X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Again, I am happy to see Craft in for a workout. I want him

Comment

• saints91 wrote: View Post
      If Cleveland is not high on wiggins, I would take the reported Philli trade offer of Thad young and the 3rd for #1. Draft Embiid or Parker at #3.
      Parker will be huge defensive liability on this Cavs' roster for sure.

Comment

• I can't see Philly drafting Embiid after taking Nerlens Noel, another injured bigman, in the last draft. Embiid could fall to as much as 4 or 5 after this foot injury.
        Give me liberty or give me a bran muffin! - Colin Mochrie

Comment

• Only the Cavs have been able to have a close look at Embiid medically speaking and their doctors discovered the foot fracture. Now that Embiid is an unlikely number one pick, more teams will be wanting to have a good look at the center's back and foot.

Comment

• Yeah how severe a fracture will factor into a lot of decisions. I'm sure the Cavs won't disclose such medical information to other teams in the NBA out of competitive purposes.
            Give me liberty or give me a bran muffin! - Colin Mochrie

Comment

• 1 more week so excited! We got three picks wooooooooo

Comment

• Sad for Embiid, felt he was clearly the most talented player in this draft. Wonder where he will slide to now.
                Sucks for Philly as they were so freaking awful last season and definitely wanted Wiggins or Parker right...so they will probably miss them unless they can move up. Worried where Exum will land as well, haven't been following the workouts/rumours for the last month so im not sure how he is working out.

Oh well, very excited for the draft, not long to go

Comment

• Alex Kennedy: How much has Elfrid Payton helped his draft stock in recent weeks? I'm hearing that he has received an invite to the NBA Draft green room. Twitter @AlexKennedyNBA

Alex Kennedy: There's a real chance that Elfrid Payton goes in the lottery. I've heard his range is 7-16. That's what happens when you dominate workouts. Twitter @AlexKennedyNBA
                  Looks like Payton is the #3 PG in this draft after Exum and Smart.

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                    Looks like Payton is the #3 PG in this draft after Exum and Smart.
                    His workouts going great is the only reason we have a shot at Ennis with the 20. So I'm very happy for him!
                    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Would you take Stokes or Ennis?

I'd take Stokes, Memphis will draft him if we don't.

Also, If Ennis falls to us, there is a good chance he falls more, all the way to Miami's pick.
                      Myself (March 2014):
                      The raptors are a tremendous young team and will win a championship in the following five years.

Comment

• OptimalOptimist wrote: View Post
                        Would you take Stokes or Ennis?

I'd take Stokes, Memphis will draft him if we don't.

Also, If Ennis falls to us, there is a good chance he falls more, all the way to Miami's pick.
                        Ennis hands down. Big mistake to pass on him.
                        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• http://www.draftexpress.com/article/...uard-Crop-4619

Good article comparing Stauskas and Harris statistically. Also has breakdowns of the best players at each position

Comment

• The more I look at Melvin Ejim, the more I want to draft him second round (either with our first second-round pick or by buying a second in the 40s from somebody - maybe Philly's #47 or Phoenix' #50, both of which I think could be bought with cash). He's got all the tools already (except for shot blocking), he's a smart and unselfish player, he's athletic with a great motor, and he can play at our position of biggest need (SF). The fact that he's a Toronto boy is really just icing on the cake.

There are guys with higher upside than Ejim, certainly - but he's got a remarkably high floor and I think he'd play his heart out for us.
                            Last edited by magoon; Fri Jun 20, 2014, 10:25 AM.

Comment

• @WojYahooNBA: As further proof of how far Shabazz Napier's stock has risen: He's accepted an invite to green room for NBA Draft, source tells Yahoo.

Did Ennis get invited as well?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• OK, my big board

20: Tyler Ennis, KJ McDaniels, Elfrid Payton, Kyle Anderson, Shabazz Napier, Jordan Adams

Would be pretty excited about any of these guys. Not sure how getting Ennis, Payton or Napier affects Lowery/Vasquez, perhaps Gravy plays at back up SG? If we get Adams, he adds to a logjam with Ross and DeRozan. Kyle anderson has the most bust potential, but could also be a very special player who a lot of teams will regret not drafting, winding up somewhere on the Boris Diaw to Magic Johnson spectrum. K.J. McDaniels is a great fit. But Tyler tops my board because he's a freshman, and the whole being from Toronto thing doesn't hurt the story, though there is risk there.

37: Clint Capela, Damien Inglis, Spencer DinWiddie, Jarnell Stokes, Deonte Burton

Grab one of the International stand outs, or some unherralded guys who have produced for their teams. I like Spencer DinWiddie especially, because his name makes think he must sound like one of the Levelers, debating suffrage with Oliver Cromwell at the Putney Debates.

59: Sim Buhllar, Daniel Miller

Sim by the numbers: 7' 5"/ 13.2 WS (!!)/ 21 years old. And also, he's from Toronto, and we have McKechnie to get him in shape. It's the more or less worthless 59th pick, so just do it! First NBA player of Indian descent, it's a great story regardless of outcome. If by some fluke Sim is off the board, grab Daniel Miller out of Georgia Tech

So, in a dream scenario, we get Ennis, Capela and Bhullar. Worst case scenario seems to be Adams, Burton and Miller, which is OK, though not exactly spell binding. I'm hoping we get at least two of Ennis, Anderson, McDaniels, Payton / Capela, Inglis / Bhullar.

edit: Actually, I guess the dream scenario is Ennis falling to 20, McDaniels falling to 37, and Bhullar at 59.
                                Last edited by Quirk; Fri Jun 20, 2014, 10:54 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X