No announcement yet.

The Raptors and the 2014 Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So many players go an invite to the green room, that just shows you how unpredictable this draft is
    "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• Anyone know how the process of green room invitations work?

Raps

Comment

• ball4life wrote: View Post
        Anyone know how the process of green room invitations work?

Raps
        They do a poll of GMs to see who thinks which players will go lottery and send out invites based on it.

Obviously this year there is little consensus of lottery.

Comment

• If Stokes,CAPELA, Ennis, are there at 20 who do you choose? And why?

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
            They do a poll of GMs to see who thinks which players will go lottery and send out invites based on it.

Obviously this year there is little consensus of lottery.
            Thx

That means two of those invites along with Grant, Capela, Stokes will be there to choose from no?

I guess I'd be alright with any of those then.

Raps

Comment

Thx

That means two of those invites along with Grant, Capela, Stokes will be there to choose from no?

I guess I'd be alright with any of those then.

Raps
              Total 21 in the Green Room as per Ford:

Andrew Wiggins (Kansas)
              Jabari Parker (Duke)
              Joel Embiid (Kansas)
              Dante Exum (Australia)
              Noah Vonleh (Indiana)
              Aaron Gordon (Arizona)
              Julius Randle (Kentucky)
              Marcus Smart (Oklahoma State)
              Greg McDermott (Creighton)
              Dario Saric (Croatia)
              Gary Harris (Michigan State)
              Elfrid Payton (Louisiana Lafayette)
              Nik Stauskas (Michigan)
              James Young (Kentucky)
              Zach LaVine (UCLA)
              Jusuf Nurkic (Croatia)
              Adreian Payne (Michigan State)
              T.J. Warren (N.C. State)
              Rodney Hood (Duke)
              Tyler Ennis (Syracuse)
              Shabazz Napier (UConn)

Comment

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
                Total 21 in the Green Room as per Ford:

Andrew Wiggins (Kansas)
                Jabari Parker (Duke)
                Joel Embiid (Kansas)
                Dante Exum (Australia)
                Noah Vonleh (Indiana)
                Aaron Gordon (Arizona)
                Julius Randle (Kentucky)
                Marcus Smart (Oklahoma State)
                Greg McDermott (Creighton)
                Dario Saric (Croatia)
                Gary Harris (Michigan State)
                Elfrid Payton (Louisiana Lafayette)
                Nik Stauskas (Michigan)
                James Young (Kentucky)
                Zach LaVine (UCLA)
                Jusuf Nurkic (Croatia)
                Adreian Payne (Michigan State)
                T.J. Warren (N.C. State)
                Rodney Hood (Duke)
                Tyler Ennis (Syracuse)
                Shabazz Napier (UConn)
                Yea that just means 2 of the players from the above list will be there when we are on the clock.

But honestly I just don't see teams picking Napier over Ennis. So unless they are both available, our chance at an Ennis steal seems very thin.

EDIT: this assumtion is false,. there has been incidence that a player who wasn't invited to the green room was picked ahead in the lottery. ie : Brandon fucking Jennings
                Raps
                Last edited by ball4life; Fri Jun 20, 2014, 07:30 PM.

Comment

• stooley wrote: View Post
                  For the 10% chance that Embiid becomes a superstar? I'd take those odds. Seriously

10% is probably low too.
                  I would gladly use the 20th pick on him if by some miracle he drops that far. I would not trade assets to get into the top 10 to take him.

I mean, what are the most common busts? A big man with back issues....? A big man with foot issues...? I think those are probably the most frequent cases of busts due to physical reasons, and Embiid has both those issues.

Comment

• Any specifics on what surgery was performed on Embiid's foot?

EDIT: agh sorry. Just saw Woj tweet.

Comment

• magoon wrote: View Post
                      The more I look at Melvin Ejim, the more I want to draft him second round (either with our first second-round pick or by buying a second in the 40s from somebody - maybe Philly's #47 or Phoenix' #50, both of which I think could be bought with cash). He's got all the tools already (except for shot blocking), he's a smart and unselfish player, he's athletic with a great motor, and he can play at our position of biggest need (SF). The fact that he's a Toronto boy is really just icing on the cake.

There are guys with higher upside than Ejim, certainly - but he's got a remarkably high floor and I think he'd play his heart out for us.
                      I would be on the Ejim with #37 bandwagon. Could be a bit of a bull at SF or play in a 4 out 1 in small ball offense well with his rebounding and solid frame for screening. High chance he becomes a solid role player.

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                      I would gladly use the 20th pick on him if by some miracle he drops that far. I would not trade assets to get into the top 10 to take him.

I mean, what are the most common busts? A big man with back issues....? A big man with foot issues...? I think those are probably the most frequent cases of busts due to physical reasons, and Embiid has both those issues.
                      Stress fractures are very worrying to me as they are from his bones just not able to handle stress. It will be a recurring problem if he has 2 stress fractures in 2 different spots. I wonder how far he drops after this.

This draft is going to be crazy fun

Comment

Yea that just means 2 of the players from the above list will be there when we are on the clock.

But honestly I just don't see teams picking Napier over Ennis. So unless they are both available, our chance at an Ennis steal seems very thin.

EDIT: this assumtion is false,. there has been incidence that a player who wasn't invited to the green room was picked ahead in the lottery. ie : Brandon fucking Jennings
                        Raps
                        I don't think anyone will make the leap from outside of the green room into the lottery. Heard people say that the Bulls might prefer Napier > Ennis because Napier more NBA ready and Bulls are down to win now... Big difference as the Bulls do have pg needs and do draft before us.

Comment

• OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
                          Stress fractures are very worrying to me as they are from his bones just not able to handle stress. It will be a recurring problem if he has 2 stress fractures in 2 different spots. I wonder how far he drops after this.

This draft is going to be crazy fun
                          I fully would not expect him to fulfill his potential. I would hope he gets healthy enough to dangle as trade bait by his 2nd or 3rd year.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                            I fully would not expect him to fulfill his potential. I would hope he gets healthy enough to dangle as trade bait by his 2nd or 3rd year.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
                            I would get that Ghanaian witch doctor who put a hex on Ronaldo's knee (World Cup lore!) to do a curse reversal on Embiid. Maybe Masai has some pull in Ghana.

Comment

• Been watching a fair amount of Kyle Anderson and I think I'm coming around to drafting him at #20

He is definitely a SF and is actually got a pretty good first step. Right now he is able to get by the defender with his first step bu struggles when the defender recovers and starts pushing him because his legs aren't strong enough to hold his driving lane. As his body develops with age and he is able to keep from being knocked off his driving lane he could be very good. Currently he can pass on the drive after he gets hit, when he is able to keep his body in control he becomes an even better scorer and passer.

I think he is a pretty safe draft pick. (where I once thought he would be closer to a bust)

Comment

• Out of the list of 21 the only players I don't want are Payne or Napier. I would be happy with anyone else. That's a good sign.

I really hope Ennis is available though.

Comment

Working...
                                X