The Raptors and the 2014 Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• grindhouse wrote: View Post
    Atl already has a point guard makes no sense getting Anderson they will not use him right
    Atlanta, for whatever reason, doesn't think Jeff Teague is their PG for the future. God knows why.

Comment

Atl already has a point guard makes no sense getting Anderson they will not use him right

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Yeah, but that doesn't mean there isn't any spot for Anderson. He is 6'8... they'll try and use him at the 2/3, especially since they start DeMarre Carroll. A Teague-Korver-Anderson-Millsap-Horford lineup, with good passing instincts and shooting range, could definitely run some complicated and interesting sets
      @Boymusic66

Comment

• TSF wrote: View Post
        Yeah, but that doesn't mean there isn't any spot for Anderson. He is 6'8... they'll try and use him at the 2/3, especially since they start DeMarre Carroll. A Teague-Korver-Anderson-Millsap-Horford lineup, with good passing instincts and shooting range, could definitely run some complicated and interesting sets
        Tj warren is a way better fit with Anderson in that line up how do the space the floor?

Comment

Tj warren is a way better fit with Anderson in that line up how do the space the floor?

Well if you think Warren is a better fit because of better floor spacing....I don't know how you think that. Warren is a poor long-range shooter. Anderson was pretty good last year for UCLA. Atlanta also runs a 3 heavy system and so a mediocre shooter like Warren is probably not very high on their board. What they need is a secondary ballhandler apart from Teague. Anderson could fit very well as a 6th man taking ballhandling duties off the bench.

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
            Well if you think Warren is a better fit because of better floor spacing....I don't know how you think that. Warren is a poor long-range shooter. Anderson was pretty good last year for UCLA. Atlanta also runs a 3 heavy system and so a mediocre shooter like Warren is probably not very high on their board. What they need is a secondary ballhandler apart from Teague. Anderson could fit very well as a 6th man taking ballhandling duties off the bench.
            I see what they are trying to do which is probably put Anderson at 3 and run the sets through him or Teague. I still think they are going to have a spacing problem because of the way Teague and there bigs play.

Comment

• Hood , warren , early. (Probably too early to be picked) putting Anderson at 3 spot I think is a waste.

Comment

TJ Warren - 28.7% from 3
                Kyle Anderson - 48.3% from 3

Stop.

Comment

Been looking at some of the mock drafts and I see Atlanta taking Kyle Anderson over tj warren?

I read somewhere that the Hawks are bringing Anderson over for a 2nd work out. Appears to me that they are sold on him.

ceez wrote: View Post
                  that's really my only qualm with him, though it is a big one. his decision making is pretty suspect.

kind of the thing with the players after the lotto picks, they all have issues. it comes down to what you can live with.
                  I'm wondering how much does his weak supporting cast has to do with his poor decision making. He appears to me as a smart guy.
                  Myself (March 2014):
                  The raptors are a tremendous young team and will win a championship in the following five years.

Comment

• Wow, Kyle Anderson seems very skilled he seems like a Spurs type of player

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

• OptimalOptimist wrote: View Post
                      I read somewhere that the Hawks are bringing Anderson over for a 2nd work out. Appears to me that they are sold on him.

I'm wondering how much does his weak supporting cast has to do with his poor decision making. He appears to me as a smart guy.
                      that's a good point too, sort of like lillard in college. have to see how he does in the 3 on 3's and stuff.
                      @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• Draftexpress has picking TJ Warren i their lastest mock draft. That was just updated today.
                        @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                          Draftexpress has picking TJ Warren i their lastest mock draft. That was just updated today.
                          They have Payton going 21st to OKC.

I have a hard time imagining Ujiri skipping Payton especially if he is trying to find players to fit Casey.

Can't wait for draft night!

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                            Draftexpress has picking TJ Warren i their lastest mock draft. That was just updated today.
                            I'd be okay with Warren, he can come off the bench and light it up for us
                            "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
                              I'd be okay with Warren, he can come off the bench and light it up for us
                              thats my thinking too

warren, project pat and vasquez would give other teams' second unit fits
                              @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• my dream scenario is Lavine or Ennis falls to us

we get a motoriffic big with our first second rounder

and my boy melvin ejim with our late late second rounder. i feel like he can be a contributor and if absolutely nothing else, spice up practices.
                                @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Working...
                                X