No announcement yet.

The Raptors and the 2014 Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If there is any reasonable way to trade up and get stauskas I would love to see that happen. I love this guys game, feel like his ceiling is a poor mans stef curry. Lights out shooter with lightning fast release, great handles and superb facilitator. I just don't think he'll ever be able to attack the basket or be quite as quick off the draw as Curry, but he's also 6'6. Current mocks have him between 9 and 13.

If not stauskas, my ideal picks are ennis, Anderson, Payne, or mcdaniels.

At 37 I like stokes or GRIII.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
        C.J Wilcox is an ELITE shooter
        And nothing else. He'll likely be available at 37, if you even wanted him.
        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Jeff Goodman: Source told me that Elfrid Payton held his own today against Marcus Smart in workout in Sacramento. Twitter @GoodmanESPN - See more at: http://hoopshype.com/rumors.htm#sthash.skk5Pg9j.dpuf

Jeff Goodman: Toronto Raptors will host Jordan Clarkson and a pair of Canadians tomorrow in Khem Birch and Melvin Ejim, per sources. Twitter @GoodmanESPN - See more at: http://hoopshype.com/rumors.htm#sthash.skk5Pg9j.dpuf

Comment

• If Ennis falls to us (which it looks like he will)

Does this lineup look nice?

Lowry - Ennis - Colo
            DD - Vasquez - #37/#59 pick?
            Ross - VC - Fields
            Amir - PPatt
            JV - #37/#59 pick?

And when Lowry gets old, after his contract ends, hopefully Ennis can become a starting PG.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

• I would love to get Inglis at 37, and Baschinsky at 59.

Lowry - Ennis - Colo
              DD - Vasquez - Fields
              Ross - Inglis - VC
              Amir - 2Pat - Minimum deal FA
              JV - Baschinksy - Hayes
              The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• Jordan Clarkson another athletic PG. Had a great start to start the year and fell off cause of news of his father being diagnosed with cancer.

Chad Ford's thoughts

May 22 Update: Clarkson provides a bit more sizzle. He measured 6-5 with a 6-8 wingspan at the draft combine and produced some of the best athletic testing numbers of anyone there (38.5-inch max vertical, a 10.79 lane agility score, a 2.98 shuttle run and a 3.28 three-quarter court sprint). As far as size and athletic abilities go, Clarkson is one of the best point guard prospects in the draft. The questions scouts have had surround his jump shot and his position. Clarkson started the season shooting the ball well, but his shooting plummeted in the second half of the season. Is he the shooter from the first half or the second half of the year? At both the combine and at the drills I saw on Tuesday, he looked like the shooter from the first half. Clarkson was one of the top shooters at the combine and it carried over to Tuesday where he really couldn't miss from anywhere on the floor. He has a nice shooting motion and great range on his shot. Why the dip midseason? There are no definitive answers, but there's a theory. Clarkson's drop in production coincided with the news that his father had been diagnosed with cancer. Clarkson and his father are very close and the news devastated him. "It was hard to stay focused," Clarkson said. "You find out something like that and it really hurts." While Clarkson himself won't use it as an excuse for his play in the second half, it does give scouts some leeway to consider the possibility that Clarkson's dip in production was more than a regression to the mean. As for his point guard skills? He wasn't quite as sharp as Ennis in the workout, but the requisite handle and passing skills are there to be a lead guard. There are so many combo guards running the point in the NBA that Clarkson shouldn't have a hard time fitting in. And even if he can't play the point, his measurements mean that he can easily play the 2 in the NBA. Clarkson went through his first workout on Monday with the Bulls -- pitted against Zach LaVine, Elfrid Payton and Nick Johnson. A source inside the Bulls said that Clarkson was terrific in the workout. All of that, combined with some poking around with NBA general managers on Tuesday, leads me to believe that we may have Clarkson ranked too low on our Big Board and in our Mock Draft. Virtually every GM I spoke with said they saw him going somewhere in the 20s. We
                @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                  Jeff Goodman: Source told me that Elfrid Payton held his own today against Marcus Smart in workout in Sacramento. Twitter @GoodmanESPN - See more at: http://hoopshype.com/rumors.htm#sthash.skk5Pg9j.dpuf

Jeff Goodman: Toronto Raptors will host Jordan Clarkson and a pair of Canadians tomorrow in Khem Birch and Melvin Ejim, per sources. Twitter @GoodmanESPN - See more at: http://hoopshype.com/rumors.htm#sthash.skk5Pg9j.dpuf
                  If Payton's stock continues to rise, i think there's a chance Ennis falls to the Raps at 20.
                  Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                    Jordan Clarkson another athletic PG. Had a great start to start the year and fell off cause of news of his father being diagnosed with cancer.

Chad Ford's thoughts
                    Can't find much on him. Not really a fan of SEC basketball, mind you....

Comment

• If Ennis falls, is he taken for his skill (BPA) or because he's canadian?

Or maybe both?
                      The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• RaptorsFohEva wrote: View Post
                        If Ennis falls, is he taken for his skill (BPA) or because he's canadian?

Or maybe both?
                        Did you watch Syracuse play this year? Not trying to be rude -- Ennis is the real deal.

Another thing to consider is that for the past couple years basketball Canada has made their base at the ACC. So even if they've made no contact with all these Canadian kids it's very likely that they've seen them up close for a few years.

Comment

• RaptorsFohEva wrote: View Post
                          If Ennis falls, is he taken for his skill (BPA) or because he's canadian?

Or maybe both?
                          His skill!

Nobody cares if he is Canadian, Australian, Russian etc All that matters is can he play
                          "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• OptimalOptimist wrote: View Post
                            He would be great as a 2nd rounder for sure.
                            Indeed. A chance at a Shaun Livingston mould with better confidence and shooting in the 2nd round? Count me in. This kid would be a great duo with General Grievis off the becnh.

Comment

• Dinwiddie was considered a first rounder before the injury.
                              Myself (March 2014):
                              The raptors are a tremendous young team and will win a championship in the following five years.

Comment

• Today's workout: Russ Smith (PG), Nick Johnson (SG), Jordan Clarkson (PG), Jahii Carson (PG), Javon McCrea (PF), Sam Dower (C)

Smith: Small PG (under 6 ft), athletic, very good 3 point shooter, gets to the line, not great passer (about 2:1 AST:TO, which is not very good). Projected at 49. 23 years old.

Johnson: Undersized SG (6'3"), very athletic, solid 3 point shooter, gets to the line, below average rebounder. Projected at 52. 21 years old.

Clarkson: Average size for a PG, very athletic, poor shooter, gets to the line and converts at a good rate, rebounds well for a PG, poor facilitator (almost a 1:1 AST:TO). Projected at 45. 21 years old.

Carson: Undersized PG (5'10"), extremely athletic (max vert 43.5"), very good shooter (almost 40% from 3 on 3 attempts per game), gets to the line a lot (almost 7 attempts a game), rebounds well for a guard, not a great passer (just over 1.3:1 AST:TO). One of my sleeper picks at 59 if he drops. Projected at 55. 21 years old.

McCrea: Undersized PF (6'7") height-wise, but 250 lbs, not particularly athletic, solid rebounder (and very good on the offensive glass), decent post scorer, turnover prone (though that goes hand in hand with him operating as a first option from the post). Projected at 42. 21 years old.

Dower: Undersized C (6'9"), non-athletic, decent wingspan (7'2"), OK rebounder, can occasionally though not consistently stretch the floor. Projected at 60, 23 years old.

For me the intriguing picks are Carson at PG, maybe McCrea (although we are packed at PF), perhaps Johnson at SG. All at 59 though, not at 37.
                                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Working...
                                X