No announcement yet.

The Raptors and the 2014 Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I really hope Wiggins finishes his college season as the best player there is.

I've never been more excited for March Madness lol
    You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
      i'd take exum over parker, personally
      I need to find some Exum game logs

Comment

• In fact, i'd rank Exum #2 overall, easily. Even over Randle. You can't really put a price on a guy who can shoot it like he does AND has the handles AND defensive prowess AND court vision.

Add in his overall attitude.

The 18-year-old was playing for Canberra's Lake Ginninderra College in the quarter-finals of the Australian Schools Championships, held at Kilsyth Stadium.

The Lakers went into the quarters as the top-ranked team and they came up against fourth-ranked Concordia College from Adelaide.

Exum scored 37 points, pulled in 12 rebounds, dished out seven assists, had two steals, a block and didn't turn the ball over once as his side pulled out a 94-89 win.

His assessment?

"It was horrible," Exum said.

"I didn't play to the best of my ability. I ended up with 37 points or something, but still it was a horrible shooting performance.

"So, hopefully, I can improve from that."

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/leader/e...-1226779496678
        @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• Yeah, I'm heavily leaning towards Exum as well. Even if it ends up being a toss-up between Wiggins and Exum, it would take me a while to make a decision....especially when removing any Canadian bias from the equation.
          Last edited by Nilanka; Tue Dec 10, 2013, 04:14 PM.

Comment

• Mr.Z wrote: View Post
            Thats not a lock though, thats just what I think could happen.
            And right now Parker is the most NBA ready of all the prospects and will be a superstar in this league no doubt.

Wiggins seems to be way too shy when underneath the spot light, he doesn't have the killer instinct right now that is needed to get where he wants to go.
            Parker has Melo written all over him. Is very very good, but will usually be a part of why team's that have him never win championships.

Wiggins not wanting the spotlight? In the Duke game he took it upon himself to shut down Parker AND scored 16 in the second half to win the game. In the Colorado game, he took the ball in the second half and became the offense for the Jayhawks, unfortunately Colorado hit a game winner, but Wiggins got his team into a position to win when their center fouled out even. Oh and in that game Wiggins also shut down Dinwiddie late defensively. Can't really get much better than that.

Right now my draft board looks like Wiggins >/= Exum > Embiid > Randle >> Parker

Comment

I really don't care about any of those things. I care about drafting the best player.
              Well all things being equal, you simply cannot ignore the impact, even if he isn't quite as good as the best guy, should he not be the best guy, of having a Canadian superstar in Toronto. Just huge.

So if you give up 2-3 pts a game, or a few rebs or assists to take him, you do it.

Besides, watching Wiggans, I can tell ya this, his recent so called "downfall" is nothing. He is lightning fast, he has a great head on his shoulders and thinks his way through plays, he is completely unselfish, and has nice shot mechanics.

I think he will be a good one. now do I think he should stay in college for 3 years, YES. But I am not being realistic, his agent would never allow that.

Comment

• Oh, and yes, thats another thing guys.

Are you certain all these guys are even declaring????

Comment

• My draft board would look like this if i'm MU.

1. Wiggins
                  2. Parker
                  3. Exum
                  4. Randle
                  5. Smart

Sadly, the Raps will not be in a position to draft any of those guys.
                  Mamba Mentality

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                    My draft board would look like this if i'm MU.

1. Wiggins
                    2. Parker
                    3. Exum
                    4. Randle
                    5. Smart

Sadly, the Raps will not be in a position to draft any of those guys.
                    Yes they will.

Comment

Yes they will.
                      Pls explain how.
                      Mamba Mentality

Comment

Pls explain how.
                        Assuming Lowry (and perhaps DeRozan) are traded, we'll simply lose a LOT of games....

Comment

Pls explain how.
                          1. Toronto is currently tied for the 7th fewest wins (3 teams have 1 fewer win, 1 team has 2 fewer wins, 2 teams have 3 fewer wins), and at least one of those 6 teams is guaranteed a win tonight: SAC (-1) vs UTA (-3).

2. Toronto just traded away arguably their most talented player (yes I get the trade might make them a better team) for 4 players, with only one likely to make the team's rotation (Vasquez)

3. other trades might be on the horizon to further decrease the team's competitiveness (a trade of DeRozan or Lowry, or possibly even Amir, would cripple this team)

4. technically speaking, every team in the lottery has a chance of winding up with a top-3 pick, however slim statistically speaking

I fully expect Toronto to finish bottom-6 in the league, when all is said and done this season. That means they could pick 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 6th, 7th or 8th.

Comment

• stooley wrote: View Post
                            No way ATL does that trade unless Brooklyn starts showing some signs of life. That pick is like a Randle/Wiggins/Parker pick right now. You don't give that away for DD.
                            I agree in principle but they may decide they need this now and not 3 years from now. Gotta consider where the team is and where they are headed. Also gotta seriously consider whether BK will be this bad over the course of a full season, we're less than 6 weeks in.

Food for thought.
                            LET'S GO RAP-TORS!!!!!

Comment

Pls explain how.
                              MU will not allow anything else

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                                Assuming Lowry (and perhaps DeRozan) are traded, we'll simply lose a LOT of games....
                                'Assuming' is the key word.

I think Lowry is as good as gone. But if DeRozan and Amir stays, this is a team that is capable of winning 25-30 games. That's not good enough to land a top 5 draft pick unless they get lucky like back in 2006.
                                Mamba Mentality

Comment

Working...
                                X