No announcement yet.

The Raptors and the 2014 Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• just found out kyle anderson is a new york city point guard that does it for me. I keep watching his game looking for mistakes. All I can say is this kid is a baller. I try and watch the team when he is not on the floor especially when lavine has the chance to take over the offense there is no doubt the effect he has on the game. (lavine is s btw mid-late second rounder )

Comment

• grindhouse wrote: View Post
      just found out kyle anderson is a new york city point guard that does it for me. I keep watching his game looking for mistakes. All I can say is this kid is a baller. I try and watch the team when he is not on the floor especially when lavine has the chance to take over the offense there is no doubt the effect he has on the game. (lavine is s btw mid-late second rounder )
      You are determined on him. His list of questions grew significantly when he earned a team suspension.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebask...or-oregon-game
      Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
        There's a reason why programs like Carleton have been trying to get into the NCAA competition. They already play a few games a year against Div.1 teams I'm pretty sure. Great read, thanks for sharing.
        Carleton, from what I understand has no thoughts of getting their program in the NCAA, made it pretty clear in the article.
        Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

• WJF wrote: View Post
          Carleton, from what I understand has no thoughts of getting their program in the NCAA, made it pretty clear in the article.
          Yup. It's the school that has to commit, and the NCAA requires a minimum of 12 teams from that school.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
            Yup. It's the school that has to commit, and the NCAA requires a minimum of 12 teams from that school.
            Which is really more of a political thing than a basketball thing. The NCAA set up regulations that require so many athletics meet a criteria, Carleton the University isn't interested in pursuing. But Carleton the basketball team would love to enter March Madness, and evidenced by their annual pre-season games with teams like Wisconsin.
            Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Soft...at least not he will fall to us

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• I don't think I read any talk about billy Barron

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                  Which is really more of a political thing than a basketball thing. The NCAA set up regulations that require so many athletics meet a criteria, Carleton the University isn't interested in pursuing. But Carleton the basketball team would love to enter March Madness, and evidenced by their annual pre-season games with teams like Wisconsin.
                  This is exactly what I was alluding too. The school is hesistant because of the massive financial commitment it would take to get all of their programs up to NCAA standards. But the Basketball program is already there by-and-large, and there has been talk, at least in the past, about trying to get them into more NCAA Div.1 games.

Comment

• Carleton puts a quality product on the floor and draws about 500 people per game. The average high school in Indiana draws two or three times that many. The problem lies in the marketing and promoting of CIS basketball. Carleton basketball could compete on the NCAA division 1 level but it would struggle to generate revenue the way their American counterparts do.

Comment

• The Raptors and the 2014 Draft

Elfrid Payton

http://youtu.be/iyy_u86gVlQ
                      @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Vision

http://youtu.be/EM1wl4Khebk

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Pest

http://youtu.be/PKNtu8GEKX0

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

• stretch wrote: View Post
                            Carleton puts a quality product on the floor and draws about 500 people per game. The average high school in Indiana draws two or three times that many. The problem lies in the marketing and promoting of CIS basketball. Carleton basketball could compete on the NCAA division 1 level but it would struggle to generate revenue the way their American counterparts do.
                            I think it could be argued that if Div.1 competition was coming to Ottawa, then they might draw more than 500 people.

Their biggest obstacle is the lack of scholarships they can give. They'd essentially be in the same boat as any Ivy League school, as they can't give Athletics Scholarships either.
                            And we all know how competitive they are ...

Comment

• stretch wrote: View Post
                              Carleton puts a quality product on the floor and draws about 500 people per game. The average high school in Indiana draws two or three times that many. The problem lies in the marketing and promoting of CIS basketball. Carleton basketball could compete on the NCAA division 1 level but it would struggle to generate revenue the way their American counterparts do.
                              A lot of it is cultural. Minor league and university/college sports have never drawn well in Canada, at least not Toronto, where I'm at. And of course, hockey popularity dwarfs basketball, so Canadian university basketball is an uphill battle, even with world class promotion. However, the Canadian demographic is changing, although in Toronto, moreso than Ottawa.

That said, I could definitely see that if the University of Toronto was able to compete in NCAA D1, and started winning, it could definitely become a hot trendy thing, especially if they started getting exposure on ESPN and US media down in the States. There is nothing Torontonians love more than getting a little recognition from our friends down south.

Comment

• joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
                                Their biggest obstacle is the lack of scholarships they can give. They'd essentially be in the same boat as any Ivy League school, as they can't give Athletics Scholarships either.
                                And we all know how competitive they are ...
                                Canadian schools would have a significant edge just by virtue of being in a different country. D1 schools will always scout away the truly premium Canadian talent, but Canadian schools wouldn't have to compete for the second-tier Canadian talent; they'd get the cream of the crop. Add in a few star players who might want to stay in Canada and that's pretty impressive.

Comment

Working...
                                X