X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
    20. Kyle Anderson | PG | Toronto Raptors
    College: UCLA | Age: 20 | 6-9, 235
    The Raptors might need a point guard with the potential loss of impending free agent Kyle Lowry either at the trade deadline or at the end of the season. While Kyle Anderson doesn't necessarily look the part, he is 6-foot-9, can initiate offense and makes those around him better.

Do you guys believe Kyle Anderson can play the PG in the league?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Not a PG, a point forward or secondary ballhandler/playmaker. Reminds me of a young Boris Diaw before he got fat, when he was with ATL or a richman's Landry Fields or John Salmons when he was in Philly with Iverson or Mike Dunleavy at GState. A point forward.

I think he has enough lateral quickness and length(7'2" wingspan) to be atleast average on defense at the 3. With the right attitude, effort and experience can be above average on defense. If he improves his 3 point shooting he could be a starter. I think he would be a good pick for the Raptors.

Comment

• "I hope Masai finds a way to move up in the draft and nab Ennis" -Every Raptor fan ever

Comment

• On the previous SU possession Ennis sank a couple of clutch FTs to also put SU up by 1 which Pitt erased with FTs of their own...leading up to this shot. At this rate he is going to really work up the board since SU traditionally does quite well in the tournament.

Comment

• bobbybutler wrote: View Post
          Not a PG, a point forward or secondary ballhandler/playmaker. Reminds me of a young Boris Diaw before he got fat, when he was with ATL or a richman's Landry Fields or John Salmons when he was in Philly with Iverson or Mike Dunleavy at GState. A point forward.
          Boris Diaw was absolute shit in Atlanta. He didn't do anything worth while until he got paired with Nash in Pheonix.
          The best example of a Point Forward, and for Anderson, was Hedo before he came here. With Jameer Nelson being more a combo guard, much of the Offense went through Hedo; which got them to the Finals.

Comment

• joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
            Boris Diaw was absolute shit in Atlanta. He didn't do anything worth while until he got paired with Nash in Pheonix.
            The best example of a Point Forward, and for Anderson, was Hedo before he came here. With Jameer Nelson being more a combo guard, much of the Offense went through Hedo; which got them to the Finals.
            That's because in Atlanta they were tryinig to use him as a PG. Then when he got to PHX, they immediately put him in the frontcourt where he belongs.

**I also don't like Hedo as an example of point forward, though I haven't seen Anderson play to know if it's a good comparison. Hedo couldn't run your O. He could run the pick'n'roll. He couldn't break down his man one on one to create. And he couldn't pass out of the post to shooters/cutters. The best example I can think of off the top of my head, and ignoring LeBron, is Toni Kukoc. Guy could create shots for others in pretty much any situation.
            Last edited by white men can't jump; Thu Feb 13, 2014, 04:22 PM.

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
              There's only one 6'9 player that played PG in the history of the NBA. Magic Johnson. I don't think we'll see that again.

I see Anderson as a Lamar Odom type of player in the NBA. Stretch 4. Can play the 3 as well. Can handle the ball and shoot. And i think Anderson is a better shooter than Odom.
              I don't see why it can't be done. They only issue I see it that he can't guard that position. I don't think Magic guarded his position that well either. The think is that PG's won't me able to guard him either.

http://youtu.be/5EoxHiXIqfQ

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Ennis must be on cloud 9 right about now!

Hit crazy game-winning 3pt shot..... check

Get a congratulatory call from US Vice President..... check

LINK: http://espn.go.com/mens-college-bask...dent-joe-biden

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                  I don't see why it can't be done. They only issue I see it that he can't guard that position. I don't think Magic guarded his position that well either. The think is that PG's won't me able to guard him either.

http://youtu.be/5EoxHiXIqfQ

If he can guard the 3. We could start him with Ross and Derozan. Wouldn't that make for an interesting line up!

Ross guarding the PG, Demar on the SG and Anderson on the SF.

It would be an interesting basketball experiment. I think the only requirement for the "offensive initiator", generally the PG, is being able to play on the perimeter. This gives him a view of his teammates and the defense.

On the other hand, your defensive captain has to be able to see the whole offense, which is partly why Cs or sometimes PFs are best.
                  Last edited by stooley; Thu Feb 13, 2014, 06:31 PM.
                  "Bruno?
                  Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
                  He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

• Ennis is having a great year no doubt. He's the flavor of the month right now and i'm a big fan. But call me crazy all you want but i still rather have LaVine over Ennis. LaVine's upside is huge.
                    Mamba Mentality

Comment

Ennis is having a great year no doubt. He's the flavor of the month right now and i'm a big fan. But call me crazy all you want but i still rather have LaVine over Ennis. LaVine's upside is huge.
                      Bismark Biyombo had upside. I'd have expected LaVine to show some kind of improvement this year, and he hasn't really.

While he may have more upside than Ennis, his potential for bust is HUGE.
                      "Bruno?
                      Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
                      He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

• http://www.nba.com/2010/news/feature...ard/index.html

Kyle Anderson is Robert Ried
                        By 1980-81, Harris was in his second season as Nissalke's replacement in Houston. And Reid, a 6-foot-8 swingman in his fourth season, was emerging as Barry's successor. The Houston backcourt was heavy on combo guards and an aging Tom Henderson, whose lack of shooting range was a concern when his defender sagged to help on Malone.
                        "Robert could dribble, he could pass," said Harris, who had a 556-457 record as an NBA head coach. He was the 1995 Coach of the Year with the Lakers and is general manager now of the Texas Legends NBA Development League team.
                        "He had a pass-first mentality. He was an unselfish player but he could make a shot -- you had to guard him. We would have Tommy bring it up the court and get it to Robert, then cut on through so his guy couldn't just drop off in front of Moses."
                        Allen Leavell actually led the Rockets in assists that season and in 1981-82, but Reid wasn't far behind. He averaged 14.7 points, 6.9 rebounds and 4.1 assists in the two best seasons of his career and helped Houston reach the 1981 Finals before retiring in 1982 (temporarily) to become a minister.
                        This was a pivotal moment in point forward history, Harris said. "I came up with a name for the position," the coach said. "Robert was our point but he was a forward, so I called him 'point forward.' "
                        Or Rick Barry, Paul Pressey, Marques Johnson, Grant Hill, Scottie Pippen. Lamar Odom. Anthony Mason. Toni Kukoc. Boris Diaw. Hedo Turkoglu. A Point Forward. They come in different shapes and sizes and different levels of talents. Some arent even called Point Forwards.

Comment

Ennis is having a great year no doubt. He's the flavor of the month right now and i'm a big fan. But call me crazy all you want but i still rather have LaVine over Ennis. LaVine's upside is huge.
                          Lavine is not a PG. Austin Rivers had huge upside too. I dont think he will be a bust. But I dont think he is Westbrook with a jumper. I think he is similar to Jamal Crawford, Lou Williams. Athletic guard with a flashy handle. Doesnt consistently attack the rim. Takes alot of jumpers.Being on the right team will be important for his career. If he isnt, he could be Austin Rivers.
                          Last edited by bobbybutler; Thu Feb 13, 2014, 08:13 PM.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                            I have no real objection to drafting a guy with so much potential.. but this brings me back to a previous point I had.. would MU draft a project? Would Casey help develop a project? The Raptors have had many centers that ended up becoming stiffs.. with Alibi being the most recent.

If MU still think this team needs young raw talent then sign me up.. but then we need another coach. If MU wants to build on to this season by getting NBA ready talent then he'd be the wrong guy to go after (in my opinion).
                            What if the kid (Tavares) stays another year or in Spain?
                            He comes in ready (likely like Mirotic next season to Bulls).

Comment

• bobbybutler wrote: View Post

I think he has enough lateral quickness and length(7'2" wingspan) to be atleast average on defense at the 3. With the right attitude, effort and experience can be above average on defense. If he improves his 3 point shooting he could be a starter. I think he would be a good pick for the Raptors.
                              Had 22 points 11 Assist 7 Rebs 1 Blks against Colorado tonight.

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Ok started to take a look at players in this draft for gems

Zach Lavine pg if he plays SG in the nba I don't want him

Mitch mcgary in my eyes he is a power forward. He has good enough footer work that I think coaching his low post game would turn him into a good player.

Sam dekker clone of Ross

Kyle Anderson how this guy is mocked at going number 28 is unreal to me.

Comment

Working...
                                X