No announcement yet.

The Raptors and the 2014 Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Read Zach Lowe on why 2nd round picks are more valuable than most realize.

http://grantland.com/the-triangle/se...nefficiencies/
    If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• charlesnba23 wrote: View Post
      Do you guys know how many draft picks do we have in the upcoming draft, and what are they? Thanks.
      That information can be found here:
      http://basketball.realgm.com/nba/dra...rafts/detailed

Raptors have 1 first rounder, and 2 second rounders (Sacramento's and OKC's). Their own 2nd rounder is going to Milwaukee.

** rocwell beat me to it.

Comment

• Random i know. But i would love to see the Raps target Russ Smith in the 2nd round. Perfect 6th man in the NBA.

Another guy that i'd love see them target in the 2nd round is McAdoo. Always been a fan.
        Mamba Mentality

Comment

• The Raptors and the 2014 Draft

Kyle Anderson putting on another show @ Stanford

4 points 5 Assist 1 rebound 1steals with 10 mins to go in the first half

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          Last edited by Chr1s1anL; Sat Feb 22, 2014, 07:34 PM.
          @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
            Random i know. But i would love to see the Raps target Russ Smith in the 2nd round. Perfect 6th man in the NBA.

Another guy that i'd love see them target in the 2nd round is McAdoo. Always been a fan.
            James McAdoo slipped to the second round? That would be a steal! just like Sullinger with the Celtics

Comment

• ennis is sh!tting the bed right now vs duke. 1/10 FG

Comment

• Wiggins.

Comment

• Someone over on r/nba made a weighted list of draft prospects based on various expert rankings and it's pretty interesting:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...=sharing#gid=0

Interesting that Wiggins seems to be dropping a bit.

Also, the rankings certainly made me take a look at Jusuf Nurkic:

Comment

• i guess tyler ennis has surely been noticed

Comment

• Anderson #1? Jordan Adams #2??? Funny stuff.

Edit- oh ok, they're metrics rankings.

Wiggins isn't slipping. In the ones that "matter" (DX, Chad Ford, nbadraft.net) he's top 3, which is where he's been for a while..and it seems like the top 3 have distanced themselves from the field (Wiggins, Parker, Embiid).
                      You never know what happens on draft night, but so far I would say the most talked about players for the top 5 are Embiid, Wiggins, Parker, Exum and either Randle or Vonleh.
                      Last edited by BigCamB; Sun Feb 23, 2014, 04:44 AM.

Comment

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
                        Read Zach Lowe on why 2nd round picks are more valuable than most realize.

http://grantland.com/the-triangle/se...nefficiencies/
                        Great article. Who knew how valuable a second round pick could be?

Comment

• Puffer wrote: View Post
                          Great article. Who knew how valuable a second round pick could be?
                          Oddly enough? The high-spending lakers. They got Gasol, Luke Walton, Turiaf, Patrick Beverly, and Ebanks all in the second round. Not a bad success rate for players who stay in the nba at all
                          @Boymusic66

Comment

• Stauskas on fire!
                            Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Raps need to go after this dude in the draft!

Comment

• TSF wrote: View Post
                                Oddly enough? The high-spending lakers. They got Gasol, Luke Walton, Turiaf, Patrick Beverly, and Ebanks all in the second round. Not a bad success rate for players who stay in the nba at all
                                Plus Sacre (60th) and Ryan Kelly (48th) the past 2 drafts. When a team can get super cheap rotation players like these, it frees up a lot of money elsewhere.
                                If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

Working...
                                X