X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• grindhouse wrote: View Post
    Here's a interesting conversation mcgary vs strokes ? Thoughts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    McGary had back surgery, got caught smokin' weed and is two years older < Stokes

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
      @JLew1050: Ujiri on Ennis: "Fantastic kid. Very professional & carries himself the right way. You see his demeanour & I think he'll make a good pro"

@JLew1050: Masai said he and his staff have been tracking Ennis for a long time. Open to all scenarios, including possibly trading up to land him

@JLew1050: After all the hype, Masai said this draft is a bit overrated. Better than last year but not as deep as first advertised. Strength is at SG

Gives me hope Anderson will be drafted by us. MU will not trade up for Ennis he is blowing smoke.

Comment

• No one trades up for a 6'2 point guard they are a dime a dozen

Comment

• grindhouse wrote: View Post
          No one trades up for a 6'2 point guard they are a dime a dozen

No one determines draft selection based solely on height. If Ennis could be the best PG in this draft, why wouldn't you consider trading up for him? Because he's got average height?

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
            No one determines draft selection based solely on height. If Ennis could be the best PG in this draft, why wouldn't you consider trading up for him? Because he's got average height?
            Maybe too bold a statement but I don't see special when I watch Ennis. I take it back he could trade out of the second round to get him

Comment

• Unless Masai feels Lowry won't stay we don't need a pg in this draft , please draft either a sf or pf with the 20 then backup c in the second rd

Comment

• I agree with grind house. Best case scenario for Ennis to me would be Jose Calderon w/ a little better D. I don't think that's worth trading up for. Especially when your already deep in that position.

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Masai ain't the type to show his hand. No way his trading up for Ennis.

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

• I agree that they won't trade up for Ennis. They'll take him if he slips though.
                    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

I agree with grind house. Best case scenario for Ennis to me would be Jose Calderon w/ a little better D. I don't think that's worth trading up for. Especially when your already deep in that position.

There is uncertainty at that position though, both in the immediate (our PGs are free agents) and long-term (both our PGs are already in their prime with less than impeccable injury histories) sense.

I don't know what Masai plans on doing, but Ennis and Payton could both end up being better than Exum or Smart as PGs.

Drafting either Ennis or Payton would be very solid to me. I think both have at least some chance to be special. And either one could give us a long-term solution at PG.

Comment

There is uncertainty at that position though, both in the immediate (our PGs are free agents) and long-term (both our PGs are already in their prime with less than impeccable injury histories) sense.

I don't know what Masai plans on doing, but Ennis and Payton could both end up being better than Exum or Smart as PGs.

Drafting either Ennis or Payton would be very solid to me. I think both have at least some chance to be special. And either one could give us a long-term solution at PG.
                        I'm ok for drafting him 20th but you don't trade up for him.

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Also, it really never hurts to blow some smoke around draft time. The less teams are sure of what you're doing the better.

Comment

• I sure as hell hope we don't draft Kyle Anderson.
                            Myself (March 2014):
                            The raptors are a tremendous young team and will win a championship in the following five years.

Comment

Also, it really never hurts to blow some smoke around draft time. The less teams are sure of what you're doing the better.
                              I hate when people make fun of Masai for saying "we're evaluating". Do you really want him to tell media everything? lool
                              Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

I'm ok for drafting him 20th but you don't trade up for him.

I think that depends on the deal, really. If it doesn't cost any core assets and you really like that player, why not see about trading up? There may be a team that just wants some mild cap relief or some such (we have a TPE and 2 non-guaranteed deals to work with there).

Comment

Working...
                                X