The Raptors and the 2014 Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2KJ wrote: View Post
    I think so. Greivs could play that Manu Ginobili role, as he has the size (he's 6'6"). He can also shoot, pun intended. And they did use him at the 2 when they play small ball with Lowry at the point and Demar at the 3.
    See, i'd rather draft Kyle Anderson (in the mock drafts he's somewhere between 18-23 and have him be a DD-Ross backup. A bench unit with Vasquez and Anderson is going to cut apart other 2nd units with passing and three-point shooting. You would be able to throw a completely different look at teams if you had GV-Anderson-NewBackupSF-Patterson-NewBackupC off the bench. Reminds me a bit of the Nets starting lineup actually. And those bench units that play for 5-15 minutes with Lowry off-ball with GV? KL-GV-Anderson-Patterson-NewBackupC is a defense's nightmare.
    @Boymusic66

Comment

• Jarnell Stokes was an offensive force at Tennessee always coming up big in the tournament games and the important TV games against teams like Kentucky. I was surprised he didn't drop a few pounds for the combine weigh in. Still has a 36" vert at 263 lbs.

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
        Take a look at Jarnell Stokes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Sounds like you're secretly Jarnell Stokes
        A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

Comment

• 2KJ wrote: View Post
          I think so. Greivs could play that Manu Ginobili role, as he has the size (he's 6'6"). He can also shoot, pun intended. And they did use him at the 2 when they play small ball with Lowry at the point and Demar at the 3.
          Lol where's the pun there?
          A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

Comment

• TSF wrote: View Post
            See, i'd rather draft Kyle Anderson (in the mock drafts he's somewhere between 18-23 and have him be a DD-Ross backup. A bench unit with Vasquez and Anderson is going to cut apart other 2nd units with passing and three-point shooting. You would be able to throw a completely different look at teams if you had GV-Anderson-NewBackupSF-Patterson-NewBackupC off the bench. Reminds me a bit of the Nets starting lineup actually. And those bench units that play for 5-15 minutes with Lowry off-ball with GV? KL-GV-Anderson-Patterson-NewBackupC is a defense's nightmare.
            ^

Nba is all about mismatches ... If we are able to hide demar defensively Anderson can for sure be hidden and I don't even think he is unsafe able he lead the team in steals

Comment

• stretch wrote: View Post
              Jarnell Stokes was an offensive force at Tennessee always coming up big in the tournament games and the important TV games against teams like Kentucky. I was surprised he didn't drop a few pounds for the combine weigh in. Still has a 36" vert at 263 lbs.
              +1

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Eric Montross 00 wrote: View Post
                He is a 6-9 Chuck Hayes with some mid-range game
                If you get that 37 or even 20th. That's a good draft. Ppl need to realize where we're picking.

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Glen Robinson III looking like a good fit at 20th. Measure out to 6'7" 6-10 wingspan 41.5 vertical only 211bls but already looks bigger than Ross and Dd. Showed at the combine he can make open shots. Smart player knows how to play without the ball.

http://youtu.be/N1jXC0Mr5jI

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

• The Raptors and the 2014 Draft

Jarnell Stokes boldly says "A couple teams looking at me at 17, 19 and 20"

http://www.draftexpress.com/article/...achynski-4534/

Love what he said about being punked. Tough kid. Casey needs his enforcer!

Last edited by Chr1s1anL; Sun May 18, 2014, 05:22 AM.
                    @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Hopefully Wiggins drops to # 20.

Comment

• grindhouse wrote: View Post
                        Took a closer look at Noah vonlah and in order for him to be good he needs a lot more strength he has the body to put it on but he is a project IMO not worth the 20th pick or a upgrade from pat or Amir.

You are out to lunch, there is no way this guy goes outside the lottery, period. IF he is there at 20 you take him with no question.
                        Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

And n offensive dream. Anderson and big balls can't guard anyone. Lowry is 6'0 tall and that centre will probably be old and scrappy
                          I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

• Yabadabayolo wrote: View Post
                            And n offensive dream. Anderson and big balls can't guard anyone. Lowry is 6'0 tall and that centre will probably be old and scrappy
                            Length helps crowd the passing lanes. Besides, defensive talent is less important on the second unit. That unit would probably out-offense every other bench unit
                            @Boymusic66

Comment

Length helps crowd the passing lanes. Besides, defensive talent is less important on the second unit. That unit would probably out-offense every other bench unit
                              What if Mike D'Antoni coached that unit?
                              The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• Adrien Payne lookin like a young David West

Comment

Working...
                                X