No announcement yet.

The Raptors and the 2014 Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Caboclo is the Giannis Antetokounmpo of the draft. He is a mix of a few players (Peja/Gallo/Ginobli) comes to mind for me via videos) and I think he'll be more ready then people think. I feel like he'll need to adapt, but if he can do that in the Summer League and Training Camp, he may get a good shot here. I can't wait to see him play and maybe he'll end the year starting or as our 6th/7th man.
    Axel wrote:
    Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
    KeonClark wrote:
    We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
    KeonClark wrote:
    I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• blackjitsu wrote: View Post

Here's Masai.
      He looks and sounds like he hasn't slept for days haha. Can't wait to see the open gym about this draft
      Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
      Because its 2015

Comment

• I really want to see Bruno play in the summer league.
        The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• 007 wrote: View Post
          I really want to see Bruno play in the summer league.
          I have never been more excited for summer league haha
          "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
            I have never been more excited for summer league haha
            me too haha

You have the greatest quote by the way

Anyway, we should be happy that no one knows about Bruno. It just means that the expectations are low and he can come in and grow with DC and the rest of the staff.

We weren't supposed to get much better last night anyway. Why not swing for the fences at pick #20? There are not that many late first rounders or second round picks that will end up making us much better.

What I don't get is why people are so quick to criticize people who think differently. We have over 30 years of historical draft data showing the results of late first rounders and second round picks. Most of them are barely role players over the course of their career.

If you think like these other GM's, you will have the same results. At least Bruno offers the distinct possibility of being a winner, instead of picking Shabbaz napier who we know will be like Kemba.

People want to feel better about themselves, so they pick some thing that they know, but by doing that, they put a cap on how good they can be.

SO, we may be worse, but at least we had a chance to be better, instead of fooling ourselves like most teams are doing right now

Comment

• Not a fan of the player drafted but I am huge fan of the quote by Fran Fraschilla. Best. Quote. In. A. Draft. Ever. "He's two years away from being two years away."

Anyway back to the player. The Brazilian Kevin Durant. Is that like the Australian Shaq? Anyone remember him? Anyone? Bueller?

Comment

• Porter wrote: View Post
                Not a fan of the player drafted but I am huge fan of the quote by Fran Fraschilla. Best. Quote. In. A. Draft. Ever. "He's two years away from being two years away."

Anyway back to the player. The Brazilian Kevin Durant. Is that like the Australian Shaq? Anyone remember him? Anyone? Bueller?
                Watch the videos and avoid the hyperbolic quotes. Fran was probably just pissed his interns didn't give him video on this guy and made him look stupid.

Comment

Not a fan of the player drafted but I am huge fan of the quote by Fran Fraschilla. Best. Quote. In. A. Draft. Ever. "He's two years away from being two years away."

Go away if you're going to spew ESPN drivel here. He is not the Brazilian KD, and Fran doesn't know anything about the kid.
                  The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

• Bruno is more like Nicolas Batum then Kevin Durant
                    "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

Fran has difficulty with simple math.

That would be 4 years, Fran. You're welcome.

Comment

• You know everybody says he's like Batum. But I get AK47 vibe from him. If he can be AK47 defensively that'll be amazing.
                        Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                          You know everybody says he's like Batum. But I get AK47 vibe from him. If he can be AK47 defensively that'll be amazing.
                          I think theres a higher chance he becomes a solid defender than an all rounded all star. His massive wingspan and his anticipation on D is very encouraging for someone that is new to the game

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                            You know everybody says he's like Batum. But I get AK47 vibe from him. If he can be AK47 defensively that'll be amazing.
                            Well, Batum and AK are not that far apart in terms of the type of player they are and role they fill. AK is taller and a worse shooter, but they're versatile players who are strong defensively and can guard multiple positions.

So I don't think either comparison is off, especially given how little we know. I'm hoping for a Perry Jones floor, and I don't know for ceiling. AK with a jumper? A taller Leonard-type? Something like that.

Comment

• keefec wrote: View Post
                              I think theres a higher chance he becomes a solid defender than an all rounded all star. His massive wingspan and his anticipation on D is very encouraging for someone that is new to the game
                              He's no newer to the game than Embiid. Just like throwing that out there.

Comment

• KHD wrote: View Post
                                If San Antonio had picked him at 20 everyone in the media would be going on about how great they are at scouting (which they are). Since its Toronto, everyone shits on it. Oh well.
                                Thats not an accurate comparison. San Antonio EARNED that respect (they've proven to have the best scouts in the NBA). Toronto hasn't.
                                "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
                                "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

Working...
                                X