The Raptors and the 2014 Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stooley wrote: View Post
    Would you guys prefer 2 #6-10 picks this year or one #2-4?

I think this class might be deeper than it is top heavy.
    Personally #2-4. We need a guy to build around. We already have some good supporting cast members.

Comment

• Mediumcore wrote: View Post
      Personally #2-4. We need a guy to build around. We already have some good supporting cast members.
      But I think those guys have a decent chance to break out as stars. Guys like Lavine, Gordon, Smart, Vonleh. I think you almost have a better shot with 2 picks through there to get a superstar. And maybe you get someone else pretty good too.
      "Bruno?
      Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
      He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

Yeah, I might be with you on this one. I think I'd lean towards two picks in the 6-10 range. That would be some pretty serious asset-accumulation (and a more realistic scenario given our current "win streak").

Comment

Honestly I'd be good with either one.

One gives you one great shot at a franchise-altering player.

The other gives you two good shots to maybe get one of those, and otherwise gives you 2 more good young pieces to build with anyway.

Don't see a big negative to either one.

Comment

#2-4 because we need a franchise player
            "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

Good question. I like the idea of two picks. UM seems to be loooking at building a balanced team that shares the rock, two adept moves picking his character, high IQ, High skill players in the top ten would add to this significantly, IQ and SKILL being very important.

Comment

• #2-4
                @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• I think if we had two 6-10 picks and we could come out with, say, Exum/Smart and Vonleh, that would be exceptional. Exum, Ross, Vonleh, and Valanciunas would be a really great core to build around.

Still, if there's any opportunity for Toronto to put together a package of picks to go after Wiggins, I think they'd go for it, even if they need to overpay to move up.

Comment

I prefer 2 #6-10 picks. Draft LaVine and Vonleh or McDermott. Then you'll have a core of JV, DD, Ross, Vonleh and LaVine. One can dream eh??

Sadly, no way we end up w/ 2 #6-10 picks next year or one #2-4. Just being realistic. MAYBE 1 #6-10.
                    Mamba Mentality

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                      I prefer 2 #6-10 picks. Draft LaVine and Vonleh or McDermott. Then you'll have a core of JV, DD, Ross, Vonleh and LaVine. One can dream eh??

Sadly, no way we end up w/ 2 #6-10 picks next year or one #2-4. Just being realistic. MAYBE 1 #6-10.
                      We could end up with a #2-4 if we trade our guys for picks and prospects

Comment

• octothorp wrote: View Post
                        I think if we had two 6-10 picks and we could come out with, say, Exum/Smart and Vonleh, that would be exceptional. Derozan, Exum, Ross, Vonleh, and Valanciunas would be a really great core to build around.

Still, if there's any opportunity for Toronto to put together a package of picks to go after Wiggins, I think they'd go for it, even if they need to overpay to move up.
                        Fixed it for you :P

Comment

• NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                          Fixed it for you :P
                          Fair enough, but I see DeRozan as the asset we'd most likely need to move to get that second top 10 pick. For all the talk about trading Amir, I don't think he gets you better than 12 or deeper.

Comment

• No team is going to be willing to give up a top 10 pick in a loaded draft for amir johnson

Comment

• Great question. Could be it's own thread. Given how deep the draft is and the expectations for JV I'd prefer 2 in the 6-10 range for all the reasons the guys above said. Besides how cool would it be to see Toronto with 2 picks in the first round of the best draft in a decade with a guy that actually knows what he's doing in charge.
                              Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
                              Because its 2015

Comment

• Uncle_Si wrote: View Post
                                Great question. Could be it's own thread. Given how deep the draft is and the expectations for JV I'd prefer 2 in the 6-10 range for all the reasons the guys above said. Besides how cool would it be to see Toronto with 2 picks in the first round of the best draft in a decade with a guy that actually knows what he's doing in charge.
                                Yeah Masai was a former scout and hes knows talent such as grabbing faried after the lottery

Comment

Working...
                                X