• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I want the raps goin after Deonte Burton if they can't get Ennis

Comment

• And what about XRM? I haven't heard much about him this year

Comment

• Ineligible to play this year. Some of his prep-school academics were not up to snuff.

Comment

• octothorp wrote: View Post
          Ineligible to play this year. Some of his prep-school academics were not up to snuff.
          Damn thats rough

Comment

• NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
            Damn thats rough
            Some shady dealings with Ro Russell and NCAA doesn't recognize a full years worth of credits. Can't even train with the Seminoles, but, can enter the draft
            A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

Comment

• e_wheazhy_ wrote: View Post
              Some shady dealings with Ro Russell and NCAA doesn't recognize a full years worth of credits. Can't even train with the Seminoles, but, can enter the draft
              Is he just sitting on the sidelines then or what? I know that Hairston is playing for the Texas Legends now in the D-League, which seems like it could help XRM too- A grantland piece on the Legends put their views on grabbing Hairston like this: "we can take the young guy and put him in an NBA setting with NBA verbiage and pro coaching, and put him with a guy like Eduardo Najera, and prepare him for the next phase of his career, which is the draft." Seems like XRM could benefit from that too
              Last edited by TSF; Sat Mar 1, 2014, 12:11 AM.
              @Boymusic66

Comment

• I want us to draft Clint Capela
                Ive attached a Video of him:
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D29d4g1C80Y#t=62

He would be our future PF and he can also log minutes as the backup C due to his size 6"10.5 and 7"3.5 wingspan
                "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• e_wheazhy_ wrote: View Post
                  He has expressed continuous support for FSU through his Twitter account, so entering the draft is highly unlikely.

I know him and Tyler Ennis are pretty good friends.. I hope he's taking advantage of the year off so he come out with a bang next season, similar to what Ennis has done.
                  Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

• blackjitsu wrote: View Post
                    That's pretty inefficient isn't it?
                    It is

Comment

• The other canadians

Obviously Wiggins isn't an option unless MU pulls off a major blockbuster move at the draft.

I was just eager to hear your opinions on the other canadians potentially available in this draft , and whether or not the raptors drafting them would be a wise or viable option.

Nik Stauskas- Mock drafts have him slotted anywheres from 9th to 25th overall. I could see him as a JJ reddick type player , with better handles.Can create his own shot occasionally , doesn't have to run around screens. Not great defensively , but he's capable of backing up Terrence and Demar . Solid shooting SG/SF of the bench.

Tyler Ennis - Jumping up mock draft boards like crazy. I've seen him slotted anywheres from 5th to 18th overall.
                      Really intriguing option for me . This is the guy I'd love Masai to target. I love Kyle , but I still don't like him as the long term answer at point. Has a fantastic feel for the game , not overly athletic however. Throw back point guard .

And then theres Kevin Pangos , who will go late 2nd or undrafted most likely. Maybe could have a Steve Kerr type role/career. (minus the 5 ships)

I really want a canadian on this team , there is so many coming into the league , and it doesn't feel right if we don't have at least one. I know it has to make sense basketball wise , not merely for nostalgic purposes.

Just wanted to hear your opinions on these 3 guys , as getting Wiggins isn't gunna happen.
                      Last edited by Junkyard13; Sat Mar 1, 2014, 02:15 PM.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                        It Won't be Andrew Wiggins. But Could Raptors Land Another Burgeoning Canadian Star?

http://www.thestar.com/sports/the_sp...medium=twitter
                        So assuming Ennis comes out, what exactly would it take to get him?? i'd trade JV for a chance to draft Ennis, who says no?

I also would trade JV for a chance to draft LaVine. I'm that high on him.
                        Mamba Mentality

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                          So assuming Ennis comes out, what exactly would it take to get him?? i'd trade JV for a chance to draft Ennis, who says no?

I also would trade JV for a chance to draft LaVine. I'm that high on him.
                          I'm glad you're not our GM then
                          A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

Comment

• 4hunnit_degreez wrote: View Post
                            I want us to draft Clint Capela
                            Ive attached a Video of him:
                            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D29d4g1C80Y#t=62

He would be our future PF and he can also log minutes as the backup C due to his size 6"10.5 and 7"3.5 wingspan
                            He is Amir

We already have Amir

If we are to draft a PF we need someone with a back to the basket game (like Vonleh), and not another hustle big

Comment

• OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
                              He is Amir

We already have Amir

If we are to draft a PF we need someone with a back to the basket game (like Vonleh), and not another hustle big
                              Yeah he is amir but a much higher ceiling/potential. Amir isnt a starting PF in the NBA we need a legit starting 4 and yeah I understand Vonleh would be the better pick but Vonleh is not gonna be around when we draft
                              "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• 4hunnit_degreez wrote: View Post
                                Yeah he is amir but a much higher ceiling/potential. Amir isnt a starting PF in the NBA we need a legit starting 4 and yeah I understand Vonleh would be the better pick but Vonleh is not gonna be around when we draft
                                Yeah, people need to stop comparing guys likely to be available when we draft to the guaranteed lottery picks. Compare Capela to the other bigs in his tier: Harrell and Payne, for example. I think he's the best pick of the 3, certainly the most high-upside.

People need to remember we're drafting around 20 (baring a trade-up, which is a whole different matter). Every player available when we draft is going to have warts. Either they're really raw, or they're undersized, or their skillset is unconventional and may not work in the nba, or they're an older player with a lower ceiling. From 18 and down, it's going to be really tough to find a PF with a good post-up game... Randle, Vonleh, Embiid, and Saric are the only guys in this draft that I've seen who really have a good post game.

Comment

Working...
                                X