins though -- he nearly had that double double at halftime. A bit of a shame that Kane was playing the 2 for ISU instead of at point, but he was decent. That's two games in a row where Embiid let the opposition's big get under his skin. 2 solid games in a row for Wiggins, and finally driving for contact. It's crazy that he's trying to do so much development in a year.

Looks like Ennis had a rough game today, anyone watch it?
                  Also, Parker struggled anyone watch that one?
                  Didn't watch it but it doesn't seem like it was that rough....12 pts (4-11 FG, incl. 2-4 3pt, 2-3 FT), 5 ast, 3 reb, 6 (!!) stl, 1 to

Seems pretty solid. Right around his averages. He needs to keep working on his scoring, especially his finishing ability when he's penetrating. Jumper is solid and decision-making is great. D is underrated too.

Comment

“Embiid is the best player in the country.” - ISU Coach Fred Hoiberg
                    Woah!
                    white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                    Didn't watch it but it doesn't seem like it was that rough....12 pts (4-11 FG, incl. 2-4 3pt, 2-3 FT), 5 ast, 3 reb, 6 (!!) stl, 1 to

Seems pretty solid. Right around his averages. He needs to keep working on his scoring, especially his finishing ability when he's penetrating. Jumper is solid and decision-making is great. D is underrated too.
                    When I last checked he had 4pts and they were losing. Now I REALLY want know how he played.

Comment

Woah!

When I last checked he had 4pts and they were losing. Now I REALLY want know how he played.
                      Yeah, I saw the same thing. They were down in the 2nd and he looked to be struggling (not even sure he had an assist), and finished with 12 and 5....and of course, the win.
                      Last edited by white men can't jump; Tue Jan 14, 2014, 01:46 AM.

Comment

• Should've kept watching. Embiid was the difference between the two teams. Amazing stretch in the second half, swatting shots and dominating inside. He had a height advantage but that footwork and touch is really impressive. Defensively he was out covering guards on the perimeter swatting 3 point shots, scouts would've been drooling over him in this game.
                        Wiggins with 19 boards which is seriously impressive. His offensive game still does nothing for me though.
                        Last edited by BigCamB; Tue Jan 14, 2014, 03:10 AM.

Comment

• BigCamB wrote: View Post
                          Should've kept watching. Embiid was the difference between the two teams. Amazing stretch in the second half, swatting shots and dominating inside. He had a height advantage but that footwork and touch is really impressive. Defensively he was out covering guards on the perimeter swatting 3 point shots, scouts would've been drooling over him in this game.
                          Wiggins with 19 boards which is seriously impressive. His offensive game still does nothing for me though.
                          Yeah me to I see Wiggins as a Iggy/Paul George hybrid, not dominate offensively but contributes in a lot of different ways
                          "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• The more I watch Wiggins the more I like his game...and the more I don't think he's a trans-formative superstar. But what team wouldn't want Iggy or Paul George? He might not be able to carry a team, but he might make the players around him better.

A part of me hopes Embiid stays another year. Going to a bad team probably will not help his development. And I wonder if some of his fouls are tied to maturity issues...Probably a reach, but he could use more time with the Kansas staff.

Comment

The more I watch Wiggins the more I like his game...and the more I don't think he's a trans-formative superstar. But what team wouldn't want Iggy or Paul George? He might not be able to carry a team, but he might make the players around him better.
                              It's a good point. I'm quite harsh on him because of the enormous hype that surrounded him even though most experts have constantly done their best to try and cool that down knowing his tendencies and development at this stage. But still, he's been all over the media... sure fire #1 for a couple of years, best since LeBron, riggin for wiggins etc. It's just kind of natural to expect something amazing immediately, and then when it turns out that isn't the case, criticize everything he does that isn't amazing. Season's gone on, he's certainly not the guaranteed #1 pick, but he could still be really, really good although I don't expect him to be a once in a generation player. I can certainly see some Paul George in him. And yeh, Paul is awesome.

Comment

• I've done a total 180 on Embiid. He's going to be great.
                                @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Working...
                                X